Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   H3 Classifieds (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   H3 winch mounts for sale (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18374)

CrisB 07-10-2006 07:21 PM

H3 winch mounts for sale

4 Attachment(s)
I've got 4 being delivered next week, taking orders now.

$325.00 each + shipping, coated with black Rubbergard.

5/16" steel, lasercut. 10x4.5" winch bolt pattern, 10" fairlead bolt pattern. Fits with or without stock grill guard. Cutout to show front license plate, no effect on approach angle. Tested with Warn xd9000i winch.

313-407-3693
Call with questions or to place your order!
Cris Burkhalter

blindzebra 07-10-2006 08:41 PM

Re: H3 winch mounts for sale

i like the concept but 325 seems a bit steep for this mount. Anyone else with thoughts?

fourfourto 07-12-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindzebra
i like the concept but 325 seems a bit steep for this mount. Anyone else with thoughts?

X2

Cris Burkhalter vbmenu_register("postmenu_267763", true);

It would be nice :D if you could list the plans and specs on your design so us do it your selfers can fabricate one of our own.:rolleyes:

You will make alot of friends :D :cool:

CrisB 07-17-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto

It would be nice :D if you could list the plans and specs on your design so us do it your selfers can fabricate one of our own.:rolleyes:

You will make alot of friends :D :cool:

I love making new friends, but I did put a lot of time & energy into this design, and figure if I can sell a few I can make back my investment in R&D & that fine Warn winch. I've emailed flyers to most Hummer dealerships around the country, just want to recoup my $$, then I'll share! I don't really want to get into the shipping business too far.

What price do you guys think is fair? This is a fine piece of work, laser cut & made to fit...why spend the time & effort to fab one when I've done the hard work? There's nothing like it on the market.

Cris

H3 Hummer 07-17-2006 07:31 PM

Is your item Patent Pending? Considering the price of a new hitch and the price of the other designs out there, I think $199.00 would be fair.

Agriv8r 07-17-2006 07:58 PM

looks like a nice kit

Ipedog 07-17-2006 08:12 PM

Cris -

I like the work that you've done and appreciate the effort. However I think that $325 is way too high for what this item is.

Price this at $200-225 and I think that you'll probably sell a bunch.

HummerNewbie 07-17-2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipedog
Price this at $200-225 and I think that you'll probably sell a bunch.

X2, at that price I would definitely be in for one. You have done a great job and I certainly understand wanting/needing to recoup your cash and time investment but when you can get the bumper mount for $650 it does make it a tougher sell at $325 I think.

CrisB 07-17-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerNewbie
X2, at that price I would definitely be in for one. You have done a great job and I certainly understand wanting/needing to recoup your cash and time investment but when you can get the bumper mount for $650 it does make it a tougher sell at $325 I think.

OK, you've all convinced me. Members of this forum can purchase for $225 + shipping, I'll save the big price for the outside world. You're the ones that helped me to find the right balance of ideas, and I'm not out to make a lot off this (c'mon...the market isn't that big). Honestly, they cost me around $190 each, and I'm picking up 4 tomorrow....I don't really want to sit on them or use 'em for ballast, I want you guys to put them to good use.

H3Hummer, why do you ask about Patent? You want to buy my plans? I wasn't thinking about having to police the world to see if anyone copied it....

HummerNewbie 07-17-2006 09:22 PM

I'll send you a PM in a minute.

SeattleH3 07-19-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cris Burkhalter
OK, you've all convinced me. Members of this forum can purchase for $225 + shipping, I'll save the big price for the outside world. You're the ones that helped me to find the right balance of ideas, and I'm not out to make a lot off this (c'mon...the market isn't that big). Honestly, they cost me around $190 each, and I'm picking up 4 tomorrow....I don't really want to sit on them or use 'em for ballast, I want you guys to put them to good use.

H3Hummer, why do you ask about Patent? You want to buy my plans? I wasn't thinking about having to police the world to see if anyone copied it....

I'm interested at this price. Do you have any pics of the mount unmounted?
Thanks-

CrisB 07-19-2006 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleH3
I'm interested at this price. Do you have any pics of the mount unmounted?
Thanks-

Pic attached, I just picked up the first batch today.

EDIT- this is of the prototype, edges are a little rough...finals are lasercut

HummerNewbie 07-19-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cris Burkhalter
Pic attached, I just picked up the first batch today.

Looking good. Winch ordered and looking forward to installing :)

SeattleH3 07-20-2006 01:14 AM

What does it weigh? How much shipped to Seattle, 98199?

Thanks again -

HummerNewbie 07-20-2006 01:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks again -

I can't answer but I was actually surprised how cheap to FL.

CrisB 07-24-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Thanks again -

weighs 40.5 lbs, UPS Ground to Seattle is $65.00

CrisB 07-24-2006 02:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Side pic with stock grill guard

GotSandH3 07-24-2006 05:34 AM

Looking at the mount in that picture, it looks like its ment for a H3 with a grill guard. Well what if you dont have a grill guard. It might look weird sticking out that far. Anyway of making one so that it sits closer to the grill??

CrisB 07-24-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotSandH3
Looking at the mount in that picture, it looks like its ment for a H3 with a grill guard. Well what if you dont have a grill guard. It might look weird sticking out that far. Anyway of making one so that it sits closer to the grill??

They're already made as is, mount only extends 8" out from grill, the idea was to design it so it would fit with or without the stock guard. I had it on for a week without the grill guard to see how it looked, it really doesn't stick out that far, looks like it belongs there.

SeattleH3 07-24-2006 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotSandH3

I have to agree. I was sold from the front but from the side it doesn't look as good. It looks like a good funtional product I just don't like how far out it is, especially the fairlead.