Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rear Brake/Axle Groan... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21215)

MarK M 03-12-2007 08:40 AM

Re: Rear Brake/Axle Groan...

wow, heard this exact noise you all mention this weekend. i slammed on my brakes because some prick cutting me off and I heard the noise.

was going to take my H3 in to have them look at it, but thought i'd search and see if its a common issue on the boards. seems that a lot of you guys get this noise. is it really normal? i'm afraid of taking my H3 in and they tell me the same thing, in that its normal.

i dont recall my H3 doing this before and i've slammed on the brakes a few times before. do most of you just live with it?

RubHer Yellow Ducky 03-12-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarK M
wow, heard this exact noise you all mention this weekend. i slammed on my brakes because some prick cutting me off and I heard the noise.

was going to take my H3 in to have them look at it, but thought i'd search and see if its a common issue on the boards. seems that a lot of you guys get this noise. is it really normal? i'm afraid of taking my H3 in and they tell me the same thing, in that its normal.

i dont recall my H3 doing this before and i've slammed on the brakes a few times before. do most of you just live with it?

NO ! It is not normal. The lit talks about colour, mpg, torque, load, accessories, etc, NOTHING ABOUT BRAKE SQUEAL

Hmmm2 03-14-2007 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarK M

was going to take my H3 in to have them look at it, but thought I:D 'd search and see if its a common issue on the boards. seems that a lot of you guys get this noise. is it really normal? i'm afraid of taking my H3 in and they tell me the same thing, in that its normal.

No, it's not normal. One of us had a problem with the tranasfer case (f5fstop) and a few of us with the brake pads. Fourfourto and I had the rear pads chamfered and it took care of the problem. Good luck! Let us know what happens. :D

fourfourto 03-14-2007 03:39 AM

Mark make sure they put disk brake lube on the shims also.
Hmmm Im still quiet :clapping:
4000 miles+
:shhh:
The dealer did use disk brake quiet spray and you could see were it was rubbing or vibrating,hopefully the lube last longer.
I think at the next tire rotation I will relube even if noise doesn't come back by then..

MarK M 03-14-2007 06:13 AM

cool, thanks guys!

I'll take the H3 in to have them look at it.

Hmmm2 03-14-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto
Mark make sure they put disk brake lube on the shims also.
Hmmm Im still quiet :clapping:
4000 miles+
:shhh:
The dealer did use disk brake quiet spray and you could see were it was rubbing or vibrating,hopefully the lube last longer.
I think at the next tire rotation I will relube even if noise doesn't come back by then..

Sounds good to me! :clapping: I've been quiet, too! :shhh: