Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   How many miles does everyone have. (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25534)

Groundpounder 03-19-2007 01:42 AM

Re: How many miles does everyone have.

Nine Months and 20,000+. I do 64 miles per day. Still going strong and no problems, yet.
:excited:

Jeff G 03-19-2007 02:09 AM

15,800 after 13 months. Will keep it until summer of 2008 when I will either purchase a new one with a V-8 (if it happens) or purchase a new H2 SUT which is what I really went after when my wife talked me into the H3.:beerchug:

K9sH3 03-19-2007 02:40 AM

[quote=RubHer Yellow Ducky]

She drives 6 days a week to the GOODWILL STORE to get her bargin STUFF, goes food shopping about 4 times a week (Publix, Winn Dixie, Super WalMart) goes to lunch 5 times a week with friends

AND

STOPS to feed and water ALL the stray dogs & cats she sees by the side of the road.
QUOTE]

God Bless her, Tell her thanks for taking care of the strays. We do the same, catch them have them fixed and get the shots and then let them go back. I use a regular Vet and not a snip and cash one. I have even done this with a few Raccoons at the park. We are trapping one this week to have cataracts removed.

dеiтайожни 03-19-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9sH3
We do the same, catch them have them fixed and get the shots and then let them go back. I use a regular Vet and not a snip and cash one. I have even done this with a few Raccoons at the park. We are trapping one this week to have cataracts removed.

Eeek! You capture stray dogs and have them fixed?! THEN put them back on the streets? That doesn't sound right, aren't you supposed to take them to the humane society? Where are you guys finding all these stray dogs anyways? I have yet to see a stray dog in the United States.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 03-19-2007 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
Eeek! You capture stray dogs and have them fixed?! THEN put them back on the streets? That doesn't sound right, aren't you supposed to take them to the humane society? Where are you guys finding all these stray dogs anyways? I have yet to see a stray dog in the United States.

LOL, if not a joke then you have led a sheltered life. K9 might be pushing the envelope (a little) by doing eye jobs on racoons but we need to have social responsibilities or the whole world will go to hell...

dеiтайожни 03-19-2007 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky

LOL, if note a joke then you have led a sheltered life. K9 might be pushing the envelope (a little) by doing eye jobs on racoons but we need to have social responsibilities or the whole world will go to hell...

Must have been sheltered because I haven't seen a stray dog. But I know someone who found a stray dog and took it in, so maybe not that sheltered after all! I didn't see that dog though, so who knows.

Wouldn't the responsible thing to do for a stray dog be... call animal control? Take it to the humane society? Adopt it? Not just feed/water them and keep them on the streets to eventually die a painful death or until they attack someone and get put to sleep?

RubHer Yellow Ducky 03-19-2007 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
Must have been sheltered because I haven't seen a stray dog. But I know someone who found a stray dog and took it in, so maybe not that sheltered after all! I didn't see that dog though, so who knows.

Wouldn't the responsible thing to do for a stray dog be... call animal control? Take it to the humane society? Adopt it? Not just feed/water them and keep them on the streets to eventually die a painful death or until they attack someone and get put to sleep?

I understand what you are saying

BUT

she has no facilities at her home to shelter the animals plus animal control etc take days to come out and retrive them

PLUS

she has 2 Great Danes at home (1 attact trained) who are VERY PROTECTIVE of her...

K9sH3 03-19-2007 03:53 AM

HAHAHAHA, ok you two. I will clarify this some, cats we fix and put back at the park, Dogs I keep for myself. Both my dogs I have gotten as strays, the one has passed away 1 year ago this week and the other is still running the roost. As for the Raccoons, I have 2 at the park that we keep healthy. Yes both are wild and will only come to me.
As for being attacted traind, the only thing my dog will attack is a treat...

:beerchug:

dеiтайожни 03-19-2007 04:09 AM

Doesn't matter what you say now... I will never pretend to be a stray dog in your neighborhood ever again. I'm too young to be captured, neutered and put back.. I'd never recover.

H3PAC 03-19-2007 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9sH3
God Bless her, Tell her thanks for taking care of the strays. We do the same, catch them have them fixed and get the shots and then let them go back. I use a regular Vet and not a snip and cash one.

We should send you downtown to do the same with the homeless humans. :giggling:

Oh, now I remember. My mileage? Delivered Aug 06 and 9200 miles.

K9sH3 03-19-2007 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3PAC

Oh, now I remember. My mileage? Delivered Aug 06 and 9200 miles.

:jump:

:beerchug:

RubHer Yellow Ducky 03-19-2007 12:58 PM

How many miles on a set of balls

HummerHippy 03-19-2007 01:42 PM

Purchased Aug 06. 13500 Miles (in 8 months). It loves snow!!!

jman_in_minnesota 03-19-2007 05:46 PM

4500 since Sept 06, driving in snow is fun indeed!

Desert Dan 03-19-2007 06:28 PM

Delivery date March 3, 2006

9900 miles so far with lots of off roading and trips.

It has been a great truck except for the head issue.
Still a solid rig with no rattles or squeeks and still fun to drive!

It went into the shop this morning for head replacement.

PackerFever 03-19-2007 08:24 PM

Picked it up October 05 with 88 miles on it.

Currently has 39,000 +/-

Oil changes and basic maintenance plus a couple recall issues with the side rails and rear window wiper.

I want a yellow V8...but it sounds like it is not going to ba available. :crying:

RubHer Yellow Ducky 03-19-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerFever
Picked it up October 05 with 88 miles on it.

Currently has 39,000 +/-

Oil changes and basic maintenance plus a couple recall issues with the side rails and rear window wiper.

I want a yellow V8...but it sounds like it is not going to ba available. :crying:

how bout a Yellow V-10 ? we can drop in an extra I-5

PackerFever 03-20-2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
how bout a Yellow V-10 ? we can drop in an extra I-5

That might take away from my cargo storage.....good thinkg I have a cargo box on top....lets give it a shot.

I don't like that they are dropping the yellow....

H3.007 03-20-2007 06:49 PM

9500 miles here / purchased Late 4/06. No serious issues (knock on wood). :excited:

mountainbiker 03-20-2007 11:13 PM

2006 H3: 6 months = 1,920 mi