Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   In pursuit of the best WHISKEY...... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31716)

CO Hummer 02-16-2008 02:54 AM

Re: In pursuit of the best WHISKEY......

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up a bonus bottle today. I went to get my haircut and there's a liquor store right next to Cost Cutters. That ended up being a $70 Haircut. :jump: I'm told this is good Lowland single malt. I've yet to try something from the Lowlands.

CO Hummer 02-17-2008 07:40 AM

So tonight is my clean-up night where I'm trying to finish off a bunch of bottles that are low. I started with some Tullamore Dew early this afternoon. Just a little. My wife drank most of it because she hurt her finger and proceeded to pound the rest of my glass to aleviate the pain.

Next, I had a little Jack while working in the garage. This, of course, came out of my garage stock.

Since then, I've been sipping my bottle of JD Single Barrel. I just poured the last glass (don't worry, there is an unopened bottle in the back room).

After this, if I'm still standing, I will break into a bottle of Lafroaig which I've been waiting to try for a while now.

CO Hummer 02-17-2008 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Life is good. I'm relaxing in the garage with a cigar and some fine whisky. I deserve it because I just spent the last 8 hours painting around and filling gaps by the base boards, filling nail holes with putty, and doing general touch up painting.

But now I can say......My new addition/garage are DONE!

CO Hummer 02-19-2008 05:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Monday night's tradition is to buy whisky in Texas. :D Just had some of this tonight. Not bad! At first it seems very simple, but it's really more complex when you pay attention to it. This the best of the northern Highland scotches I've had thus far.

CO Hummer 02-19-2008 05:05 AM

Hahaha! Now that I look at that bottle I can see my evil face in it. Can ya see it? :jump:

BKLYNH2 02-19-2008 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gosh yes! Your pretty scary when you drink. That is quite the hobby you have going there. I have to commend you on the fine effort you've made to familiarize yourself with almost every scotch known to man. I think you need to work on your comments though inorder to produce reports that would be more useful to the community. Maybe you could find a course or read a book on scotch/ whiskey to help you to better explain the flavors you are experiencing. :D

As far as that baseboard work in your garage in your garage. Why ruin a great afternoon of tasting when you can hire some cheap imported labor to handle that for you. I know a guy who has had some experience at it. His work was a little sketch for awhile but I heard he's become quite the baseboard expert these days. :giggling:

CO Hummer 02-19-2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKLYNH2
I think you need to work on your comments though inorder to produce reports that would be more useful to the community.

I'm not here to educate the community. I'm logging my efforts so that I have a thread to show my kids when I'm dying of liver cancer. :jump:

BKLYNH2 02-19-2008 02:52 PM

Ok. Could you try some Japanese whiskey? I'm curious about it. I mean since you want a yellow liver anyway and that. :giggling:

CO Hummer 02-19-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Ok. Could you try some Japanese whiskey? I'm curious about it. I mean since you want a yellow liver anyway and that. :giggling:

Hellooo... McFly......

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...&postcount=152

BKLYNH2 02-19-2008 04:06 PM

Oh, sorry. I guess I haven't been following your boozing diary carefully enough. :orly:

Andy C 02-19-2008 06:54 PM

Well I am back in Florida - I got off the BA flight from Heathrow on Saturday night with the worst toothache that I have ever experienced - it looked as if I had a tennis ball lodged in the left side of my mouth - so a heavy course of antibiotics and vicoden have precluded me from the pursuit since I got back - I spent my birthday yesterday drinking tea.

BKLYNH2 02-19-2008 07:07 PM

I think the whiskey would have worked better!

CO Hummer 02-19-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy C
Well I am back in Florida - I got off the BA flight from Heathrow on Saturday night with the worst toothache that I have ever experienced - it looked as if I had a tennis ball lodged in the left side of my mouth - so a heavy course of antibiotics and vicoden have precluded me from the pursuit since I got back - I spent my birthday yesterday drinking tea.

Since when are you Scottish blokes afraid of mixing whisky with anything?

No wonder Pakistan is taking over supremacy in the whisky arena.

Andy C 02-19-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO Hummer

I am going to hunt you down and make you suffer:fdance:

BKLYNH2 02-19-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Yeah. that was seriously uncalled for. Obviously you have not learned a thing over your months of boozing. You may as well be spending your night with a bottle of malt liquor in the alley behind the super market. I hope the scottsman teaches you some respect. :raar:

You better hide like Ian Laperriere at Joe Louis arena!

CO Hummer 02-19-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Yeah. that was seriously uncalled for. Obviously you have not learned a thing over your months of boozing. You may as well be spending your night with a bottle of malt liquor in the alley behind the super market. I hope the scottsman teaches you some respect. :raar:

If it's any consolation.....I do wear a skirt when I'm sipping my Pakistani 18 yr old single malt.

BKLYNH2 02-20-2008 05:59 AM

Blasphemer!:raar:

CO Hummer 02-20-2008 06:05 AM

Tonight I had some Aberlour, then on to some Glenmorangie.

Here is are my tasting notes for BRKLYH2:

Aberlour:
-Nose: Good
-Tasting Notes: Good

Glenmorangie:
-Nose: Better
-Tasting Notes: Better

DennisAJC 02-20-2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Glenmorangie:
-Nose: Better
-Tasting Notes: Better

We must be twins. I'm nursing my second glass.:D

CO Hummer 02-20-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisAJC
We must be twins. I'm nursing my second glass.:D

Let's have a chugging contest. :jump: