PDA

View Full Version : FS: HID light kits for H2 and H3 $350

H222
07-11-2005, 10:17 PM
i have 5 available price is $350 they are rated at 8000k with a one year warranty with this kit there is no high beam however you will probably never feel they need for them these are that bright. kit includes plug and play harness, ballast and ignitors i can take credit card payment if interested pm me for a phone number to call.

i will try and post more pics tonight as soon as i gets dark enough.

H222
07-11-2005, 10:17 PM
i have 5 available price is $350 they are rated at 8000k with a one year warranty with this kit there is no high beam however you will probably never feel they need for them these are that bright. kit includes plug and play harness, ballast and ignitors i can take credit card payment if interested pm me for a phone number to call.

i will try and post more pics tonight as soon as i gets dark enough.

JMV1210
07-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Are these street legal? So I presume these lights are illuminated with gas? When you first turn them on at night they (the lights) look like they power up (dim to bright)?

How hard is it to self install?

H222
07-12-2005, 04:16 AM
they do take about 3-5 seconds to "warm up"

they are a supereasy install espcially on our trucks cause of the way the lights are intergrated into the hood. i will also send along pics of how i have my ballast and ignitors mounted

you still use your stock DOT approved headlight housings

Mr. I - Man
07-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Can you pics of the beam pattern on a wall or garage door so we can see where the beam cut-off is, Because I find it hard the OEM housing would work with HID bulbs HID light reflects and scatters differently than halogen filament style bulbs which the OEM headlamps were designed for.

VTSTOMPER
07-12-2005, 06:24 PM
What brand bulbs and ballasts is the kit using? I have bought 3 sets for other cars and am pretty picky.

DRTYFN
07-12-2005, 08:09 PM
BEWARE!!!!
Remember the other HID scams. Not saying this is, but be careful.

H222
07-12-2005, 11:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. I - Man:
Can you pics of the beam pattern on a wall or garage door so we can see where the beam cut-off is, Because I find it hard the OEM housing would work with HID bulbs HID light reflects and scatters differently than halogen filament style bulbs which the OEM headlamps were designed for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i can post pics as soon as it gets dark here. the suns still up you can be the judge of how well the stock headlight housings control the light

H2Singh
07-13-2005, 03:02 AM
no high beam, does that mean there is no high beam whatsoever, or just no HID high beam, but regular halogen high beam??

I too am interested in a wall or other picture of the light reflection.

Any specifics on the brand or manufacturer of the light??

JMV1210
07-13-2005, 09:54 AM
I guess its still not dark yet-

sclui56
07-15-2005, 01:09 AM
I must be missing something here - the stock housing sucks big time (look at the design and construction of the reflector), unless someone just want the HID look, this mod will not throw the light any better than the stock bulb.

PARAGON
07-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Sorry dude, but guys if you want better light this not the way to go. As sclui56 said the stock buckets and reflectors are trash. You need to upgrade to the Delta HID system that where the bulb, lens and reflector is all designed together or go with the more expensive projector Bi-xenon HID lights if you don't mind they way they look. Just changing the bulbs will get you nowhere. Been there, done that.

Mr. I - Man
07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Any pics yet? I m guessing you live somewhere near The Artic Circle because its been dark a couple nights already down here??

VTSTOMPER
07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ROFL

timgco
07-19-2005, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Sorry dude, but guys if you want better light this not the way to go. As sclui56 said the stock buckets and reflectors are trash. You need to upgrade to the Delta HID system that where the bulb, lens and reflector is all designed together or go with the more expensive projector Bi-xenon HID lights if you don't mind they way they look. Just changing the bulbs will get you nowhere. Been there, done that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's funny you should mention this. I was just talking with the DELTA guy today. Very nice too! I just got the info on this kit and I think it will be great. I'll find out soon. It has HI and Lo beam.

Black 05
07-25-2005, 04:07 AM
Hi Tim
Is this something new from Delta? Do you have pricing? I am in the maket to buy a set soon.