Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   HUMMER Dealers (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   SUTLIFF HUMMER HARRISBURG PA (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14551)

hmer 03-03-2006 05:10 AM

has anyone been there??

Scouts Out 03-03-2006 09:33 PM

While I was out in Harrisburg ,before I bought mine, I stopped there and looked. The salesman pissed me off real quick. I can not speak for the dealer but just one portly salesman. He cam out scowing that it was cold, then was pissed when I let him know I had a GMID number ("I will have to check to see if my boss will take that"). He asked if I would come back the next day to talk more cause it was close to closing time. Not what I was looking for, I am sure the dealer is better than this guy

KenP 03-04-2006 04:40 AM

Stupid salesman! I hate that. If he would have pulled that crap with me I'd have walked right in and looked for the manager explaining that I wanted to buy a new truck and that guy's an arse. I won't deal with him.

I actually did that at a Buick dealership once.

frank6150 03-08-2006 03:13 PM

CO Hummer = PWNED

partsguy 03-12-2006 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Scouts Out:
While I was out in Harrisburg ,before I bought mine, I stopped there and looked. The salesman pissed me off real quick. I can not speak for the dealer but just one portly salesman. He cam out scowing that it was cold, then was pissed when I let him know I had a GMID number ("I will have to check to see if my boss will take that"). He asked if I would come back the next day to talk more cause it was close to closing time. Not what I was looking for, I am sure the dealer is better than this guy
Well...sorry that happened to you,but at this single point dealership we try to make sure that a person is treated just like a person. You may have caught him at a human moment.
I know I've dealt with a lot of you folks and treated everyone with fairness and total respect.
I would say more but I do not want to step on the Hummer dealer's that advertise here when we do not.

Anyway.. please do not make up your mind about this dealership with just this ONE complaint.

See ya!

cougar2 04-13-2006 09:29 PM

FYI - Sutliff Hummer has a Sutliff Hummer Club Happening scheduled for next week at a new location in Central PA !!! Their events are always a great time for the entire family. I bought my Hummer from them 2.5 years ago. They have a fantastic staff/team at the dealership. They offer excellent service and support, too !!!
When you are ready to start shopping for your Hummer, make sure you look them up !!!

Aubs 04-14-2006 12:37 PM

Well, I have to say that I've not had the best experiences here either. I went to get an H3 for my wife, had everything close to being worked out, and then called another dealer and found out I could save at least a grand. So needless to say the salesman at Sutliff was pissed. They refused to drop $1000 to get the deal done. I walked, and now they don't really want to even talk to me there.

Later, I had to bring the H3 in there for some work (the infamous Stablity/Traction/Encoder Motor problem!), and I spent all day waiting for them to fix it, and from what I can tell, they did NOTHING! The receipt said "attached loose wires". So obviously the problem appeared again in a few days. I was traveling out West, and stopped at Lynch, and they took care of the problem, knew exactly what it was, and were quick. Sutliff, as most Hummer dealers, knows almost nothing about the vehicle, does little research, and probably simply cares only about their bottom line. I mean, walk in there knowing anything about the cars, and you will know more than the salesman. Read the sales brochure and you'll get better, more accurate information. It's quite sad!

I've also had my H2 in for a rear seat cable fix that went bad within a month. And they don't really want to know what your problems are with they vehicle. Chuck, the service manager or rep or whatever, seems like he could care less as he text messages away on his cell phone.

Overall, I hope that GM knocks these guys into shape. They're a sad excuse for a dealership.

But their events are fun. However, I think that has more to do with the locations and guides they choose.

Joe 04-14-2006 01:58 PM

If your up for it I'd recommend taking a trip down to NuCar in Wilmington DE. Good group of guys and they have been in the Hummer game a long time.

p.s. and I say this even after the bastards didn't invite me to there recent Hummer Happening

Aubs 04-14-2006 02:31 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I am in Lake Placid, Ny right now, and soon I'll be about in Colorado. There is no decent dealer here that I can go to without driving at least 2.5 hours. In Colorado, there's at least one dealer right as you come down into Denver, but I don't know anything about them...

Nice webpage BTW. I got my wife's H3 at Armen though I wasn't very happy with them. They go the wrong options, and our salesman was a jerk... He told us that if we weren't 100% satisfied, we shouldn't fill out the dealer/salesman review. So he got bad marks. But glad it worked out for you. Maybe I'll try NuCar if I'm ever in that area again.

Andy C 04-15-2006 06:36 PM

I have to say that I had no complaints about Sutliff - I bought from them and was very happy - and they do lay on some great events.

HUMR 04-20-2006 12:46 AM

yeah ill be there this sunday the 23 , will be my first event

HUMR 04-24-2006 12:13 AM

Andy did you go ? they had one goin on today (sunday the 23) but i was not able to go , family Bday this sunday thats why i was not able to go .

MrAgent007 06-08-2006 07:42 PM

Re: SUTLIFF HUMMER HARRISBURG PA

Hello AUBS, I hope you are doing well these days. I have been a customer of Sutliff Hummer for years and my experience has been that they provide flawless service to my 2004 H1 Wagon. All components of the referenced dealer have always gone above and beyond the call of duty. I am sorry you have had a bad experience with Sutliff Hummer. By the way, when are you going to purchase a real hummer? Have a great day!

Aubs 06-09-2006 01:30 AM

You speak as though you might know me...?

I'm glad Sutliff has been good to you. They've got a good selection compared to places I've been in Colorado, and their building is nice. I still can't say I like the sales staff entirely, or that my service visits have been good. But maybe they take better care of "real" Hummer owners. ;) You're the guys that spend the big bucks.

And when I have enough money to afford an H1, it will be in my garage...:D

MrAgent007 06-09-2006 02:23 PM

Hello Aubs, Big 10-4! When you do get your new H1, you will wish you had purchased it years ago. Hopefully you will get it sooner than later. Have a great day!

Scouts Out 06-20-2006 04:53 AM

OK, You know you like to give everyone a benefit of the doubt but my frined Jim was looking for an H3, lives in Harrisburg, went to Sutliff and called me and drove to Pittsburgh to buy from Wright. He said they would not deal, impied they would not take the GMID, told him they were selling for over sticker. All this as he let them know he needed to buy one for his wife soon as he was leaving for the sandbox.

partsguy 06-30-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scouts Out
OK, You know you like to give everyone a benefit of the doubt but my frined Jim was looking for an H3, lives in Harrisburg, went to Sutliff and called me and drove to Pittsburgh to buy from Wright. He said they would not deal, impied they would not take the GMID, told him they were selling for over sticker. All this as he let them know he needed to buy one for his wife soon as he was leaving for the sandbox.

GMID is GMs money not the dealerships... They get that back.
Selling over sticker has never happened even when new.This company has been in buisness since 1931, don't think that could have happened by doing people wrong all those years.Maybe a misunderstanding but not the way you have discribed.
Sorry if he did not feel he got the treatment he felt he deserved.As with him being in the armed forces I wish him a speedy and safe return.

timgco 07-16-2006 01:31 AM

I'm not sure about the dealer, but i do know that the parts guy there can be trusted and even put into your will. He will deal with you like close family! No BS, no wrong parts, and great customer service. now all we have to do is get him to teach the salesman.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 07-18-2006 03:11 AM

I have dealt with Sutliff from a distance and I know they have had alot of chnages the last few months and told for the better. I know when We are buidling a project in Our shop if weneed factory We call partsguy and not Our local shop. I have never had the help offered as much as I have from this dealer. I'm a long way off but, with the treatment I have gotten i would look at making a deal there and driving it home. I think a guy could get real good treatment as of now with the changes made. I know I just recommend taking a look at Sutliff and do not get scared off over a few incidents. Locally at Our dealer You get mixed treatment because they are human. My service dept. at Landers Hummer is the best. He knows what We are doing with trying to push power with factory block and heads to see what we can get and i have a green light for a new motor if i need it while making the attempt. We are getting ready to add a water/methanol injection along with a CO2 spray on the after cooler. We went with a functioning reverse cowl hoood scoop to take the CO2 out before it can get in the fresh air intake and chock it done. The hood scoop has been mentioned on here before and they sponsored Me and it has worked great. He has bumpers of all kinds to add at different levels of covering or accenting the front and rear bumpers. I will be using some soon. We are doing a few more things and i hope to get photos of the chnange in My beast. Some will love and some will hate but it will not be anything like you have seen much of.

But, I would like to recommend Sutliff Hummer though based on My experience.

TAZ

partsguy 07-19-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
I'm not sure about the dealer, but i do know that the parts guy there can be trusted and even put into your will. He will deal with you like close family! No BS, no wrong parts, and great customer service. now all we have to do is get him to teach the salesman.

Didn't see any papers for the will yet.