Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   magnum ammo suggestions please, thx (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36759)

Dave92270 02-19-2009 07:33 PM

Re: magnum ammo suggestions please, thx

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Based on old laws done away with not to long ago Ken I was going to have register as an armoury due to the amount of rounds I have stored in my home.

As mentioned I have many weapons to deal with threats from many different distances plus larger amounts of ammo per caliber/type depending on how close the threat is or could get.

TAZ

it won't hurt anything to stock up a bit..

we don't have weapons around but I'm working on it to improve. Actually I looked seriously into buying a Glock 21, dealer has a brand new one there but I wanted something more managable for the starter. 100% reliabilty was the reason I grabbed S&W over the Glock

TXSUT 02-19-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave92270
100% reliabilty was the reason I grabbed S&W over the Glock

Did you get my PM?

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 02-20-2009 06:52 AM

Have had my Glock 23 for longer than I can remember. I think since it came out. Has been carried concealed every day including rain mud on the farm. I mean my 1200 acre rice farm jungle type humidity etc. It has no telling how many rounds of practice shots and just taken to concealment shooting test and retrain every 4 years with no prep and fired pefect 100 score target's which consist of 50 rounds total. This pistol has at all time had the first internal laser I bought installed after the gun was bought and it has never failed to hit center mass at 25 yards and under as well as head shots at 10 yards or less. All this OK partner You got the shot at 10 yards or more is BS. If I had someone who shot as much as me then I would tell them to shoot knowing they would do it knowing when I said it I knew I was going to die by one of their hands.

Point is I do not understand why Glock does not seem to have the dependability factor with it. It was built to be tossed in the mud or sand and pick it up kill someone or something.

My opinion only is Glock should have been our military choice for sidearm. The lower weight of the pistol would have allowed for a significant increase of ammo carried just as the light weight of M-16 did and is one of many reasons it has been our nations military rifle for a long time. Yes I have heard of stories of Glock going off if dropped so do not go there. It landed in positions that purposely caused gun to go off.

Everyone has their ideas and rumors they heard. I know my Glock has proved itself over and over in conditions most will and never will put their pistol through consistantly. Smith is a very good weapon as is Browning, Barreta, and so on.

I just know I never feel hesitant about recommending a Glock.

TAZ

Dave92270 02-20-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXSUT
Did you get my PM?

now I did. thanks TXSUT

Dave92270 02-28-2009 11:11 PM

picked her up last week, love the gun... plus federal 357 hydra-shok jhp's ;)

Andy C 03-04-2009 06:06 PM

If its stocking up your after - check out www.cheaperthandirt.com - I use them all the time - never had a delivery delay and they are reasonably cheap.

Dave92270 03-05-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy C
If its stocking up your after - check out www.cheaperthandirt.com - I use them all the time - never had a delivery delay and they are reasonably cheap.

I saw that website..so they're reliable? great to know, thanks. I ordered another 100 rounds from Cabelas earlier this week, Winchester fmj in .38 Special (for practice, thye're much cheaper then .357 hydra shoks), 38 ammo is impossible to find locally anymore, all sold out at Walmart, Big-5 etc.. I'm stocking up slowly but I do; btw on 14th my 30-day wait period is over and so I can go out and buy another gun; thinking about a semi-auto pistol this time. so I have a choice. I guess larger caliber, maybe a .45 Glock or something like that. Or, a shotgun..undecided. Dealer has got nice Benneli's in stock, I'll see how it goes. Or Remington 870.

mikejr 03-08-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Have had my Glock 23 for longer than I can remember. I think since it came out. Has been carried concealed every day including rain mud on the farm. I mean my 1200 acre rice farm jungle type humidity etc. It has no telling how many rounds of practice shots and just taken to concealment shooting test and retrain every 4 years with no prep and fired pefect 100 score target's which consist of 50 rounds total. This pistol has at all time had the first internal laser I bought installed after the gun was bought and it has never failed to hit center mass at 25 yards and under as well as head shots at 10 yards or less. All this OK partner You got the shot at 10 yards or more is BS. If I had someone who shot as much as me then I would tell them to shoot knowing they would do it knowing when I said it I knew I was going to die by one of their hands.

Point is I do not understand why Glock does not seem to have the dependability factor with it. It was built to be tossed in the mud or sand and pick it up kill someone or something.

My opinion only is Glock should have been our military choice for sidearm. The lower weight of the pistol would have allowed for a significant increase of ammo carried just as the light weight of M-16 did and is one of many reasons it has been our nations military rifle for a long time. Yes I have heard of stories of Glock going off if dropped so do not go there. It landed in positions that purposely caused gun to go off.

Everyone has their ideas and rumors they heard. I know my Glock has proved itself over and over in conditions most will and never will put their pistol through consistantly. Smith is a very good weapon as is Browning, Barreta, and so on.

I just know I never feel hesitant about recommending a Glock.

TAZ

Taz - I concur. My daily carry is a G17 with Trijicon night sights and a crimson trace laser. My wife carries a G26 and the night stand gun is a G17. I would never hesitate recommending a glock to anyone.