Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Black it out! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17153)

31_bandits 07-10-2006 03:27 PM

Re: Black it out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilD
After reading this thread, I just rattle canned my rims as I felt so bad having shiny rims. Also, after reading H2F's woes with blinding his beautiful wife, I decided they were a danger to other motorists.

lol

MiamiVice 07-10-2006 05:02 PM

The only bling on my ride is the Gold Teeth stuck on the tread of my tires after a night of Ghetto 4 wheeling!!!

PARAGON 07-11-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

I wasn't kidding though, I did rattle can my rims;

[IMG]http://www.*******club.com/forum/files/picture005_293.jpg[/IMG]

that's a cool looking truck. did you just get it?

ree 07-11-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

I wasn't kidding though, I did rattle can my rims

Phil, they look great.

I'm too lazy / busy to search for other threads on painting....what prep work is necessary to paint wheels, did you do it with tires on, and how does it really hold up?

I've been debating whether to spend the money to get some slightly used takeoffs to get powder coated before I upgrade my tires to 37s. If I just paint my current ones, that'll save me at least $500.

31_bandits 07-11-2006 03:59 PM

it looks really nice, phil.

I couldn't part with the chrome, i enjoy the dichotomy of the truck, and reaction to it, too much. Its too interesting to watch how a perfectly polished chromed H2 generates different reaction than one covered in mud & barely showing its white.

PARAGON 07-11-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31_bandits
it looks really nice, phil.

I couldn't part with the chrome, i enjoy the dichotomy of the truck, and reaction to it, too much. Its too interesting to watch how a perfectly polished chromed H2 generates different reaction than one covered in mud & barely showing its white.

I believe you are referring to the disdain being shown when it's a bling machine because it's not being used "as it's supposed to be" ;) ;) :D

31_bandits 07-11-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARAGON
I believe you are referring to the disdain being shown when it's a bling machine because it's not being used "as it's supposed to be" ;) ;) :D

depends on who's looking.

when shiny, i've never had pickup guys hang out the window to give a thumbs up. when muddy i've never been flipped off, or had somebody whip a U-turn just to cuss at me.

But when muddy & not showing its bling, i've never had carloads of college girls holla out a window or ask us to follow them around.

so whatever, both ways are fun. I enjoy the bad attention as much - although differently - as the good. If you ever do anything really worth doing, somebody is going to dislike it. Just think back to the reaction to the cutest girl you ever dated/married.

shrug. the truck is alot of fun, both in the real world and pondering the wildness of cyberspace, although i do fear i bore you guys sometimes with the latter.

31_bandits 07-11-2006 04:15 PM

but - and this is just a personal preference - i'd rather throw myself directly into the mouth of H2 hysteria than run from it. So i leave the truck muddy to enjoy that for a few days & then polish it to a day-glo sheen.

Bring the madness, i say. :D :D ;)

ree 07-11-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

...Its too interesting to watch how a perfectly polished chromed H2 generates different reaction than one covered in mud & barely showing its white.

Quote:

Exactly, getting flipped off for being a POS, envirodestroying blinger is different than not getting flipped off at all

PARAGON 07-11-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

but - and this is just a personal preference - i'd rather throw myself directly into the mouth of H2 hysteria than run from it. So i leave the truck muddy to enjoy that for a few days & then polish it to a day-glo sheen.

Bring the madness, i say. :D :D ;)

sounds like too much work. just don't wash it, I say.:D :D

31_bandits 07-11-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

sounds like too much work. just don't wash it, I say.:D :D

lol!

ree 07-11-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Time will tell, but it appears to be on pretty solid. The reason I used a hammered finish was so I could touch them easily, without it been so obvious.

Duplicolor, rustoleum?

ree 07-11-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

just don't wash it, I say.:D :D

And tell the dealer not to wash it. Mine has been dirty for a while. It was at the dealer yesterday and came back waaay too clean. Now I'm embarassed to take it out. :D

MovinH2 07-11-2006 11:29 PM

Nice Rig Phil:D

03blackH2 07-26-2006 01:29 AM

Well I am almost there. Got the front LineX 'd (brush guard and grill) and love it!
Fuel door will be here any day.

Rims I can't part with so I have to make some factory alloys black soon.

NEOCON1 07-26-2006 04:11 AM

nice :cool: :D