Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Well, I traded it in (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44531)

wasp1971 09-17-2013 04:35 AM

Well, I traded it in

As the title suggests I traded the HUMMER in a couple of weeks ago. We ended up going with a 2013 VW Passat TDI. You can probably deduce we did this for gas mileage purposes. My wife was driving the HUMMER so much that it was costing us between $500-$600 a month in gas. I'll still check in once in a while to see if I can be of assistance to anybody.

glennf1 09-21-2013 03:30 AM

Re: Well, I traded it in

Butttt.... now you just fade away into the sea of camry's on the highway.

Wibs 09-21-2013 03:54 AM

Should have just kept the H2 for the weekend, and get a fuel efficient car for the weekdays.

So my H2 just stays in the garage on weekdays, and I will drive her on the weekend.

LoJac963 09-21-2013 05:16 PM

I wish I could afford a more fuel efficient vehicle right now and just garage the 2 but that's not happening......

glennf1 09-22-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wibs
Should have just kept the H2 for the weekend, and get a fuel efficient car for the weekdays.

So my H2 just stays in the garage on weekdays, and I will drive her on the weekend.

Exactly what I do too.

jsbihn 09-22-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I wish I could afford a more fuel efficient vehicle right now and just garage the 2 but that's not happening......

Yeah I agree.
I have too many toys and could get rid of one to make way for something economical, but ummmmm I dont wanna :D
Guess I have to wait til I win powerball :violin:

guruerror 09-23-2013 01:59 AM

I bought a Harley to offset my carbon footprint...plus it's the only thing that will fit in the garage WITH the truck.

Rooster 10-02-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
I bought a Harley to offset my carbon footprint...plus it's the only thing that will fit in the garage WITH the truck.

Hahah, mines a 10 mnute excersize in futility to get into the garage. So it just sits outside patiently waiting for the weekends...

iwillnc 10-02-2013 02:36 PM

It's funny mine would only fit in the detached garage not attached, but the detached garage door was capricious as hell, it would sometimes lift the door all the way, sometimes be 2 foot low and sometimes be anywhere in between.

orlasttoy 10-19-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasp1971
As the title suggests I traded the HUMMER in a couple of weeks ago. We ended up going with a 2013 VW Passat TDI. You can probably deduce we did this for gas mileage purposes. My wife was driving the HUMMER so much that it was costing us between $500-$600 a month in gas. I'll still check in once in a while to see if I can be of assistance to anybody.

if you dont mind me asking, whadja get for it? (only because I'm trading mine in as well)
and what year, miles, etc...?
thanks!

blindellh2 10-19-2013 08:10 PM

Ive been trying to trade in my 2003 H2 adv edition, plenty of mods with 98K miles in great condition...
the best i was offered was $15K for it
i turned it down... now i cant get any other dealers to offer me that much for it...
most recent dealerships have been appraising it around $11-12k :(

orlasttoy 10-19-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindellh2
Ive been trying to trade in my 2003 H2 adv edition, plenty of mods with 98K miles in great condition...
the best i was offered was $15K for it
i turned it down... now i cant get any other dealers to offer me that much for it...
most recent dealerships have been appraising it around $11-12k :(

yep. best offer i've had was $12k & other dealers couldnt beat it.