Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Brand new with a dented roof (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30171)

MrInfoSys 10-06-2007 04:25 AM

Re: Brand new with a dented roof

Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisAJC
Pics or ban.

Haven't had a chance to take pics yet. When I leave there is dew on the cars and when I get back it's getting dark. Tomorrow is saturday but I leave early...hopefully I'll have them by the afternoon....ban...geesh!

MrInfoSys 10-06-2007 09:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures of the dent....

Dave92270 10-07-2007 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrInfoSys
Here are the pictures of the dent....

really weird bump... hard to believe that dealer ignores that; this is expensive vehicle and they shoud definitely care

Big Dad 10-07-2007 04:23 AM

Dude, looks like a dent.

I'd tell that general manager that you want them to have it repaired, you know, like at dent wizard. I'd also remind them that you'll feel pretty screwed if they don't make it right. I seriously doubt that a couple of hundred dollars out of their pocket is worth not having you as a future customer.

Our Excursion had a leaking/chaffed coolant line that was going to cost 1200 bucks. It wasn't covered under the so-called bumper-to-bumper warranty. The general manager handed me the phone and after 1 call to Ford customer service reminding them that they installed the coolant lines and I wasn't happy. Well, Ford bellied up to the bar and paid it in order to keep me as a future customer.

Anyways, that's just my opinion. Don't let them screw you...you work hard for your money. Bad PR is bad for business and every business major knows it.

If the gen/man tries the "whole fleet has the same problem" garbage aks him if it's ok for you to go out and count all of the H3's with basketball dents on their roofs. Don't forget that your time is worth something also. Back and forth to the dealer. I'd remind them that I was starting to feel really Pi$$ed off as a customer.

I honestly think they'll make it right for you...if you insist that they do.

Gunner_45 10-07-2007 05:15 AM

Holy Crap ! ! !

I've never seen one that bad before.....That looks like an honest to God dent..... Not some weenie ass warpage like I'm talking about...

3Hummer 10-07-2007 05:28 AM

guys that isnt a dent thats a tactical basketball holder. You know in case your going cross the Rubicon and happen to find some basketball nets and happen to feel like playing basketball. Hahah!!!!!!!! Seriosuly if the dealer says they make it worse if they try to fix it i'd demand some kinda cash back for that. And i know in Florida you can, but cant you legally return the vehicle within a certain amount of days for all your money back.

jmsspratlin 10-07-2007 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer
guys that isnt a dent thats a tactical basketball holder. You know in case your going cross the Rubicon and happen to find some basketball nets and happen to feel like playing basketball. Hahah!!!!!!!! Seriosuly if the dealer says they make it worse if they try to fix it i'd demand some kinda cash back for that. And i know in Florida you can, but cant you legally return the vehicle within a certain amount of days for all your money back.

That's what I was thinking. Should be able to get some kind of cash back or new vehicle out of it.

Hummer Guy 10-08-2007 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner_45

That's why I was glad the guys at the dealership saw it.

They were the first one's to call bull**** on me...right Hummer Guy?

We're just so used to it w/ you...:giggling: ;)

I've seen the weird issue on the roof before, and it's relatively minor - most complaints actually come from the 'factory dented doors' (just do a search)...

The dent Gunner is talking about is hard to see even if you're looking for it, but in certain light and w/ certain colors is more obvious.

Those pics look BAD though - I'm not sure how a dealer could say that 95% of vehicles come like that - is there another dealer in your area? Although, the other dealer will say it's just damage, not from the factory, and not under warranty. How long did you have it before you noticed?

tower 10-08-2007 08:06 AM

That's bullsh!t! Tell them that you will sue them if they don't make it right. That looks like the service manager sat his fat ass on top of your truck. Ask for a phone number for the GM Zone Manager and send him your pix. Don't back down 'cause those motherfukkers will try to wear you down, it's cheaper for them.

Big Dad 10-08-2007 08:37 AM

I honestly think if you take your vehicle down to the dealer and show the HMFIC what the problem is exactly...and remind them them that they need to make things right...they'll will!

MrInfoSys 10-08-2007 12:51 PM

What's the HMFIC?

MrInfoSys 10-08-2007 12:52 PM

I picked it up on a friday afternoon and noticed the dent on Saturday AM. I called my sales person immediatly and was told about the whole 'warpage' thing.

MrInfoSys 10-08-2007 12:53 PM

The most annoying thing is that GM/Hummer customer support is backing the dealership just on their word that it's a common 'warp' from the factory. I wish I had an email address to attach those pictures...i'm sure that would change their minds!

Lex_Ordo 10-08-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunner_45
I don?t think I would really classify these things as dents, it?s
more like a distortion or warpage of the panels.

Same for the door things I mentioned earlier..

At any rate??

They are located above and behind the driver side / rear passengers head,
flowing inwards towards the center of the vehicle.

It will be a shallow indentation about the size of a paper plate,
with no sharp edges or creases. On my 2 black H3's it's been pretty easy to spot,
Not sure about the lighter colors. Look from the front towards the rear
at an angle. If it's there, you will see it regardless of which step you are
standing on (DS vs. PS).

I noticed it on my '06, immediately, as well as the door creases. I looked very closely at both issues, and found that they were not dented, but the way the metal was pressed out during manufacture.

I see your red H3, and it does look like a dent, but looking at my H3, out of my upstairs window, I see the same thing in the same place. I know it isn't dented, but from a certain view at a certain angle, it looks terrible.

I never thought much about these issues, until I read this thread, so figured I'd chime in and let you know you're not alone.

DURAMAX TIM 10-08-2007 02:08 PM

Quote:

What's the HMFIC?

head mother f***** in charge :OWNED:

Big Dad 10-08-2007 03:53 PM

What he said!

tower 10-08-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

What's the HMFIC?

A term so non-specific as to be of no real help. Get contact info for the GM Zone Manager from the dealer. That is whom you need!

Big Dad 10-09-2007 01:12 AM

Non specific...no real help...I like that! Either way, let us know if you gave the general manager a chance to solve the problem or if you went over his head. I'm really interested in the dynamics behind getting your $hit fixed.

3Hummer 10-09-2007 02:35 AM

Are you sure the owner of the prius thats parked next to you didnt do it? :giggling:

Big Dad 10-09-2007 03:25 AM

My theory is that "Basketball Jones" bought a FJ...a few months ago...then one day he reads the Hummer forum...he heads down to his local Baltimore dealer and sees exactly what Hummer has to offer...you know, all the things he's been missing out on...and in disgust...sees red aka your Hummer, and head-butts your dream machine!

:mad: