PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Black OEM tube assist steps

jmsspratlin
07-31-2007, 12:39 PM
If anyone has some of these lying around and wants to rid themselves of them, I may like to buy. I currently have chrome ones, and would like to switch over to black. I would prefer them in near MINT condition if possible. If interested, I would also be willing to possibly trade. If you have some and want to sell, please PM me or email me at jmsspratlin@hotmail.com Thanks....Jamie

jmsspratlin
08-01-2007, 06:42 PM
nobody even wants to trade?:confused: :crying:

twenty2
08-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I would trade... but they're not in near Mint condition. No bends.. never off-road... but very little surface rust.

jmsspratlin
08-02-2007, 06:25 AM
I would trade... but they're not in near Mint condition. No bends.. never off-road... but very little surface rust.
Got any pics?

jmsspratlin
08-07-2007, 03:25 AM
:confused:

Demo
08-09-2007, 03:53 AM
mine are in good shape, off an 06, how much are you willing to pay.

jmsspratlin
08-09-2007, 10:46 PM
mine are in good shape, off an 06, how much are you willing to pay.

Thought you were driving a H3? If these are indeed for a H2, please email me some pics, and a price ad we can go from there. My email is jmsspratlin@hotmail.com thanks man....Jamie

OrangeCrush
08-10-2007, 03:20 AM
I've got a set of black ones I took off an H2 a year ago. They've got a bit of rust on them (I mean a few small spots...just surface)

Point is, I can have them sodablasted and powdercoated for you. You pay for that (the guy that does them is a buddy, he does stuff really cheap for me) and shipping and you can have them at no cost from me.

Let me know if you're interested.

Mark

jmsspratlin
08-10-2007, 05:04 AM
I've got a set of black ones I took off an H2 a year ago. They've got a bit of rust on them (I mean a few small spots...just surface)

Point is, I can have them sodablasted and powdercoated for you. You pay for that (the guy that does them is a buddy, he does stuff really cheap for me) and shipping and you can have them at no cost from me.

Let me know if you're interested.

Mark
How bad is the rust? Have any pics you could email me? Also, how much we talking for the PC? Email is jmsspratlin@hotmail.com Thanks....Jamie

OrangeCrush
08-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Jamie,

The rust is minimal... I just looked at them yesterday. I'll take a better look today and double check what kind of condition they're in.

Like I said, it's surface. Maybe the corners where it got scratched, etc, etc...

Point is, instead of sandblasting them, I would probably sodablast them (I own two bodyshops, one which does restorations so I'd probably sodablast them myself) and send them to a buddy for powdercoating.

I'll check with him today but I'd say he'd probably want 75-100 bucks to do them both.

I'll get back to you by this weekend. I'll try to take some pics.

Mark

jmsspratlin
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Jamie,

The rust is minimal... I just looked at them yesterday. I'll take a better look today and double check what kind of condition they're in.

Like I said, it's surface. Maybe the corners where it got scratched, etc, etc...

Point is, instead of sandblasting them, I would probably sodablast them (I own two bodyshops, one which does restorations so I'd probably sodablast them myself) and send them to a buddy for powdercoating.

I'll check with him today but I'd say he'd probably want 75-100 bucks to do them both.

I'll get back to you by this weekend. I'll try to take some pics.

Mark

Thanks bro.....Jamie

OrangeCrush
08-11-2007, 02:27 AM
Jamie,

Dude, I'm so sorry, I got slammed at work today and didn't get a chance to look at the tubes.

Though I don't work on Saturdays, I'll try to sneak in and check them out. (my wife's birthday is tomorrow and my father is coming in from out of town)

But I will try... I'm terribly sorry, I didn't want you to think I blew it off... just got busy.

Mark

twenty2
08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
:confused:

sorry Jamie... I thought I was going with the chrome thing, but decided to black out my truck. I just picked up a black grille for cheap and if I wasn't going this route, I would have done some kind of deal with the steps.

jmsspratlin
08-17-2007, 02:25 AM
sorry Jamie... I thought I was going with the chrome thing, but decided to black out my truck. I just picked up a black grille for cheap and if I wasn't going this route, I would have done some kind of deal with the steps.

No problem, I think I found a guy locally that may trade with some boot on my end. Heck, he has some 24" wheels (chrome) and low profile tires. I'm sure hell want the chrome.:jump: