PDA

View Full Version : For sale feeler... motor, trans and supercharger

OrangeCrush
12-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Since I'm getting ready to do the duramax conversion, I thought if there would be any interest, I'd make this post.

I'd like to sell it as one unit at first. If I can't, then I'll consider breaking it up.

2006 H2 6.0 litre with magnacharger supercharger.
Rebuilt trans less than 4 weeks old.
Transfer case.

Great setup for other conversions. Engine has 53K miles on it. Uses only mobil 1 synthetic oil every 5K miles.

I'll post prices. I'm thinking in the 4-5K range for everything.

Mark

Marauder
12-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Were you considering splitting the superchrgr from the engine?

I might be interested in the charger depending on price.

OrangeCrush
12-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Were you considering splitting the superchrgr from the engine?

I might be interested in the charger depending on price.

I'd like to sell it as one unit at first. If I can't, then I'll consider breaking it up.

So no, I'm not considering it right now...

Mark

twr
12-06-2009, 01:00 AM
hi Mark, are you buying a new/used Duramax?

OrangeCrush
12-06-2009, 01:04 AM
hi Mark, are you buying a new/used Duramax?

I'm buying a used setup. The engine had 50K miles on it, I'd love to buy a new one but out of my price range right now.

We're in the middle of a remodel, if I hadn't spent the money there, I could have paid for a new setup.

Oh well...

Mark

twr
12-06-2009, 01:14 AM
hi Mark, 50,000 is nothing for a Duramax, it will save you alot by buying a used motor and trans.

OrangeCrush
12-06-2009, 02:21 AM
hi Mark, 50,000 is nothing for a Duramax, it will save you alot by buying a used motor and trans.

Oh yeah, I'll say.... much cheaper than new.

Mark

pteam
12-06-2009, 02:53 AM
There are probably lots of people that want to buy just a supercharger, as the one guy above in this thread. If you consider splitting them let us know the price split up.

OrangeCrush
12-06-2009, 02:57 AM
There are probably lots of people that want to buy just a supercharger, as the one guy above in this thread. If you consider splitting them let us know the price split up.

That's cool... if you're interested, let me know. I don't mind selling the supercharger if I know the engine and trans are gone.

Mark

timgco
12-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Oh yeah, I'll say.... much cheaper than new.

Mark

Out of curiousity, what does this coversion cost on a used setup?

Is MASH doing the conversion for you? Are they offering you any money for your engine, trans, SC?

OrangeCrush
12-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Out of curiousity, what does this coversion cost on a used setup?

Is MASH doing the conversion for you? Are they offering you any money for your engine, trans, SC?

Yes, Mash will be doing the conversion. They are charging 12,500 if I supply everything.

I didn't ask them about buying the used stuff because I figure I won't get anything for it from them... I was going to ask them just so I know.

Mark

timgco
12-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Yes, Mash will be doing the conversion. They are charging 12,500 if I supply everything.

I didn't ask them about buying the used stuff because I figure I won't get anything for it from them... I was going to ask them just so I know.

Mark

So you're still about 20K'ish? ....for a very reliable setup.

I have heard nothing but good things about MASH. When I talked them a couple years back, they were very nice and took the time to explain it all. Seem like good people.

OrangeCrush
12-07-2009, 02:42 AM
So you're still about 20K'ish? ....for a very reliable setup.

I have heard nothing but good things about MASH. When I talked them a couple years back, they were very nice and took the time to explain it all. Seem like good people.

I figure I'll have less than 20K for parts and setup. I figure I'll probably spend another 5K for misc. crap. (ie. shipping, other parts)

Still, 25K for a duramax diesel that gets over 20mpg and will last a couple of hundred thousand miles and pull like a freight train... I'll invest in that.

Like I mentioned, just in gas savings, I'll have it paid for in a few years.

Mark

OrangeCrush
12-22-2009, 04:01 AM
Bump.... sending check out this week for totalled '07 Silverado. Would like to sell engine setup soon.

Mark

Bimmer9938
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Wow Mark, do you ever sleep, talk about keeping up with the Jones...your going, going ...gone!

Do you have any pics of the H2 lifted, I'd love to see it.

OrangeCrush
12-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Wow Mark, do you ever sleep, talk about keeping up with the Jones...your going, going ...gone!

Do you have any pics of the H2 lifted, I'd love to see it.

See what bud? My '06 SUT, the white one?

Wasn't it lifted when you came to my shop?

Mark

Bimmer9938
12-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Hey Mark, last I saw your truck in person, it was with the Truxxx lift. I have been hoping to do a lot more with my truck, but my wallet tends to argue with me about that.

OrangeCrush
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey Mark, last I saw your truck in person, it was with the Truxxx lift. I have been hoping to do a lot more with my truck, but my wallet tends to argue with me about that.

Ahhhh, I understand.

Hell, since then I installed the liftkit, supercharged it and either today or tomorrow, it gets picked up to get sent to California to get the Duramax diesel conversion.

Life will never been the same...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y294/MyBlueC5/H2/IMG_0756.jpg

Mark

twr
12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
hi Mark, is it like being a kid again? waiting :clapping:

Hellz
12-29-2009, 10:48 PM
i might possibly be intereste din the engine and tranny..

i say MIGHT tho. depends on price, and shipping, as i doubt i will be able to go get it, unless your coming to minnesota any time soon.

i have been tossing the idea of doing a rebuild on the engine.. bore it out, swap the heads and what not.

what kind of prices are you looking for if you seperate everything?

i imagine since you have a SC on your rig, that the tranny is not the stock one. can you elaborate on this?

OrangeCrush
12-30-2009, 12:36 AM
hi Mark, is it like being a kid again? waiting :clapping:

Hell ya.... I just paid 3000 to have a allison tranny built and shipped to the conversion company.

The setting on the PPE tuner that I want to use is 160 HP and 240 FTLBS over what the stock engine makes.

The LBZ engine makes 360 HP and 620ftlbs of torque in stock configuration. Using the PPE, that's over 800 ftlbs of torque!!!

Thus the need for a rebuilt trans.

I'm just wondering if I'm being greedy and should settle for the stock setup... Even at 620 ftlbs of torque, that's way more than my H2 makes with a supercharger.

Mark

OrangeCrush
12-30-2009, 01:01 AM
i might possibly be intereste din the engine and tranny..

i say MIGHT tho. depends on price, and shipping, as i doubt i will be able to go get it, unless your coming to minnesota any time soon.

i have been tossing the idea of doing a rebuild on the engine.. bore it out, swap the heads and what not.

what kind of prices are you looking for if you seperate everything?

i imagine since you have a SC on your rig, that the tranny is not the stock one. can you elaborate on this?

See this thread (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=520115#post520115)

Thanks,

Mark