Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Door Problem (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15933)

killian 05-26-2005 09:13 PM

First real complaint:
My back passenger door won't open from the inside,
it appears to be a latch issue. It will have to go the dealer. It opens from the inside fine.

killian 05-26-2005 09:13 PM

First real complaint:
it appears to be a latch issue. It will have to go the dealer. It opens from the inside fine.

timgco 05-26-2005 09:46 PM

check the child saftey lock on the door?

VTSTOMPER 05-27-2005 12:47 AM

I totally bet that is what it is! My SUT had one on, and one off when I picked it up! Must be the tire kickers.

HummerNewbie 05-27-2005 11:06 AM

Doesn't the child safety lock work the opposite of Killian's problem? It is so kids can't open it from inside right?

h2co-pilot 05-27-2005 11:41 AM

He said inside twice. The new car smell must be getting to him.

HummerNewbie 05-27-2005 11:53 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
He said inside twice. The new car smell must be getting to him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sure wish I had the new H3 smell problem myself

killian 05-27-2005 12:47 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:
First real complaint:
It opens from the inside fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, so I've been sniffing glue again. What I meant to say is that it won't open from the inside (intermittently) but it opens from the outside just fine. The first thing that I did was check for a child safety lock. I didn't look real hard, but I didn't see one. If there is one there then it's not in the usual place by the latch. It's odd, I can hear the handle linkage pulling on the latch, and it springs back fine but it won't open. I'm going out to have another look, and to sniff more glue.

KenP 05-29-2005 01:35 AM

Damn, first recall discovered by Killian. Good job, buddy. Way to ruin the name. You should have kept your trap shut. :lots of winks and smiles:

funpilot 06-12-2005 08:52 PM

That should be easy to fix...I am more worried about leaks and rust.

The Green Lantern 01-08-2007 07:38 AM

Re: Door Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
check the child saftey lock on the door?

The H3 doesn't have child safety lock, I think. :D

RubHer Yellow Ducky 01-08-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green Lantern
The H3 doesn't have child safety lock, I think. :D

I think your right...

RYD

K9sH3 01-08-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killian
First real complaint:

Very weird, mine is doing the exact thing. I am going to the dealer today. The driver side rear door will not open from the inside. I have no child lock that I can see.
It is funny though when your friends kids can't get out :giggling: