Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   increased Seating Capacity (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2287)

kacyk 09-14-2005 01:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We had third row bench seats installed on both of our H2's (5 kids). The cargo area of the H3 is small but I did find a place that might have a solution for those of us with a small basketball team.

The following pics are of a seat that mounts on the existing cargo anchor holes (no drilling!) and folds up. The seat faces inwards. Theorectically there is room for two seats that face each other but leg room will be tight. My wife uses her car for carpooling the kids to school and groceries so this should work. It comes is leather and vinyl.

I prefer a rear facing bench but I can't find anything yet. Does anyone have any other ideas or leads?

We had third row bench seats installed on both of our H2's (5 kids). The cargo area of the H3 is small but I did find a place that might have a solution for those of us with a small basketball team.

The following pics are of a seat that mounts on the existing cargo anchor holes (no drilling!) and folds up. The seat faces inwards. Theorectically there is room for two seats that face each other but leg room will be tight. My wife uses her car for carpooling the kids to school and groceries so this should work. It comes is leather and vinyl.

I prefer a rear facing bench but I can't find anything yet. Does anyone have any other ideas or leads?

1 Attachment(s)
folded

kacyk 09-14-2005 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
front view. this is the tall version of the seat. if i get it i'll get the short version

hmrlvr 09-14-2005 01:38 AM

Looks cool. Where can we get them? Send pictures if you insall them. I will likely do the same. You can never have too many seats, unless your kids friends drive you nuts!!

kacyk 09-14-2005 01:40 AM

The back row seats are my kids favorite. They thinks it's cool to be able to make faces at cars behind us.

Game Over 09-14-2005 03:06 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hmrlvr:
Looks cool. Where can we get them? Send pictures if you insall them. I will likely do the same. You can never have too many seats, unless your kids friends drive you nuts!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Second that...I too am lookin' at adding 3rd row seating..please post a link where we can get them..BTW not that it matters a lot but does the seat material/cover match the factory ones ?

dochummer 09-14-2005 03:20 AM

I was wondering how you were going to solve that problem Are you going to throw a roof rack on for extra cargo?

kacyk 09-14-2005 03:37 AM

Yeah, a roof rack would be nice but we usually take the Suburban when we all go out. The H3 is basically an around the town vehicle for the wife. Aside from the gas issue, she had some difficulty finding parking at the gym, parks, malls, etc.