Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Off-Roading Vehicles (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I BET THEY WISH THEY HAD AN H2! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7201)

Kevin B 05-18-2004 03:18 PM

Rhino, I call Bull Crap! I also have a Polaris Ranger and with the drive system they come with there is NO WAY it would hang with even a small percentage of the trucks pictured here.

Either post some of your "hard core" and "extreme" pictures or join the no credibility crowd.

What a lame compairson

Pinhead 06-10-2005 07:43 AM

May need a winch to get thru that mud.

SuperPoser 10-30-2005 12:28 AM

Humgirl&guy,

wow, this is an old thread...lol
haven't been here in a long wile...

anyways, you don't need power to wheel... just the ability...

I woudn't knock yota's, ya never know when ya need one to pull you out ;o) ;o)

later

Mike

31_bandits 06-02-2006 07:26 AM

Re: I BET THEY WISH THEY HAD AN H2!

i didn't make it to the end of this thread.

but i'm consistently struck by how little rational criticism of the H2 one finds here and there in cyber-space. It doesn't degenerate into thoughtless flaming, it jsut begins that way.

Nobody can be "well many modified vehicles can have superior clearance and articulation over rocks"

always "POS, mudda****as! tahoe! bleed! a-monkeys!" and other equally eloquent, factual, and well thought out comments.

usetosellhummer 06-07-2006 08:30 PM

Don't be a hater, HUMMER is it

Scouts Out 07-03-2006 04:38 PM

How did I miss this pissing battle? Lets start with the dude from the Army Transportation Corp (they really are the army truck drivers). As with rental cars, all military vehicles get abuse by the nature of the business, and if properly maintained they are great. My Battalion (yes MY battalion) has spent an entire rotation, 14 months in Iraq, and never had an issue with our HUMMERs because we had unit pride and a proactive maintenance plan. We owe many lives to our HUMMERS. They were never designed to haul 7 tons of armor around and did wear springs out. The Generals and Colonels did drive civilian vehicles around the FOB but never left the FOB in them. In Bosnia the VIPs drove the civilian vehicles for comfort. HUMMERs ride suck as far as comfort and are hotter than crap for long rides. Long rides .. as in from Kuwait to Tirkrit.... with out a single break down, in the Iraq summer...

I noticed all the Jeeps (and I do like and own and have owned Jeeps for a long time) are heavily modified as are Toys. I would guess the HUMMER guys, if they spent 50% of their vehicles worth on mods could make it even more capable. But Stock, there is no comparision except the Rubicon. Toys do have us on quality, but it comes down to what one likes and is willing to spend.

I wheel with all brands and we all have out strengths and weakness and we rib each other constantly but have fun and help each other all the time. With the people out there trying to limit off roading and wheeliing, we should work together to promote good wheeling

31_bandits 07-04-2006 09:39 AM

As long as H2s keep rolling off the AMG line, i don't think the Toys will have us for quality for long. H2 is 3rd in the most recent JD Powers initial quality ranking.

Interesting post, Scouts.