Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   UPDATE! TWO day Mojave Road Run! CA/NV/AZ - ALL are invited! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14006)

rodster 01-26-2006 04:55 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
How about some good old fashioned five card STUD??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh oh. You sound like a wild one.

JnStitz 01-26-2006 05:05 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
K...my answers to Toots questions...

Jon - wanna caravan Friday night with us?

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger that.

JnStitz 01-26-2006 05:05 AM

We can always play a little Texas Holdem...

Or

Am I the only one who knows what snipe hunting is?

rodster 01-26-2006 05:19 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jnstitz:
Am I the only one who knows what snipe hunting is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was a Boy Scout. That is not a fond memory!

Bondage 01-26-2006 05:23 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
How about some good old fashioned five card STUD??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strip? Nicest undies wins the recovery bag.

Sean

TootsSUT 01-26-2006 05:24 AM

I guess no undies wouldn't win then, huh???

I'm kidding, just kidding!!!!

TootsSUT 01-26-2006 05:25 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jnstitz:

Or

Yes!

Bondage 01-26-2006 05:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The water at the bridge is not so deep these days unless we get some rain, BUT there is a certain spot I have in mind.....

Bondage 01-26-2006 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
BTW - I will proudly be sporting my PhilD designed Hi Lift Jack mount. I made it today and installed it to test fit, etc. Now I have to take it off and paint it BLACK of course but, in the meantime, howzzit look?

Sean

rodster 01-26-2006 05:38 AM

Yikes! What's in that water? Whatever it is, it looks highly corrosive.

Hummer Limbo (TM) is best played in shallow water?

Bondage 01-26-2006 05:41 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Yikes! What's in that water? Whatever it is, it looks highly corrosive.

Hummer Limbo (TM) is best played in shallow water? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The water IS shallow, ya dope! The mud is four feet thick for all I know, but the water is shallow. Got a winch? And that is ICE! It was a little chilly in the Mojave last weekend!

Sean

rodster 01-26-2006 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
howzzit look? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smashing! Nice work. What's the bar wrapped with?

I don't think that would work with the rear tire carrier ...

I discovered a thing called QuikFist. Very handy on the Gobi.

rodster 01-26-2006 05:44 AM

And that is ICE! It was a little chilly in the Mojave last weekend! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OIC. Duh, I thought it was salt on, oh, I don't know ... battery acid?

rodster 01-26-2006 05:46 AM

The mud is four feet thick for all I know, but the water is shallow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ladies first ...

Bondage 01-26-2006 05:49 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
The mud is four feet thick for all I know, but the water is shallow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ladies first ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMFAO

Bondage 01-26-2006 05:54 AM

Smashing! Nice work. What's the bar wrapped with?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Gorilla Tape - it was red and I allow no communist colors on my rig.</span>

I don't think that would work with the rear tire carrier ...

I discovered a thing called QuikFist.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I can't resist...I'm trying to....no, I can't. QuikFist. Sounds like a little game they might play at the Bun Boy Motel,</span>

Very handy on the Gobi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is! Seriously - where did ya get 'em? Tell me more about 'em? PLEASE???

Sean

TootsSUT 01-26-2006 06:19 AM

More prizes have been added to our list!!!!! Yippeeee!!!!!

Someone come up with some more contests!! It appears we have the mud splashing one confirmed!

rodster 01-26-2006 06:32 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TootsSUT:
More prizes have been added to our list!!!!! Yippeeee!!!!!

Someone come up with some more contests!! It appears we have the mud splashing one confirmed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you please STOP! I'm trying to get some sleep here! :tookashowercaughtsecondwind:

More prizes ... very cool. And mud? Oink it gonna be a good time?

rodster 01-26-2006 06:34 AM

Seriously - where did ya get 'em? Tell me more about 'em? PLEASE??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a funny name, eh? Ee gads, you're gonna love this link ...

http://www.endroad.com

Bondage 01-26-2006 07:05 AM

Seriously - where did ya get 'em? Tell me more about 'em? PLEASE??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a funny name, eh? Ee gads, you're gonna love this link ...

http://www.endroad.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a million years I never would have imagined myself say this but....

I need a quikfist!

ROFLMFAO Those look seriously cool. Gotta have some!

Sean

Bondage 01-26-2006 07:06 AM

And here's something else I don't say very often;

I am tired and I'm going to go get some sleep. Nite all.

Sean

ree 01-26-2006 10:35 AM

Sorta like geocaching (if any of you are into that...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geocaching is ghey, especially when you have a GPS. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Where's the challenge? If you want to collect crap hidden by other people, there's a much more productive way to do it: antique [aka junk] stores and estate sales

I have to admit for some new gear, I'd play along and use all the technology at my disposal

HummBebe 01-26-2006 01:31 PM

Or

Uh....no, it's like cow tipping !!

Edspad 01-26-2006 01:45 PM

Or

Uh....no, it's like cow tipping !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cow Tipping is a just as it seem's,i never did but some of my cousins did.....Snipe Hunting is very special

HummBebe 01-26-2006 03:18 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Cow Tipping is a just as it seem's, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not the way we play it!

JnStitz 01-26-2006 04:54 PM

Snipe hunting is when you take the unknowing person far into the hills and leave them for a bit to hunt for snipes...little slugs or some crap...lol

Its funny when you do it, but not when you explain it lol

HummBebe 01-26-2006 05:05 PM

HAHAHAHAHA, my sis said she takes her FNG's out snipe hunting (She's a Capt.Fire Dept.in WA) as a welcome to the group thing

TootsSUT 01-26-2006 05:10 PM

Sort of like when my dad told me to collect all of the roley poley bugs in the backyard and separate the males from the females??!!

rodster 01-26-2006 05:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHA, my sis said she takes her FNG's out snipe hunting (She's a Capt.Fire Dept.in WA) as a welcome to the group thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FNG = firefighting newbie goobers?

DDWH 01-26-2006 05:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TootsSUT:
Sort of like when my dad told me to collect all of the roley poley bugs in the backyard and separate the males from the females??!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO!!!! Thats classic, wonder if that will work on my daughters

ree 01-26-2006 05:53 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:FNG = firefighting newbie goobers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_slang
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> FNG: (US) ****ing New Guy (or Girl). One of many terms used to describe a new join to a unit.</pre>

rodster 01-26-2006 05:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:FNG = firefighting newbie goobers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> FNG: (US) ****ing New Guy (or Girl). One of many terms used to describe a new join to a unit.</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ha! Wikipedia is cool. Thanks!

Ree and DDWH -- can we assume your presence on this thread is an indication of your intent to attend? It's an easy flight and I'm two miles from the Vegas the airport ...

ree 01-26-2006 06:12 PM

Ree and DDWH -- can we assume your presence on this thread is an indication of your intent to attend? It's an easy flight and I'm two miles from the Vegas the airport ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hadn't considered it, but now that you mention it a ride along would be fun. I'll have to think about it...it being child care arrangements as my wife is a Dr on call that weekend plus other factors that I'm not man enough to admit to

I was only on this thread because I wanted to do a lot of reading and also was biting at the chance of slamming geocaching

rodster 01-26-2006 06:30 PM

Hey everybody, check it out -- Ree's coming!

Let me know what time your flight arrives in Vegas on Friday. You can stay at our place.

How old is/are the kid(s)?

DDWH 01-26-2006 06:48 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> FNG: (US) ****ing New Guy (or Girl). One of many terms used to describe a new join to a unit.</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ha! Wikipedia is cool. Thanks!

Ree and DDWH -- can we assume your presence on this thread is an indication of your intent to attend? It's an easy flight and I'm two miles from the Vegas the airport ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to, and had contemplated it when it was first talked about. I just have way too much stuff going on right now(both work and honeydews). Hopefully when the next one rolls around I will be good to go

Racer-X 01-26-2006 06:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey everybody, check it out -- Ree's coming! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does his post say that or did you get a PM?

rodster 01-26-2006 06:55 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Racer-X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey everybody, check it out -- Ree's coming! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does his post say that or did you get a PM? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm no salesman but I know enough to know that's called the assumptive close. I'm an optimist.

ree 01-26-2006 07:04 PM

I'm no salesman but I know enough to know that's called the assumptive close. I'm a<STRIKE>n</STRIKE> confused optimist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed

I'm still a big maybe. It does help to know that virtually all my arrangements would be made. I'll let you know. And because of my optimism I ask a follow up question:

I haven't read enough of the thread to know if the Sat night would be camping or motel. Can you brief me on this please?

ree 01-26-2006 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, and the boy is a year and a half. This is him this past September.

rodster 01-26-2006 07:21 PM

I'm a<STRIKE>n</STRIKE> confused optimist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too funny!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm still a big maybe. It does help to know that virtually all my arrangements would be made. I'll let you know. And because of my optimism I ask a follow up question:

I haven't read enough of the thread to know if the Sat night would be camping or motel. Can you brief me on this please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Camping or motel is up to you. My family and I are doing the motel. So are most of the Vegas people. All but one of the CA people are camping.

---

Great looking kid! I know you're proud and wow, I sure do miss those toddler days.