Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   It was hell yesterday (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27272)

RubHer Yellow Ducky 05-29-2007 01:05 PM

Re: It was hell yesterday

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Was that that beautiful Black, grey & white GD?

Yes, HE was like a Son, A Brother & A FRIEND all in one...:crying:

HummerHippy 05-29-2007 01:32 PM

Sorry to hear that! :( I hope he a good long life. Although painful, I bet he was happy to have you there at the final moment. Comfort.

Steve - SanJose 05-29-2007 05:02 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss. At least he had a long good life.

Ground hawg 05-29-2007 06:02 PM

Realy sorry to here that, i'm getting ready to do the same with my 13 year old Newf. Problem is i keep putting it off hoping things will get better.

KenP 05-29-2007 06:30 PM

I feel for you all having to put down a companion. It's sad.

Let me try to brighten things with regards to dogs. Stupid Pea-Pie was sitting under the recliner yesterday when I got up. I felt a little bump when I closed the chair, but didn't consider it.

I went outside, messed around for a few, then went back in. "Honey, is the dog in there with you?" "No." CRAP!!!

She came out of there with her tail tucked and ears down not happy for hours.:giggling:

The day we put her down is going to be a sad one for sure.

usetosellhummer 05-29-2007 07:00 PM

It is like saying goodbye to any family member in my opnion. I am very sorry for both of you.
Meagan was 16 last year when we said goodbye. She knew all her toys by name, walked without a leash by my side. Knew so many tricks I sent a tape to Letterman for stupid triicks, she would fetch you toilet paper from the cabinet. I took it so hard not having children that I went and got a puppy within a week. I don't recomend that but it worked out. Here are my new friends and I got little misty reading about your dogs. good luck and yes dogs go to heaven.
Attachment 40293

Attachment 40294

RubHer Yellow Ducky 05-29-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bparker
Yesterday I had to put my best friend of 14 yrs to sleep. He was old and had a condition that made him retain water. At the end he was so swollen and full of water that his weight had doubled.

I made him a bed in the back of the H3, loaded him up as he could barely get around and certianly couldnt jump into the Hummer any more and slowly drove to the hospital.

I went in and explained to them that he couldnt move much and it was too hard on him to carry him in so they came out to the parking lot.

I jumped in the back and put his head on my shoulder as they put the neddle in his arm and within 3 secs he collapsed all of his weight on me as I hugged him for about 5 mins till I was sure he was gone.

We took him out to my parents property and dug him a nice spot under a huge tree with the front end loader and put him to rest.

I will miss him,

R.I.P. Bud :(

Attachment 40243

How are you doing today ? I know its not easy, i still:crying: , only consolution is i know he had a good life and was LOVED...

take care...........

Desert Dan 05-29-2007 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hang in There!

My thoughts are with you. You are not grieving alone.
Think of all the good times you had with your dog.

I recently had to say goodbye to my dog Sydney (the best co-pilot and camping dog I ever had).

I am finally able to look at pictures etc. I'll get another dog someday and I am checking out humane society and rescue websites that have pictures of dogs available

usetosellhummer 05-29-2007 07:25 PM

wanna see a grown man cry ask him about his ol' dog.

Field Scout 05-29-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
wanna see a grown man cry ask him about his ol' dog.

:iagree: I had a dream I had to put my dog down last week and it tore me up:crying: , sorry for your loss:grouphug:

bparker 05-30-2007 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Its getting better but its still hard as I keep wanting to call his name to take him out. I keep thinking I need to get 2 milk bones where as I only need 1 now. He loved them.

Its better but not the same.

Here is Tara she is 7 and doing great.

Attachment 40336

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
How are you doing today ? I know its not easy, i still:crying: , only consolution is i know he had a good life and was LOVED...

take care...........

DennisAJC 05-30-2007 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can have mine. It's of the Giantus Freakus Messicanrattius breed.:D

RubHer Yellow Ducky 05-30-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisAJC
You can have mine. It's of the Giantus Freakus Messicanrattius breed.:D

LOL it looks possessed !

Hmmm2 05-31-2007 09:13 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about the your losses, b and RYD. Both looked like great buddies. :crying: Pets ARE like family .. sometimes even act better than family. I feel your pain.