Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rocky Road Rails Order (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20264)

BuzzH3 09-08-2006 04:22 PM

Rocky Road Rails Order

Has anyone ordered these and actually received them yet. I ordered mine about a week and a half ago and I still haven't received them. When I call they just say that they are working on building them and have no idea when they will ship out. Their customer service is horrible. I'm going on an off-road event next weekend and was hoping to have them by then. I figured that giving them almost 3 weeks would be plenty of time. I guess not. Sorry, I just had to vent. If anyone is thinking about ordering these, make sure you give them plenty of time. They don't keep a stock of these. They build them as they are ordered.

timgco 09-08-2006 04:34 PM

Re: Rocky Road Rails Order

If you really need them by next weekend and they cannot come through for ya, cancel the order and buy the factory ones. They are tough!

I don't want to knock Rock Road, because I have never dealt with them, their rails look very tough and well thought out, but if you can't wait, you can't wait.

If they are still in the building process, I doubt you'll see them by next weekend. THey would still have to get pc'd or painted and than shipped. I'd call them back and let them know your intentions on your upcoming trip. If they cannot promise you in time, cancel them. You don't want to go offroad without a set.

HummBebe 09-08-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
If you really need them by next weekend and they cannot come through for ya, cancel the order and buy the factory ones. They are tough!

I don't want to knock Rock Road, because I have never dealt with them, their rails look very tough and well thought out, but if you can't wait, you can't wait.

If they are still in the building process, I doubt you'll see them by next weekend. THey would still have to get pc'd or painted and than shipped. I'd call them back and let them know your intentions on your upcoming trip. If they cannot promise you in time, cancel them. You don't want to go offroad without a set.

They had BABHUMV's done in three days...:confused:

dochummer 09-09-2006 12:06 AM

They also have their own powder coating facility. I know Glenn was going to Spain or something for vacation. Hopefully, the guy he left in charge isn't screwing everything up.... :)

I just spoke with them. They said as soon as they made the first set of H3 rails...and it hit the web, they got loaded with a bunch of orders for the H3...so they're running behind trying to fill them all (new design for them etc...).... They were nice about it over the phone...

BuzzH3 09-17-2006 04:41 PM

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After about 2 and a half weeks I finally got the rails in on Friday. I tried to install them only to realize that the holes did not line up. They welded one of the mounts in the wrong place. I assume that they have absolutely no quality control. I don't understand how no one noticed it. When they packaged them up to ship, they were taped together and you can obviously see that they don't match. The people that I have talked to have not been very helpful. I sent them an email showing the problem and I still have not received any response at all. They are not shipped in any sort of box. They are just wrapped up in about 8 miles of plastic wrap. There are no instructions or paperwork of any kind. One of the bolts they sent me was the incorrect one. It seems like they are running a very slip-shot business.

If anyone is thinking about getting some of these, you might want to think again. You will be better off getting the GM ones. This was a horrible experience. Now I have to find a way to package these stupid things up to ship them back.

Urban Ops 09-17-2006 05:02 PM

Go to pirate4x4.com and read all about that company. They have a horrible reputation. I personally will never buy from them again. Frankly I'm surprised you got them so quickly.

cestwick 09-17-2006 07:37 PM

I got them in and they fit perfect...you didn't try puting them on the wrong side did you?? They are side specific..I reused the factroy protection bolts..the ones they send are diffinetly too long..take forever to install.

BuzzH3 09-18-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cestwick
I got them in and they fit perfect...you didn't try puting them on the wrong side did you?? They are side specific..I reused the factroy protection bolts..the ones they send are diffinetly too long..take forever to install.

no, I was putting them on the correct side. If you hold them both up together, you can see that they are way off. I understand that accidents happen (although a little quality control would help) but, my issue is that no one at Rocky Road has stepped up to make it right or even responded at all.

Cal 09-18-2006 03:34 AM

Im trying to decide between these and the Factory ones, i was leaning towards these but i guess now i have to rethink this decision. Does anyone else have any comments about this company.

Urban Ops 09-18-2006 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal
Im trying to decide between these and the Factory ones, i was leaning towards these but i guess now i have to rethink this decision. Does anyone else have any comments about this company.

Be your own judge.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/searc...earchid=277240

dochummer 09-18-2006 05:48 AM

So far, my experience has been great. I've seen their facility first hand and they seem to be on the up-and-up. The guys are polite and helpful, and they are genuine in their interest to help. They are short-staffed, phone etiquiette probably not the best, and definately a small company, but they still have my "two thumbs up."

BABHUMV 09-18-2006 07:54 PM

Being the 1st to get them, I can say nothing but praises. The Rails not only look great, but hold up to some pretty tough bangs and drags. As for the shop, their facility was well organized and some cool looking machines. If Glenn is out of town, make sure to get ahold of him when he gets back, he will take care of it. Oh, and their products carries a lifetime guarantee too.

BuzzH3 09-18-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hummerster
Why are you worried about your rockers, you will never take it off road anyway.

Wow, looking at your recent posts, you have been busy today. Now stop messing with your Mommy and Daddy's computer.

BuzzH3 09-18-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BABHUMV
Being the 1st to get them, I can say nothing but praises. The Rails not only look great, but hold up to some pretty tough bangs and drags. As for the shop, their facility was well organized and some cool looking machines. If Glenn is out of town, make sure to get ahold of him when he gets back, he will take care of it. Oh, and their products carries a lifetime guarantee too.

Do you know his email address? I have been sending emails to
gwbuild@rocky-road.com along with another address of the person that anwered the phone, but no one will respond to me. When I told the person on the phone that I just wanted to return them and get my money back, he said to have a nice day and hung up on me. I believe that it was Joshua that I talked to on the phone.

I agree with you that the rails look very solid and I understand that accidents happen, but I'm just aggravated with their lack of response. Also, the fact that they aren't shipped in a box, there is no instructions, warranty information, receipt, or paperwork of any kind packed with it. One of the bolts they sent was wrong. I'm sorry, but to me it sounds like 1 guy working out of his garage in his spare time and making his kids help him. It just doesn't look very professional. Plus the shipping charges that they estimated were way off and they ended up charging me an extra $40+ for ground shipping. Just an absolutely horrible experience.

dochummer 09-18-2006 11:19 PM

Yep, that's glenn's email address. He's been out of town since the 4th of this month, and said he'd be out of town for three weeks. I'm sure when glenn get's back, he'll take care of it. He's always been quick to respond to my questions... Sorry to hear about your problems, again, my experience has been similar to Babhumv's and I have nothing but praises for them. My previous purchase from them was shipped just like yours - wrapped the crap out of it in plastic wrap - surprised, but there was no damage to them - It did include all the necessary hardware, install instructions and receipt... Hopefully, you're experience is only an isolated incident... Good luck...

Additionally, when I spoke with them, they did mention they were rushing to get the H3 bars made to fill the orders...They had just sent out 2 more sets on Tuesday last week when I talked to them...Sounds like they might have just been rushing too fast...

dochummer 09-18-2006 11:44 PM

Another thought, I just recently shipped a large package out, and the difference in shipping from my original estimate of August 7th to the final estimate on August 27th was $40 for DHL. The increase happened sometime between those two dates. My guess would be that their shipping calculator has not been updated with the new rates, or the system itself hasn't been updated...In any event, it sucks for both the buyer and seller because of the misunderstandings and increased costs....

From their checkout screen ---------
Please note:
1)All returns are ONLY elligible for in-store credit. No cash (or credit card) refunds.
2) If you must have your part for a certain deadline or are considering expedited shipping, please call to check stock before placing your order.
International order (except to Canada) will only be shipped by DHL or Postal Global EMS service.

Urban Ops 09-19-2006 09:56 PM

Here's a few highlights as to why I do not recommend doing business with them on top of what BuxxH3 is dealing with. Now keep in mind this a samurai stuff. That doesn't matter though, it's still the same company.

I first ordered a pair of rock sliders and a lift kit set-up but told them to delete the shock mounts, driveline extentions, and Z-link. They said no problem, and adjusted the cost of the kit. 3 weeks later I call looking for my kit, they said they were waiting for the Z-link. I told them I deleted the Z-link and he said "Oh, I see that now". Another week passes and the kit finally arrives, with the shock mounts, driveline extentions, and Z-link. And my card was charged for the full amount. When I call them they say "just ship them back and we will credit your card'. I ask if they are going to pay for shipping back and they tell me "no". At this point I still don't have my sliders. Well I was new at all this so I bit it and sent them back and I cancelled the sliders. It took over a month and a bunch of phone calls to get my card credited. During that time I get a call telling me my rock sliders are ready and they are trying to bill my card. Good thing I hadn't received that credit yet. Within 2 months of installing the lift, one of the Doetch Tech shocks they sent with the kit started leaking. I called RRO and they said I had to send it back to them and buy a new one. When they received credit for the leaky one I would get my credit for it. I told them I didn't buy it from DT so I shouldn't have to wait for them to get the credit. RRO didn't give a rats ass about what I thought told me thats the way it is.
Their customer service sucks. They are unorganized and immature. End :rant:

Cal 09-20-2006 03:00 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, i think ill go with the Factory ones then :beerchug:

fourfourto 09-24-2006 03:24 PM

Anyone have pics of the rocky raod rails? on a 3.
Also how much are they.Where can you get them.
I like that you can use them as a step.

My side steps are limiting me to much.

Urban Ops 09-24-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto
Anyone have pics of the rocky raod rails? on a 3.
Also how much are they.Where can you get them.
I like that you can use them as a step.

My side steps are limiting me to much.

Go here: http://www.rocky-road.com/H3rockrail.html