PDA

View Full Version : sut hitch gate?

MONSTERMATT
12-08-2005, 01:38 PM
i got the tonneau cover thrown in for the cost of the truck but i thought the cover was suppose to come with a hitch gate lock , the cover has a lock on it but without a hitch gate lock it sort of defeats the purpose of having the locking cover, unlesss the auto locks works to lock the gate? maybe ill try that

MONSTERMATT
12-08-2005, 01:38 PM
i got the tonneau cover thrown in for the cost of the truck but i thought the cover was suppose to come with a hitch gate lock , the cover has a lock on it but without a hitch gate lock it sort of defeats the purpose of having the locking cover, unlesss the auto locks works to lock the gate? maybe ill try that

KenP
12-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Well?

I guess the thinking is most thieves won't open the tire carrier to get inside if the top is locked. You could always cable lock your swing gate closed.

GLBLWARMR
12-08-2005, 03:47 PM
I am working on setting up a cable lock for my swing gate. This is the only option that I have found so far.

TXSUT
12-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Matt, if the tonneau cover lock is operating correctly, it prevents the tailgate from being opened. Mine does.

GLBLWARMR
12-09-2005, 02:09 PM
There should be an L brakcet that mounts to the center of your tailgate so when you lock it, the L braket catches on the lock latch and prevents it from being opened. I was missing the L bracket so I went to the dealership and made them give me one since I just bought my truck 2 months ago.

KenP
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Matt, I see you've already gotten the answer. I talked with a CO guy last night and he said the same thing aobut the bracket.