Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   JK vs. H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21759)

ajburton13 10-30-2006 02:13 PM

JK vs. H3

I am trying to decide between a JK and H3, with GMID pricing and additional $3500 off for rebates & incentives, the two are basically the same price, I got the JK at $500 over invoice. I like the feel of the H3, but I have always wanted a Wrangler. So......any thoughts?

buy_a_legend 10-30-2006 02:28 PM

Re: JK vs. H3

Buy the JK = Rubi 4 Door Unlimited,....H3 doesn't even come close. Or you can buy the JK 4 Door Unlimited "X" & load it with needed options, now the H3 & JK will be close.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 10-30-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajburton13
I am trying to decide between a JK and H3, with GMID pricing and additional $3500 off for rebates & incentives, the two are basically the same price, I got the JK at $500 over invoice. I like the feel of the H3, but I have always wanted a Wrangler. So......any thoughts?

With ALL DUE RESPECT buy the jeep. Leave the the H-3 for us OLDER People because we need the Quiet Leather Interior, the Wonderful Sound System, the Good Looking Vehicle, The Power Windows, The Cruise Control, the Power Seats, The Look and Endearment of All those Good Lookin Women as we drive by, the Good Fuel Mileage, the Great Off Road Experience, the Envey of Most of the Driving Public...

ALL IN A SINGLE VEHICLE

again with all due respect

RYD

buy_a_legend 10-30-2006 02:52 PM

He's absolutely correct,....but still buy the JK 4 Door unlimited because leather & power seats will not get you home. If you decide on the H3 make sure you get SFA, front & rear lockers with 44's, E-Disc, removable roof. removable doors, and a also ask for the one that's a legend, and watch the salesman's face(priceless).

RubHer Yellow Ducky 10-30-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buy_a_legend
He's absolutely correct,....but still buy the JK 4 Door unlimited because leather & power seats will not get you home. If you decide on the H3 make sure you get SFA, front & rear lockers with 44's, E-Disc, removable roof. removable doors, and a also ask for the one that's a legend, and watch the salesman's face(priceless).

Thats the thing: "they will get you home in style and in comfort"

BUT

PLEASE BUY THE JEEP,

CAUSE

There ain't enought H-3's to go around for the good people...

LOL

RYD

buy_a_legend 10-30-2006 03:05 PM

Again,
Please send me a picture of the Salesmans Face......I need a life time memory.

PARAGON 10-30-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajburton13

What do you want one for?

If you want the real deal wheeler, get a JK Rubi. If you will be doing lots of mods you can get a Sahara or X but get the Rubi if you want to take it off the pavement off the dealer lot.

If you want the leather get the H3.

Past that, IMO, this is where GM has to play catch up. For the fun factor you can't beat a JK 4 door. Pop the top, take the doors off, Sirius satellite nav radio, more room than the H3, etc. The JK wins hands down.

ajburton13 10-30-2006 05:08 PM

I'm not looking for a real hardcore 4 wheeler, something good for snow, and some rock climbing up in the mountains. Right now, i am going with a X and modifying it, probably a 2 inch budget lift, upgrade on tires/wheels. I like the feel of the H3, and I think it would suit my needs in stock form, I do not care about leather and all of that, I am getting a pretty basic adventure package, well if my dealer can locate a '06.

Desert Dan 10-30-2006 05:31 PM

if you get a JK get the Rubicon.. Much better than trying to add and upgrade later.

You wont be sorry

It is all under waranty too.

KenP 10-30-2006 05:37 PM

For what it sounds like you want to do, the H3 will be great and very comfortable.

If you'd have said you were going to wheel the truck pretty hard then I would say get the JK.

The H3 is just so much nicer in the interior appointments and wheels great.

BTW, that's a good price on the JK. I can get one for $750 over invoice. Jeepwarehouse charges $500 over, plus $250 to the delivering dealership. My local dealership agreed to match it.

ajburton13 10-30-2006 05:54 PM

Yeah, the invoice is 25,500 and I'm getting it for 26k, and it's in stock. I am trying to get them to switch out the tires/wheels to Rubicon for me, and/or pay tax,tags, etc. That would pretty much lock it up.

usetosellhummer 10-30-2006 06:16 PM

Buy the heap

buy_a_legend 10-30-2006 06:17 PM

The way you make it sound, go with the Rubi, because you have what you need right out of the box, plus just with a 2' lift & Wheels you're not be tearing the Rubi apart & rebuilding everything.(That wouldn't make any sense $$$$$). If you were, then you should buy the "X" , then buy all the goodie's(there's a ton out there) to make it a supreme wheeler. If you want great comfort & luxury , the H3 has it hands down, plus you wouldn't have any trouble wheelin considering what you want to do.
Here's a thought, ....All 3 Companies( JK, H3, & FJ) ought to get together and make (1) supreme beast( Hybrid ).....no dispute then, problem though, > all 3 of the forums would shut down(nothing to argue about) no fun then........ What the he#$ would you call the beast , maybe (Cuis-hum-Jeep) or (Jeep-Hum-Cruis) or (????????????)........

KenP 10-30-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buy_a_legend
What the he#$ would you call the beast , maybe (Cuis-hum-Jeep) or (Jeep-Hum-Cruis) or (????????????)........

Probably Ugly.:clapping:

buy_a_legend 10-30-2006 06:49 PM

Your probably right,...bad idea

BlueTJCO 10-30-2006 06:57 PM

I say go with the H3.......The JK sucks. Jeeps suck.

buy_a_legend 10-30-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooncricket
I say go with the H3.......The JK sucks. Jeeps suck.

26 yr old, WoW! your Daddy ought to smack for being on the PC withoiut him knowing it. Now go to the corner on a time out little boy ,, you don't have a enough time in life to make any comment, any decision, or anything..period. Only speak when a your elders allows you to. God boy, your still ****#$% Yellow.

K9sH3 10-30-2006 07:14 PM

I can consentrate on this thread, Ken P's icon is making my ADHD work overtime!

ajburton13 10-30-2006 07:18 PM

Ha, I'm only 25, the Jeep is looking like it's going to win, because well Hummer is slow to call me back. Has anyone here had anything bad happen to their H3, i.e. some spineless b*tch keying it, because I've heard that happens some with Hummers.

K9sH3 10-30-2006 07:41 PM

Go another Hummer dealer if the first one won't call or deal. As for the spineless biatches out there, Man I hope that doesn't happen to you, me or anyone else. I have never understood why destroy another mans property. If someone has a problem with me, come to me. Not my H3, house, wife or kids.