Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New H3 in storage (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41379)

Hummer3 06-19-2011 07:09 PM

New H3 in storage

Need advice......

I special ordered a 2006 H3 with every option, even the engine block heater, and put it in storage....never been dirty or rained on....

I don't need it.....should I continue to keep it in storage? How many years will it take for it to reverse its depreciation....or will it ever?

hummeraddict 06-19-2011 10:36 PM

Re: New H3 in storage

My personal opinion is that it won't reverse depreciation because of the fact that there are too many out there. I don't think its going to be like some kind of classic car where you could auction it off at Barrett Jackson for $250,000. If you love the car keep it, if you have no use for it sell it. Just my opinion. Maybe someone else will chime in on it.

Hummer3 06-20-2011 10:35 PM

I agree.....I am going to continue to store it until I retire...it is a classic.

Big.Z.hummin 06-22-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hummer3
I agree.....I am going to continue to store it until I retire...it is a classic.

so its never even been driven?

Hummer3 06-22-2011 10:13 PM

Its mint....200 miles....I drive it around the block every couple of months.

wpage 06-24-2011 03:06 AM

If you can afford to keep it for a while...

Inflation will kick in over time and it will gain value. How long is the question.

100 years ago a ounce of gold was worth 20 bucks.

seventwozero 07-01-2011 01:10 AM

If it were a special model like an Alpha or Tactical I would be more inclined to store it than your average I5 H3. That isn't saying years down the road the truck you have won't be worth nice cash, it's sort of like a base GTO versus a Judge.

Like others have said, If you can afford to store it, enjoy owning it and using it as a Sunday driver or whatever, there is no reason not to keep it, right? If I had the cash to do that I would pick up one of the 09' Black Chrome H2's and stuff it into storage till I'm old and withered :giggling:

Big.Z.hummin 07-08-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seventwozero
If it were a special model like an Alpha or Tactical I would be more inclined to store it than your average I5 H3. That isn't saying years down the road the truck you have won't be worth nice cash, it's sort of like a base GTO versus a Judge.

Like others have said, If you can afford to store it, enjoy owning it and using it as a Sunday driver or whatever, there is no reason not to keep it, right? If I had the cash to do that I would pick up one of the 09' Black Chrome H2's and stuff it into storage till I'm old and withered :giggling:

but those 09' black chromes are about as rare as the holy grail itself! i think i read somewhere they only produced like 4? either way they would be worth some serious dough one day. and they look sexy as hell