Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   !!Heads up about your XM Radio Subscription!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15796)

bparker 09-26-2005 05:30 PM

Well I was going to cancel the service anyways and switch to SIRIUS as its much better for my listening taste; however i just got an invoice in the mail today for 2 Days worth of service for 648.85!!!!

I am on the phone (on hold) with them right now trying to get this resolved and my account canceled and I am on my 3rd phone call as they keep hanging up on me when I tell them I want to cancel my service!!!

The average wait time to get them on the phone is about 30 mins and I am now on my 3RD CALL!

Now, as for the 648.85? Well my GF has XM too and she only pays 14.00 a month for the same "free" intro service I was getting with my new H3 and that sums up to a whoping 168.00 per year! How in the H E L L am I getting billed 648.85??? Thats 50 bucks a month!!!

Needless to say I am hot as heck right now and want you guys to be aware and to be expecting an bill like this in the mail soon!!!

Again I will scan the invoice if you want as my billing period says it from 09/18/2005 - 09/20/2005

bparker 09-26-2005 05:30 PM

Well I was going to cancel the service anyways and switch to SIRIUS as its much better for my listening taste; however i just got an invoice in the mail today for 2 Days worth of service for 648.85!!!!

I am on the phone (on hold) with them right now trying to get this resolved and my account canceled and I am on my 3rd phone call as they keep hanging up on me when I tell them I want to cancel my service!!!

The average wait time to get them on the phone is about 30 mins and I am now on my 3RD CALL!

Now, as for the 648.85? Well my GF has XM too and she only pays 14.00 a month for the same "free" intro service I was getting with my new H3 and that sums up to a whoping 168.00 per year! How in the H E L L am I getting billed 648.85??? Thats 50 bucks a month!!!

Needless to say I am hot as heck right now and want you guys to be aware and to be expecting an bill like this in the mail soon!!!

Again I will scan the invoice if you want as my billing period says it from 09/18/2005 - 09/20/2005

HIHUMMER 09-26-2005 05:34 PM

Let us know how you make out! And what do you mean your GF is paying for the free intro? Isn't free, free...or do I need to starting getting mad now??

SteveRH 09-26-2005 05:35 PM

If you tune your XM radio down to the lowest XM station - it gives you your radio #...
You should be able to set up an account online with that # and view your service..
I think anyway...

SteveRH 09-26-2005 05:36 PM

The free service includes an internet subscription too - I'm listening to Squizz 48 right now while working on my PC...

HummerNewbie 09-26-2005 05:36 PM

Is it an invoice or was it already charged to a credit or debit card? I would be pissed too but don't pop a vain, it is an obvious mistake and shouldn't take much to correct.

It is frustrating getting hung up on all the time. I went through that for 3 days last year dealing with Intuit's support people in India. Every time I got to a point where that person couldn't think of anything else they put me on hold then I was disconnected

bparker 09-26-2005 06:48 PM

Ok, I got this all straightened out.

They were charging me for 5yrs of service to be paid up front. Hence the large bill.

They assured me that as I cancel my service today that this invoice is satisfied and I owe them nothing.

Only time will tell, as something tells me that I will get a call from a collection agency in a few months down the road..... Lets just hope not.

Brent

bparker 09-26-2005 06:52 PM

Also, yes my invoice really says for 2 days of serivce = 648.85

They said its a "system error" or "printing error" but no joke its on there.

Hummer Guy 09-26-2005 06:55 PM

This is not abnormal, and they will just disconnect your service if you do not pay. Its required that dealers put the length of time at the time of purchase. If you purchase the car it is reported as 5 years, if you do a smart-buy or lease it is the respective term(3 or 4 years). Even with it reported as 5 years, you can contact XM and do whatever term length you want.

killian 09-27-2005 02:11 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bparker:
Also, yes my invoice really says for 2 days of serivce = 648.85

They said its a "system error" or "printing error" but no joke its on there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That reminds me of when AT&T sent me a $1,400 bill for a one minute long distance call. They maintained that the bill was accurate even though they couldn't tell me what number, or what galaxy I had supposedly dialed to rack up that kind of charge. I figured that maybe it was that phone sex line in the Barbell Nebula that I was calling. They have hot, live, alien on alien action.

It took me more than three months to sort out that bill. They switched off my long distance service and sent me to collections over the whole thing. That was 1995 and it still shows up on my credit report now and again.

bparker 09-27-2005 09:44 AM

mmmmmmm... "hot, live, alien on alien action"

/drool

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killian:
hot, live, alien on alien action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surferjo 09-27-2005 12:22 PM

Man I have Sirius in my Jeep now and it was only $500 for a lifetime subscription. But $648 for 2 days seems pretty good also

HummerNewbie 09-27-2005 12:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Surferjo:
Man I have Sirius in my Jeep now and it was only $500 for a lifetime subscription. But $648 for 2 days seems pretty good also </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, why bitch about it? You get the free online subscription also for you $648