Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   UPDATE! TWO day Mojave Road Run! CA/NV/AZ - ALL are invited! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14006)

HummBebe 01-20-2006 07:01 PM

Can I go , Can I go????

rodster 01-20-2006 07:53 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
Can I go , Can I go???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you here yet? Come on down!

TootsSUT 01-20-2006 08:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
Can I go , Can I go???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you here yet? Come on down! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Shouldn't that be "Aren't you here yet? We're waiting for you?"

rodster 01-20-2006 08:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tootsie:

LOL! Shouldn't that be "Aren't you here yet? We're waiting for you?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^^ What tootsie said, please ^^^

HummBebe 01-20-2006 08:20 PM

OK

Bondage 01-20-2006 11:37 PM

Yippeeee! Another victim, er, driver!!! OUTSTANDING! I can't wait to see the Rhino! Did you make reservations in Needles yet? Do they still have rooms?

Look forward to meeting you!

Sean

Racer-X 01-21-2006 12:38 AM

Hummbebe, you are remembering thats the same dates as the NCHG snow run right? I was a little torn between the two but this one being a two day with camping and FIRE involved....well, no brainer!

Let me know if you want to caravan down. I plan to leave fri early-mid afternoon.

Your H3 right? I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. I plan to buy the wife one when the H2 is paid for.

TootsSUT 01-21-2006 02:41 AM

Don't flake out now, ya hear!! I'm all the set up to steal the DVD player and watch chick flix witch ya!!!

Bondage 01-21-2006 02:59 AM

Oh no....chik flix????? The last time I drove Mojave, I was alone and spent three nights out there. Two John Wayne movies and one Clint Eastwood.

Sean

rodster 01-21-2006 06:51 AM

Maybe you answered this and I missed it, Sean ...

How many trucks can travel on one permit? Any limit?

Don't know how you feel about it but the-more-the-merrier does have limits. Once we get up over a dozen it's a whole different ball game -- the train gets way long and the odds of a breakdown go way up. Cap at 15?

HummerLV 01-21-2006 04:14 PM

i am clearing my calander as we speak, er type.
we'll take a super delux cabin at the hotel needles

rodster 01-21-2006 05:12 PM

"Super delux" and "needles" should not appear in the same sentence.

It'll be good to see you and the wife again. You bringing the H2 or the H3?

rodster 01-21-2006 05:41 PM

Anybody from the CA group a ham with mobile capabilities?

Bondage 01-22-2006 03:19 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Maybe you answered this and I missed it, Sean ...

How many trucks can travel on one permit? Any limit?

Don't know how you feel about it but the-more-the-merrier does have limits. Once we get up over a dozen it's a whole different ball game -- the train gets way long and the odds of a breakdown go way up. Cap at 15? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cap at 15 sounds good. (I CAN'T BELIEVE WE MIGHT GET THAT MANY - THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!)

Here's who I have at this time:
YOU
ME
JNSTITZ
JEFFB
JEFFB's neighbor?
RACERX
HUMMBEBE
ORBITALH2
HUMMERLV
TC
TOOTSIE

TO ANYONE LISTED ABOVE....if you are a definite go, please post a confirmation. If you are NOT coming, please let us know. If you are not sure, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Rodster - please update the above list whith your confirmeds? Is confirmeds a word?

Sean

HummBebe 01-22-2006 03:20 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Racer-X:
Hummbebe, you are remembering thats the same dates as the NCHG snow run right? I was a little torn between the two but this one being a two day with camping and FIRE involved....well, no brainer!

Let me know if you want to caravan down. I plan to leave fri early-mid afternoon.

Your H3 right? I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. I plan to buy the wife one when the H2 is paid for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can definitely caravan down!

PS I hope your wife likes to wheel! No mall crawler H3's please

Check out the pics from today's wheeling trip. We will post more tomorrow!

Bondage 01-22-2006 03:21 AM

[quote]Originally posted by rodster:
"Super delux" and "needles" should not appear in the same sentence. QUOTE]

Unless you are a wealthy heroin addict.

Sean

rodster 01-22-2006 05:23 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

Cap at 15 sounds good. (I CAN'T BELIEVE WE MIGHT GET THAT MANY - THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could easily exceed that at the rate we're going.

I see a few on your list that were on my list, too, (like me, for example) but we can add at least three more at this time. They're not forum regulars. I still have a bunch of fence sitters, a few of which will likely come.

If we cap at 15, we'll probably end up with 10-12. Trucks break, plans change. A dozen is a nice size group. Big enough to be fun and diverse, small enough to get down the trail at a reasonably good pace.

Here's a bit of trivia for you: Did you know the best hotel in Baker is called the Bun Boy Motel? Anyone know anything about this place?

Bondage 01-22-2006 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

Cap at 15 sounds good. (I CAN'T BELIEVE WE MIGHT GET THAT MANY - THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could easily exceed that at the rate we're going.

I see a few on your list that were on my list, too, (like me, for example) but we can add at least three more at this time. They're not forum regulars. I still have a bunch of fence sitters, a few of which will likely come.

If we cap at 15, we'll probably end up with 10-12. Trucks break, plans change. A dozen is a nice size group. Big enough to be fun and diverse, small enough to get down the trail at a reasonably good pace.

Here's a bit of trivia for you: Did you know the best hotel in Baker is called the Bun Boy Motel? Anyone know anything about this place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only know that some guy who owns it drives a Jeep.

I did a recon yesterday to check out my GPS plotting and some parts of "the Road." And the road is GOOD!

Here are some pics...

Bondage 01-22-2006 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more...

Bondage 01-22-2006 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and some more...

Bondage 01-22-2006 06:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Soda Lake...

Bondage 01-22-2006 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
lastly...

HummBebe 01-22-2006 02:46 PM

I am definitely going to be there. C'mon SEWIE!!! You gotta go !

PS . Chick Flix will be watched while you are are doing your "Blazing Saddles" part around the campfire.

No offense but, it's not my thang

rodster 01-22-2006 03:02 PM

Outstanding pictures! That's some beautiful desert!

Thanks a million for making the scouting run.

rodster 01-22-2006 03:06 PM

BTW, who took the pics?

And seriously, what do you know about the Bun Boy Motel? If I can't get a first-hand accounting of the place, I may have to drive to Baker to check it out. At least three of us are plannning to stay in a hotel Saturday night and I don't want to be the guy to recommend a flop house.

Racer-X 01-22-2006 03:12 PM

Confirming I will be there unless someone dies or my truck breaks. Still working on having a navigator.

Anybody beside me and Hummbebe coming down I5 who wants to caravan?

rodster 01-22-2006 09:08 PM

I've read a whole bunch of web stuff about the Bun Boy Motel. Found a few blogs where people posted their observations, etc.

Bottom line, it's clean, next to a 24 hour coffee shop, has A/C and cable and you can park in front of your room. (Try doing that at the Bellagio!)

For those of us that are hoteling it, the Bun Boy is the Baker Bellagio. $64.20 per night for a single queen bed; $69.95 per night for two queen beds. Number is 760.733.4252. That's a new number -- the numbers on the web don't work. They changed the name, too. It's now the Country Store.

I'm there and reservations are made!

Bondage 01-22-2006 09:26 PM

I've read a whole bunch of web stuff about the Bun Boy Motel. Found a few blogs where people posted their observations, etc.

Bottom line, it's clean, next to a 24 hour coffee shop, has A/C and cable and you can park in front of your room. (Try doing that at the Bellagio!)

For those of us that are hoteling it, the Bun Boy is the Baker Bellagio. $64.20 per night for a single queen bed; $69.95 per night for two queen beds. Number is 760.733.4252. That's a new number -- the numbers on the web don't work. They changed the name, too. It's now the Country Store.

I'm there and reservations are made! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Bun Boy Motel changed its name????? Wait till GLAD hears about this. You'll get no sleep with them protesting out front.

"We're here. We're queer. We want the Rodster's beer!" Aaaaaaaaaaall night long....

Sean

rodster 01-22-2006 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, Bundage Boy, that'll be enough outta you!

I kinda like this place ...

HummerLV 01-22-2006 10:40 PM

only 20 rooms and i have 1 of them, welcome to "motel california"

rodster 01-22-2006 11:38 PM

Yo Bond. Add one more H2. Just got a confirm.

rodster 01-23-2006 04:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This looks like fun! Rasor OHV = 22,500 acreas of play.

Yo Bond (if you ever get out of bed ), how much time will we have at Rasor and when will we have it? Saturday night or Sunday morning?

TootsSUT 01-23-2006 04:34 AM

Yo Bond. Add one more H2. Just got a confirm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Add another!! I'll be there for both days with my new "black is bad" SUT!! Did I meet the cut off???

Bondage 01-23-2006 04:46 AM

This looks like fun! Rasor OHV = 22,500 acreas of play.

Yo Bond (if you ever get out of bed ), how much time will we have at Rasor and when will we have it? Saturday night or Sunday morning? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yo Rodski. I never went to bed. I'm on a natural high these days - the desert just kinda does that to me!

Roger on the additional H2. We have to be rapidly approaching our 15 rig cut off??? OUTSTANDING!

As far as your choice of motels goes, okay. I won't say another word. Bunster Boy.

By the way, isn't typing while on the upswing of a manic depressive cycle fun?

As far as when we hit Rasor OHV goes, there is a change in our schedule! Because of the # of rigs, I'm afraid we will take longer and not make it across the lake before nightfall (Rasor is on the far side of Soda Lake)soooooooooo... Is it, would it, can it be possible to start out a little earlier? Say 7:30 or 8 instead of 8:30? If not, it's okay - but it might mean a little less twilight driving. AND we will camp at 17 Mile Point - which is right at Kelbaker Road for those heading north to Rodster's Bun Boy Motel and Massage Parlor.
That means we'll hit Rasor first thing Sunday morning and have a lot of time to play.

Lemme make a map up here tonight and post it so y'all know what I'm babbling about.

Check back shortly!

Sean

rodster 01-23-2006 05:22 AM

Uh oh. You're OCD and MD and you're heavily armed? Holy crap, I bet you're a real hoot when you're drunk.

Wow, a 7:30 meet means a 0600 lift-off from Vegas. That's brutal! I'd have to get up at 4 to have any hope at all of a successful AM BM. I'm not saying no but dang ...

If we do meet at 8:30, what's your ETA at 17 Mile Point?

Rasor in the morn sounds like a plan. Looks like there's a lot to do there so a good night of sleep will be excellent.

rodster 01-23-2006 05:25 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toots:
Add another!! I'll be there for both days with my new "black is bad" SUT!! Did I meet the cut off??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet.

Bondage 01-23-2006 05:57 AM

Uh oh. You're OCD and MD and you're heavily armed? Holy crap, I bet you're a real hoot when you're drunk.

Wow, a 7:30 meet means a 0600 lift-off from Vegas. That's brutal! I'd have to get up at 4 to have any hope at all of a successful AM BM. I'm not saying no but dang ...

If we do meet at 8:30, what's your ETA at 17 Mile Point?

Rasor in the morn sounds like a plan. Looks like there's a lot to do there so a good night of sleep will be excellent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OC? Yep. MD? Yep. HEAVILY ARMED? Yep. A HOOT WHEN I'M DRUNK? Oh sweet Jesus you have no idea.....

We can easily keep the start at 8:30. The LAST thing I want to do is interfere with your AM BM. ROFLMFAO

IF we keep up a good head of steam, we SHOULD make it to Kelbaker Road (15 minutes from there to your gay bath house) just after nightfall. The last hour or so may be in twilight, or even in the dark, but it is nice, wide open, sandy wash and there'll be enough of us with good lights to make it not a problem don't you think?
It should be quite fun in the scawy scawy dawk.

Sean

Bondage 01-23-2006 06:02 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toots:
Did I meet the cut off??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.
All right, yes.
I think so.
Maybe.
K?
K.

Vey cool rig you've got there, lady. I look forward to seeing you wheel it.

Sean

TootsSUT 01-23-2006 06:03 AM

Please update me on the exact confirmation of attendees. Pretty please?

TootsSUT 01-23-2006 06:03 AM

Did I meet the cut off??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.
All right, yes.
I think so.
Maybe.
K?
K.

Vey cool rig you've got there, lady. I look forward to seeing you wheel it.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll kick your little black booty, that's fer sure!!