Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   UPDATE! TWO day Mojave Road Run! CA/NV/AZ - ALL are invited! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14006)

rodster 01-24-2006 05:25 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
HEY!!!!

Am I the only three????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. Two from Vegas are H3s.

HummBebe 01-24-2006 05:31 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
HEY!!!!

Nope. Two from Vegas are H3s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PHEW!!!!!!!!!

ok, i'm happy now

rodster 01-24-2006 05:32 PM

Re: Da List.

The 15 target number assumed we will have cancels, family emergencies, broken trucks, etc. Since any or all of those are probable, we should net between 10 and 12 trucks. That's a very nice number for a trail like this.

As others suggested, we should get absolute confirmation from those on the list. Once we have 15 solid, start a waitlist. If a spot opens up, the first person on the list is offered the option to upgrade (no obligation to take the offer) to the confirmed list.

JnStitz 01-24-2006 05:48 PM

Sean- As of right now Allen and Evan will not be going, I'll let you know if that changes though.

rodster 01-24-2006 05:56 PM

Some things to consider ...

Trail conditions dictate how long the train is. For example, if parts of the trail are fine sand and there is little cross wind, to keep yourself out of the dust cloud of the truck in front of you (a very good idea) we all need to drive very slowly (boring) or we all need to hang back a quarter mile or more from the next truck.

Under those conditions, a 12 truck train is now 3 miles long. We want (need, really) radio communications between the lead and rear vehicles. Will we have it? Dunno. Depends on conditions.

If we encounter an obstacle that requires spotting, more is not merrier.

There will likely be scenic spots along the way where we'll want to stop. Is there adequate room for parking or if it's a dead-end or hill climb, enough room for all trucks to park and enough room for U-turns?

In a long train the lead vehicles get to see critters. "Hey, a pack of wild hyenas at 11 o'clock!" is good news for the front. It's a bummer in the back because the critters will surely be gone.

I'm not being negative, just practical. An army of Hummers is fun to think about but not necessarily fun on the trail.

TootsSUT 01-24-2006 06:06 PM

Yeah, what he said!!

Bondage 01-24-2006 06:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Some things to consider ...

Trail conditions dictate how long the train is. For example, if parts of the trail are fine sand and there is little cross wind, to keep yourself out of the dust cloud of the truck in front of you (a very good idea) we all need to drive very slowly (boring) or we all need to hang back a quarter mile or more from the next truck.

Under those conditions, a 12 truck train is now 3 miles long. We want (need, really) radio communications between the lead and rear vehicles. Will we have it? Dunno. Depends on conditions.

If we encounter an obstacle that requires spotting, more is not merrier.

There will likely be scenic spots along the way where we'll want to stop. Is there adequate room for parking or if it's a dead-end or hill climb, enough room for all trucks to park and enough room for U-turns?

In a long train the lead vehicles get to see critters. "Hey, a pack of wild hyenas at 11 o'clock!" is good news for the front. It's a bummer in the back because the critters will surely be gone.

I'm not being negative, just practical. An army of Hummers is fun to think about but not necessarily fun on the trail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dammit Rodster. I'm going to disagree with you, here. Totally and completely disagree. You are wrong. Absolutely wrong. Every thing you wrote was in error. Your facts are incorrect and your opinions are blatantly screwed up. You may well be condemned to hell for expressing them. Eat shiite and die.

Okay. I just didn't wanna totally agree with you AGAIN today. But really I do. I second Toots. "What he said."

Sean
ps - This THREAD is 10 pages long and it's a pain in the arse. Imagine an even longer train of Hummers. Cool photo op? Yep. Practical and fun? Maybe not so.

Bondage 01-24-2006 06:13 PM

HEY!!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!!

ok, i'm happy now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A happy Bebe makes us ALL happy.

Sean

Racer-X 01-24-2006 06:14 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But really I do. I second Toots. "What he said." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

Bondage 01-24-2006 06:19 PM

What a bunch of windbag exhibitionists we are. I just checked and this is the longest thread (and the fifth most viewed thread) in the history of this section of the forum.
ROFLMFAO - and we're still three weeks away from the run!
Sean

rodster 01-24-2006 06:24 PM

Whew! I thought for sure someone would suggest I'm *n*l about these things.

rodster 01-24-2006 06:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
... this is the longest thread (and the fifth most viewed thread) in the history of this section of the forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kiss that record good bye!

Bondage 01-24-2006 06:33 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
... this is the longest thread (and the fifth most viewed thread) in the history of this section of the forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kiss that record good bye! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmmmmwwwwWAAAHHHHHHH! Bu-bye.

Sean

rodster 01-24-2006 06:41 PM

Would you care to disagree with my post above about list management?

TootsSUT 01-24-2006 06:42 PM

Face it!! You all are just blabber mouths!!

HummBebe 01-24-2006 06:45 PM

HEY!!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!!

ok, i'm happy now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A happy Bebe makes us ALL happy.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damm Skippy....and THANKS!!!!

I can't WAIT!!!!

shhrtbs 01-24-2006 06:56 PM

quahogs?

Bondage 01-24-2006 07:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shhrtbs:
quahogs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.
No.
Maybe.
I dunno.
Huh?

Sean

rodster 01-24-2006 07:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shhrtbs:

What's in chowder?

Bondage 01-24-2006 07:06 PM

What's in chowder? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OHHHHHHHHHHHH! QUAHOGS! Now I get it. Huh?
ROFLMFAO
Sean
http://www.quahog.com/