Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Food Saver (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35097)

KenP 08-18-2008 04:08 AM

Food Saver

Anyone else have a Food Saver?

We got one a couple of weeks ago and have used it a few times.

I did a couple of pork butts 4 days ago, separated the leftovers into about 1lb packs and froze them. Tonight we just grabbed a bag, put it in a simmering pot of water until hot, cut open the bag and served.

It smelled and tasted just like it came off the smoker.:jump:

Big Dad 08-18-2008 07:26 AM

Re: Food Saver

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
Anyone else have a Food Saver?

We got one a couple of weeks ago and have used it a few times.

I did a couple of pork butts 4 days ago, separated the leftovers into about 1lb packs and froze them. Tonight we just grabbed a bag, put it in a simmering pot of water until hot, cut open the bag and served.

It smelled and tasted just like it came off the smoker.:jump:

OMG, I can't believe you'd say that here!

Yeah, we got one...use it all the time to vacuum pack the red salmon we pull out of the Copper river. And, on the silvers, reds, and kings we get out of the Kenai river. Most of those get smoked first.

We use it on Caribou and Moose too.

My favorite thing to do is cut the meat marinade time by using it. Throw meat and marinade in the unit and presto - it's a done deal.

I also throw some marinade or lemon slices in the bag with ruffed grouse, spruce grouse, or rabbit - vacuum it and throw it in the freezer. Then when you bust it open all you have to do is throw it on the grill. But then again, where I live there is no limit for rabbits and each person is allowed 15 grouse per day.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 08-18-2008 01:35 PM

I had one since they first came on the market...

they work great and can save you lots of money...

wpage 08-18-2008 03:32 PM

Who makes the food saver?

DRTYFN 08-18-2008 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
I did a couple of pork butts 4 days ago...

You dun wored them out.:jump:

RubHer Yellow Ducky 08-18-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpage
Who makes the food saver?

The one I have now is a Kenmore, my original was a Tilia...

splne1 08-02-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
You dun wored them out.:jump:

Ya can always count on DRTY to come up with something very blunt!!!:giggling:

frenzy1 08-03-2010 09:32 PM

:perfect10s: unknown to us in Belgium ! But ROFL !

Scarsman 08-08-2010 03:08 AM

They are awesome. We make up a giant pot of spaghetti sauce, then scoop enough for a meal into something like a bread pans, and put them in the freezer. When they freeze you have nice bricks, which you put in bags and seal. Then you just get them out of the freezer and you have an instant homemade dinner.

This method works great for any liquid food; soups, sauces, chili etc.

My wife also will make huge batches of cookie dough and brownie batter, and divide it up into small portions. Then you can just bake up fresh cookies in no time with no prep or mess. And then we only have a dozen or so, 'cause if she makes the whole lot I can't stop eating them! The cool thing is you forget about them, and then one day you are looking in the freezer and find cookie dough!