Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off Road Photos from Gilmer Texas (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6815)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

1 Attachment(s)

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Detonate 03-08-2004 03:10 PM

Well that is all the photo's I'm posting. I think we ended up with 426 photo's from just my camera.

I have 3 full tapes worth of video to go through tonight.

There are so many stories to tell from this weekend, I wouldn't even know where to start!

It was just an incredible time for everyone out there from what I can tell.

Probably the most fun I had was riding a few trails with some people that had never taken there vehicles off-road before.

They drove through the "kiddie course" and where all smiles. Those smiles quickly turned to adrenaline filled cheeks of pure surprise and pleasure when we went down the first "real" trail which was very mild all things considered.

Next we took them all up Twister, which is a 4 star climb turned 3 stars by whatever monkies put some rocks in a few of the ditches. It's still a nasty little climb, and everyone was so excited to do it!

I finally made it up the mud ledge this weekend, which was one of the highlights for me.

I got twisted in a ravine that got pretty nasty. As I was backing out, my back passanger tire was so far in the air that Jeff could walk under it. At the same time my drivers side front end was so side ways and in the ground that I could lick dirt outside of my window, and windshield wiper fluid was pouring from both of my front wiper holes due to gravity.

Unfortunatley that situation was a little to tense and nobody thought to bring out the camera.

Another fun part was going down the trail with the built Jeep that had Hummer Recory Vehicle written on it's front and back bumpers.

After I made it up the mud ledge, he had to winch hisself up it. That made me happy! Although I'm sure he could have made it with a second attempt.

After we got Brandon out of the ditch and started changing his tire, the Jeeps decided they had had enough of us, and left us. We then sent those that didn't make it up the mud ledge back the way they came.

Just my H2 and 1 H1 went to go finish the trail. About 100 yards down the trail at the next obstacle we see the Jeeps stopped. Well turns out that the Hummer Recovery Vehicle broke his steering knuckle and we spent another few hours helping him get off the trail. It was quite a day Sunday!

cinci 03-08-2004 07:04 PM

Det,

Great pics as always, you’ all have a great group down there and just make the rest of us envious .

I am very curious since you have had the rare opportunity to drive most of the same trails with stock tires compared with the 37's as to what your opinion is of the difference 37's make, regardless of the brand.

Thanks,
David
Black H2

Detonate 03-08-2004 07:58 PM

Well they made a difference no doubt about it.

First thing I noticed was that I wasn't scraping my belly on EVERYTHING. The extra clearnace was the first big plus.

Basically everything positive I have to say about them has to due with clearance.

If I had to talk about the negatives, it would be steering. The rubbing is a bit of a nuisance, but the other thing that concerns me, is if the steering components can handle the bigger tires.

My steering seems to be fubared right now, but I don't know if I can blame that on the tires yet, so that's why I haven't mentioned it.

At one point my tires were completely pointing inward, and I thought for sure I had busted a tie rod. This was on the first trail of the first day. Everything looks fine under there, but when I turn right, and then straighten out, one of the tires stays pointed out, and drags to the point that I can here scraping rubber on the road for a few feet before the tire straightens out.

I have to take it in to have it looked at.

cinci 03-08-2004 11:09 PM

Det,

It sounds like you have some serious steering issues, you definately need to get that looked at by the dealer. I would be interested to see if you still have any rubbing after they fix the problem.

The added clearance and additional raidius of the 37's are great. It makes it much easier to go up steep ledges such as the ones in your photos.

I am interested in the difference between your truck and the lifted H2. It appears that he has 37's already. Do you think the lift gives him any extra advantage on the trails that you run?

Thanks,
David
Black H2

Rosco 03-09-2004 01:58 AM

Looks like its changed a lot since last time I was up there, in 289 that hill was almost impossible, with a crazy ledge halfway up.

Wish I could of made it!
looks like everyone had a blast.