Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Looking into buying a roof rack (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23524)

Icyelle 01-04-2007 01:17 AM

Looking into buying a roof rack

Any suggestions?

H3 girl 01-04-2007 01:26 AM

Re: Looking into buying a roof rack

Visit xtremeh2.com they have a killer rack for the H3

timgco 01-04-2007 01:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GOBI.

Bully13 01-04-2007 02:02 AM

If you want the one that looks the best, get GOBI.

HummBebe 01-04-2007 02:03 AM

I'd wait......:clapping:

The Green Lantern 01-04-2007 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBebe
I'd wait......:clapping:

Post up already!!!!!

HummBebe 01-04-2007 02:07 AM

I can't.....:o

crop000 01-04-2007 02:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the full size GOBI.

H3 Hummer 01-04-2007 02:33 AM

You can look all you want and even try to make your own but the nicest you will find will be the GOBI. I am a poor college student that needs beer money. So I have to suggest this one by Thule.

Hunner 01-04-2007 03:17 AM

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22137

RuggedH2 01-04-2007 03:26 AM

:iagree: X2

If I had more money, I would get the GOBI. I don't, so I went with the Rola. It's not in the same class as the Gobi, but it gets the job done and I'm happy with it.

Bully13 01-04-2007 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBebe
I can't.....:o

The anticipation is killing me!!!!!@#$:crying: :D

Icyelle 01-04-2007 05:18 AM

I love the GOBI's but are so expensive. I must save up unless HummBebe has something better to entice me with... :clapping:

K9sH3 01-04-2007 06:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the roof rack I have.

RuggedH2 01-04-2007 04:49 PM

K9sH3,

That's a good looking rig.:cool:

K9sH3 01-04-2007 06:14 PM

Thanks.

Haydel-H3 03-20-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9sH3
This is the roof rack I have.

The rack looks like a part of a shopping basket, sorry the sticker price is low for a reason. Can you put any weight on that rack? I guess if you are using it as a luggage rack or gas can rack its perfect.

If you are not going to use the rack buy one that you will use.
I needed more room, not much in the back to put large ice chest or fishing gear. I was one of those guys that bought a GOBI full size with sides and haven't been dissapointed.

Yes they are EXPENSIVE and no I didn't tell the wife how much it cost.
But honestly I haven't found another rack that looks decent for cheeper.
I still get complements from school teachers, cops and even ranchers here.

homeboy 03-20-2008 11:53 AM

i like the rolas,seen them for about $250,nowhere near the quality of the gobi but its like a quarter of the price!:beerchug:

ctluba 03-21-2008 04:50 AM

I got a Rola with a net and a big cargo bag for under $500.00. Gobi is the best, but if your on a budget the Rola is a good option, Also it meets my needs.

ctluba 03-21-2008 04:54 AM

Big Dad 03-21-2008 05:11 AM

Wow, all that white fluffy stuff covers up all that dog crap!

:giggling:

Goonsqd 03-27-2008 06:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bought a Rola yesterday....I'll put up pics after I get it and put it on. Here's the Before pics.

bennersj 03-28-2008 05:59 PM

I have the Yakima Mega load warrior with the extender, I don't use it much but it works and spends most of the time in the shed. Wind noise and MPG drop isn't worth having on all the time for me.

timgco 03-28-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennersj
I have the Yakima Mega load warrior with the extender, I don't use it much but it works and spends most of the time in the shed.

HEY HEY HEY! THis is a family forum. :clapping:

wpage 03-28-2008 06:19 PM

Are you certain you need a roof rack. If you look at the impact of wind resistance as it relates to MPG. You might find it better to simply add more slip rings to your roof tracks and put some 3m skid tape on your roof for when you are carrying.

When you look at the vertical height of the H3 without the racking. Its hard to get things into unless you are a giant or have something to stand on when you are loading.

ctluba 03-28-2008 06:39 PM

Hey Goonsqd, I like the set up, color, wheels etc, on your rig. Ever consider blacking out those wheels? That would look sweet. Of course I am anti bling, but that is just me.

Goonsqd 03-28-2008 06:48 PM

I actually saw some black ones that would have been great.....after I already got those though. :crying:

ctluba 03-30-2008 05:51 PM

My wheels WERE chrome originally. I had them powder coated for $60.00ea. If you really want black you can do it. It is just a pain in the ass putting the truck up on blocks and that while they get done.

Haydel-H3 04-02-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctluba
My wheels WERE chrome originally. I had them powder coated for $60.00ea. If you really want black you can do it. It is just a pain in the ass putting the truck up on blocks and that while they get done.

Love the rims, sorry I can't lie they just look dirty like a ford trucks front wheels with break dust. Don't please don't lift your Hummer and spray paint the wheels ask more people if it looks good before you do it. Do it only if its your buddies ride and your pissed at him.

moabxj01 04-02-2008 05:28 PM

Goonsqd: Did you tint your front turn signals with nite shades? If you did how many coats did you use and can you still see the light pretty well when they are on?

ctluba 04-02-2008 09:58 PM

Haydel, Thanx for posting your opinion of my wheels. It really comes down to what you like on your own truck. I happen to like the "blacked out" look of the tactical pakage with no bling on the entire truck. It sort of looks "basic" and "function over form". I see by your avatar that you like the shiny, girly, bling-bling, mall cruiser, "I listen to Hana Montana", pussy look. But hey, if that is what you like, that is what you should have.

BigPoppa1411 04-02-2008 11:00 PM

:popcorn:

6pack 04-03-2008 12:00 AM

That was funny.

I go for the blacked out look also and love the flat black. To each his own. The only thing I'd do different is flat black the center caps also. The only chrome on my whole truck are the exhaust tips, and I might powdercoat them black.

ctluba 04-03-2008 12:29 AM

I dont usually flame dudes on here but he did kick me in the nuts on that one!

Goonsqd, wasnt trying to hijack your thread, lets see some pics of that roof rack.

Haydel-H3 04-03-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3 Hummer
You can look all you want and even try to make your own but the nicest you will find will be the GOBI. I am a poor college student that needs beer money. So I have to suggest this one by Thule.

Poor college student my anus, you wouldn't be driving a HUMMER.
Did mommy by you that, if so get a job get off the breast milk!!!!!!! .

Damm that felt good !!!I tried to move back in with my parents they laughed. The dream would be not to have a house note, electric bill, food bill, bitchy wife that don't do the stuff she use to.

Remember this find the woman that you hate the most now and just buy her a new house. Get it over with early, you will be able to afford something when you turn 30.

Working nights sorry lack of sleep. I like milk

REDLYNER 04-03-2008 11:01 PM

I went with the Rola and got it for like $175 shipped- NEW.

Goonsqd 04-05-2008 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctluba
I dont usually flame dudes on here but he did kick me in the nuts on that one!

Goonsqd, wasnt trying to hijack your thread, lets see some pics of that roof rack.

It'll be here Monday...so they say.

shadow348 04-06-2008 02:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my rack by Surco from Everything SUV

Goonsqd 04-10-2008 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is installed

ctluba 04-12-2008 04:30 AM

That looks really good!! I like the look of your rig. The white and black looks good together and the body color grill is cool.