Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   UPDATE! TWO day Mojave Road Run! CA/NV/AZ - ALL are invited! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14006)

HummBebe 01-20-2006 07:01 PM

Can I go , Can I go????

rodster 01-20-2006 07:53 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
Can I go , Can I go???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you here yet? Come on down!

TootsSUT 01-20-2006 08:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
Can I go , Can I go???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you here yet? Come on down! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Shouldn't that be "Aren't you here yet? We're waiting for you?"

rodster 01-20-2006 08:07 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tootsie:

LOL! Shouldn't that be "Aren't you here yet? We're waiting for you?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^^ What tootsie said, please ^^^

HummBebe 01-20-2006 08:20 PM

OK

Bondage 01-20-2006 11:37 PM

Yippeeee! Another victim, er, driver!!! OUTSTANDING! I can't wait to see the Rhino! Did you make reservations in Needles yet? Do they still have rooms?

Look forward to meeting you!

Sean

Racer-X 01-21-2006 12:38 AM

Hummbebe, you are remembering thats the same dates as the NCHG snow run right? I was a little torn between the two but this one being a two day with camping and FIRE involved....well, no brainer!

Let me know if you want to caravan down. I plan to leave fri early-mid afternoon.

Your H3 right? I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. I plan to buy the wife one when the H2 is paid for.

TootsSUT 01-21-2006 02:41 AM

Don't flake out now, ya hear!! I'm all the set up to steal the DVD player and watch chick flix witch ya!!!

Bondage 01-21-2006 02:59 AM

Oh no....chik flix????? The last time I drove Mojave, I was alone and spent three nights out there. Two John Wayne movies and one Clint Eastwood.

Sean

rodster 01-21-2006 06:51 AM

Maybe you answered this and I missed it, Sean ...

How many trucks can travel on one permit? Any limit?

Don't know how you feel about it but the-more-the-merrier does have limits. Once we get up over a dozen it's a whole different ball game -- the train gets way long and the odds of a breakdown go way up. Cap at 15?

HummerLV 01-21-2006 04:14 PM

i am clearing my calander as we speak, er type.
we'll take a super delux cabin at the hotel needles

rodster 01-21-2006 05:12 PM

"Super delux" and "needles" should not appear in the same sentence.

It'll be good to see you and the wife again. You bringing the H2 or the H3?

rodster 01-21-2006 05:41 PM

Anybody from the CA group a ham with mobile capabilities?

Bondage 01-22-2006 03:19 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Maybe you answered this and I missed it, Sean ...

How many trucks can travel on one permit? Any limit?

Don't know how you feel about it but the-more-the-merrier does have limits. Once we get up over a dozen it's a whole different ball game -- the train gets way long and the odds of a breakdown go way up. Cap at 15? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cap at 15 sounds good. (I CAN'T BELIEVE WE MIGHT GET THAT MANY - THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!)

Here's who I have at this time:
YOU
ME
JNSTITZ
JEFFB
JEFFB's neighbor?
RACERX
HUMMBEBE
ORBITALH2
HUMMERLV
TC
TOOTSIE

TO ANYONE LISTED ABOVE....if you are a definite go, please post a confirmation. If you are NOT coming, please let us know. If you are not sure, MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Rodster - please update the above list whith your confirmeds? Is confirmeds a word?

Sean

HummBebe 01-22-2006 03:20 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Racer-X:
Hummbebe, you are remembering thats the same dates as the NCHG snow run right? I was a little torn between the two but this one being a two day with camping and FIRE involved....well, no brainer!

Let me know if you want to caravan down. I plan to leave fri early-mid afternoon.

Your H3 right? I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. I plan to buy the wife one when the H2 is paid for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can definitely caravan down!

PS I hope your wife likes to wheel! No mall crawler H3's please

Check out the pics from today's wheeling trip. We will post more tomorrow!

Bondage 01-22-2006 03:21 AM

[quote]Originally posted by rodster:
"Super delux" and "needles" should not appear in the same sentence. QUOTE]

Unless you are a wealthy heroin addict.

Sean

rodster 01-22-2006 05:23 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

Cap at 15 sounds good. (I CAN'T BELIEVE WE MIGHT GET THAT MANY - THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could easily exceed that at the rate we're going.

I see a few on your list that were on my list, too, (like me, for example) but we can add at least three more at this time. They're not forum regulars. I still have a bunch of fence sitters, a few of which will likely come.

If we cap at 15, we'll probably end up with 10-12. Trucks break, plans change. A dozen is a nice size group. Big enough to be fun and diverse, small enough to get down the trail at a reasonably good pace.

Here's a bit of trivia for you: Did you know the best hotel in Baker is called the Bun Boy Motel? Anyone know anything about this place?

Bondage 01-22-2006 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

Cap at 15 sounds good. (I CAN'T BELIEVE WE MIGHT GET THAT MANY - THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could easily exceed that at the rate we're going.

I see a few on your list that were on my list, too, (like me, for example) but we can add at least three more at this time. They're not forum regulars. I still have a bunch of fence sitters, a few of which will likely come.

If we cap at 15, we'll probably end up with 10-12. Trucks break, plans change. A dozen is a nice size group. Big enough to be fun and diverse, small enough to get down the trail at a reasonably good pace.

Here's a bit of trivia for you: Did you know the best hotel in Baker is called the Bun Boy Motel? Anyone know anything about this place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only know that some guy who owns it drives a Jeep.

I did a recon yesterday to check out my GPS plotting and some parts of "the Road." And the road is GOOD!

Here are some pics...

Bondage 01-22-2006 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more...

Bondage 01-22-2006 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and some more...