PDA

View Full Version : New Hummer Owner from South Jersey Intro

RichardS
10-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi Guys and Ladies,
I own an '06 H2 Pacific Blue SUV and my son has an '06 H3 in Victory Red.
I'd be interested in buying goodies for each truck that we don't already have, so I'll check here a lot!
In the meantime, I am really anxious to add a back-up camera system to my H2, which does have the touch screen NAV. Maybe back-up sensors too.
Any advice from the experts?
I've read about everything from $99 kits with a license plate mounted cam with a tiny little screen up front to an interface unit that attaches to the GM Nav unit and you buy whatever cam you want. (I like the color matched one that replaces the 3rd light up top in the rear.)
Anybody have any experience with this stuff? No way I can install it myself, so wondering about suggestions in that regards as well. I'm in south jersey.
Thanks in advance everybody!

PS: I also need the 2009 update Nav DVD for both vehicles....I'd be more than happy to pay a fair price for even a burned copy, if anybody's willing!

Big.Z.hummin
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
sorry cant give you any advice to your questions but......

WELCOME to the forums! :beerchug:

Pure_Justice
10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Hey RichardS,

Welcome to the Forum. Auto Magic on in Delsea Dr (Glassboro) has a wide variety of non factory options for the rear camera and they seem to be pretty good. Anything factory related, I would touch bases with NuCar Hummer down in Wilmington,DE. You may pay more but you will sleep better at night knowing that it was installed right.

As for a 2009 Nav DVD, Ebay or this forum is the way to go to save money on the disc.

Anything Mechanical or maintence wise, to get done on the H2 or H3, without paying dealer costs, I recommend Schoeners in Swedesboro, NJ. Great work and extremely reasonable prices.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Forum again.

Regards,

RichardS
10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Hey RichardS,

Welcome to the Forum. Auto Magic on in Delsea Dr (Glassboro) has a wide variety of non factory options for the rear camera and they seem to be pretty good. Anything factory related, I would touch bases with NuCar Hummer down in Wilmington,DE. You may pay more but you will sleep better at night knowing that it was installed right.

As for a 2009 Nav DVD, Ebay or this forum is the way to go to save money on the disc.

Anything Mechanical or maintence wise, to get done on the H2 or H3, without paying dealer costs, I recommend Schoeners in Swedesboro, NJ. Great work and extremely reasonable prices.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Forum again.

Regards,

Thanks much for the advice!

I want to get a rear view cam and backup sensors installed, and called JC Motorsports in Egg Harbor City, (found it on-line), because the web site looked good and they're closer to me than Vineland.
Talked to a very nice guy there who assured me they do that kind of work all the time and took all my info and promised to call me right back with a price.

Never called me back.

Guess business there is REALLY good!

I never beg anybody to take my money so I'll take your suggestion and call the place in Vineland and see if they're interested in the job. Sorry for the sarcasm but it's mind-boggling that in this economy a place doing ELECTIVE custom work would blow a fairly nice sale by being un-responsive.