Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Finally!!!! H2O - H3 Spy shots!!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23547)

PARAGON 01-10-2007 05:32 PM

Re: Finally!!!! H2O - H3 Spy shots!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBebe
So do you guys think a couple hundred lbs on the front will affect traction in this case?

maybe 5% of the time;)

Costs vs. benefits

it's adding less than 5% additional overall weight, does the additional weight with a winch "outweigh" the cost you give up with the possibility that you might lose some traction due to the additonal weight in a very few instances.

Everything is all about perspective.

Sewie 01-10-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO Hummer
A couple hundred "additional" lbs?

While I know Neil's stuff weighs a lot more, I can't see it weight that much more. Do you have the exact numbers - stocks with winch vs your new setup?

I wouldn't be surprised if it is close to 200lbs heavier than stock. Remember that she's replacing a plastic fascia with steel, then add the weight of the winch. There's still a brushguard to add as well.

HummBebe 01-10-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewie
I wouldn't be surprised if it is close to 200lbs heavier than stock. Remember that she's replacing a plastic fascia with steel, then add the weight of the winch. There's still a brushguard to add as well.

Quit talking about me like I'm not here....:fdance:

CO Hummer 01-10-2007 07:41 PM

I've heard that she's worried about the additional weight. But I think her problems are more deep-seeded. She's always talking about wanting to be the 'queen' wheeler and stuff. She's got personal issues, I think.

ROX 01-10-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

I've heard that she's worried about the additional weight. But I think her problems are more deep-seeded. She's always talking about wanting to be the 'queen' wheeler and stuff. She's got personal issues, I think.

:iagree:

Wisha Haddan H3 01-10-2007 08:17 PM

Quote:

So do you guys think a couple hundred lbs on the front will affect traction in this case?

It's not just the weight on the front that matters, it's also the balance front to rear. The new rack and rear bumper will help take care of that. If you do put it on a scale, get a per axle weight along with the total weight.

The contact patch from your 35s should take care of the extra traction needed with all the extra equipment (especially aired down). But I would be thinking about the t-bars and shocks, with all the extra sprung and unsprung weight. You might bounce more onthe stock suspension with it all. Weren't you looking into new t-bars a while back?

And fwiw, if you haven't switched to synthetic oil yet, now would be a good time. Your engine's going to be working a lot harder. You might also put a temp gauge in your tranny to see if a tranny cooler is in order.

KenP 01-10-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

I have to agree with this opinion of her. I noticed this when I rode with her in Moab. She's an odd cracker.:giggling:

rsm688 01-10-2007 08:56 PM

that weight will not hurt that much, who cares anyways.....i just wanna see some updated pics :dancingbanana:

CO Hummer 01-10-2007 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
I have to agree with this opinion of her. I noticed this when I rode with her in Moab. She's an odd cracker.:giggling:

X2. She actually sent me this on a post card:

HummBebe 01-10-2007 09:06 PM

FAWK YOU ALLL!!!!! :jump: :fdance: :jump: :fdance: :jump:

ree 01-10-2007 09:08 PM

I really don't know her all that well, but it's pretty clear she likes to use this a lot: :fdance::fdance::fdance::fdance::fdance:

HummBebe 01-10-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisha Haddan H3
It's not just the weight on the front that matters, it's also the balance front to rear. The new rack and rear bumper will help take care of that. If you do put it on a scale, get a per axle weight along with the total weight.

The contact patch from your 35s should take care of the extra traction needed with all the extra equipment (especially aired down). But I would be thinking about the t-bars and shocks, with all the extra sprung and unsprung weight. You might bounce more onthe stock suspension with it all. Weren't you looking into new t-bars a while back?

And fwiw, if you haven't switched to synthetic oil yet, now would be a good time. Your engine's going to be working a lot harder. You might also put a temp gauge in your tranny to see if a tranny cooler is in order.

With the Rancho's I should be able to adjust to the "9" setting and be ok.

Yes heavy duty t-bars are on the list with a 30% higher spring rate. And Rocks and I were talking about doing a dual shock set up too. It's also on the list.

Went to Synth about 20K ago. I'll talk to Miles about the tranny cooler/guage. Good idea.

CO Hummer 01-10-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

With the Rancho's I should be able to adjust to the "9" setting and be ok.

Yes heavy duty t-bars are on the list with a 30% higher spring rate. And Rocks and I were talking about doing a dual shock set up too. It's also on the list.

Went to Synth about 20K ago. I'll talk to Miles about the tranny cooler/guage. Good idea.

Please remain silent since we're trying to have a conversation about you. Thanks.

Sewie 01-10-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Please remain silent since we're trying to have a conversation about you. Thanks.

:jump::jump::jump:

Steve - SanJose 01-10-2007 09:56 PM

Are we talking about winches or wenches here?...:popcorn:

Viet Nam Vette 01-10-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Are we talking about winches or wenches here?...:popcorn:

I don't know ..but I like her post card..:D

But aside from that...She's a Wheeler ...How many Female wheelers are out their. I give her credit for worken her rig over and thrashing it at Mohab.
Hat's off to the Bebe-ster..

:perfect10s:

SnakeH2 01-10-2007 10:55 PM

eeeerr... I thought someone did.

Damn editing:mad:

:shhh:

HummBebe 01-10-2007 11:09 PM

delete.....do now!!!!:fdance:

CO Hummer 01-10-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

delete.....do now!!!!:fdance:

What do you want me to delete? All that crap about weight ratios and Rancho settings?

HummBebe 01-10-2007 11:27 PM

Quote:

What do you want me to delete? All that crap about weight ratios and Rancho settings?

no, just the butt shotts......