Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Sunroof Issue. Anyone else experience? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23622)

Twulf 01-07-2007 01:32 PM

Sunroof Issue. Anyone else experience?

So far Im loving the new H3. But yesterday I did have an issue with the Sunroof.

Had the sunroof closed, and when I turned the car off, the roof automatically opened. (The vent portion) Went through many iterations of this.. (Turn car on, shut roof, turn car off, opens again) Had to turn the car on and off a few times to stop this from happening. Eventually got it while shutting roof and turning the instument knob on the left side somehow.

Has this happened to anyone else? Thought I would check here before I contacted dealer. Not sure if it was something I was doing.

K9sH3 01-07-2007 03:51 PM

Re: Sunroof Issue. Anyone else experience?

I found out if you push the roof close button before turning off engine it will start to close, But as soon as you turn it off and the sunroof hasn't fully closed it will reopen.
I normally hit the close button as I am heading up the driveway, so by the time I get parked it is closed already.

Hmmm2 01-07-2007 08:13 PM

I have never had that problem. But, what K9sH3 says makes sense. Are you closing the sunroof at the same time you are shutting off the engine? Let us know. ;)

westhillsat 01-07-2007 08:14 PM

I'm on my second H3, have had sunroofs on both.

No issues with either sunroof.

Sewie 01-07-2007 11:56 PM

Quit blowing ass in the truck. :giggling:

K9sH3 01-08-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewie
Quit blowing ass in the truck. :giggling:

Can't help it! I ate alot of Turkey during the Holidays...:D

Steve - SanJose 01-08-2007 01:22 AM

No issue with sunroof in 29,000 miles so far.

whaaaaT 01-08-2007 08:51 AM

lube up the track and the pop up wind deflector. The sunroof will pop back open if it feels a little bit of resistance. It happens when you turn off the car a lot because it gets less power to begin with. You'll here and see it slow down a little some times. So any little thing that slows it down more will push it over the edge and back it up. Mine use to do this. Doesnt anymore.

Twulf 01-08-2007 12:19 PM

No issues now. Hasn't done it since.

But no, I hadn't even touched the sunroof when it was doing this. Just shut the car off and the roof opened on its own. Strange..

Lex_Ordo 01-08-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaaaaT
lube up the track and the pop up wind deflector. The sunroof will pop back open if it feels a little bit of resistance. It happens when you turn off the car a lot because it gets less power to begin with. You'll here and see it slow down a little some times. So any little thing that slows it down more will push it over the edge and back it up. Mine use to do this. Doesnt anymore.

I believe he said that the issue was with the roof vent, not with the roof open.

K9sH3 01-08-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twulf
No issues now. Hasn't done it since.

But no, I hadn't even touched the sunroof when it was doing this. Just shut the car off and the roof opened on its own. Strange..

Dang, that is strange.

cheers