Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Folding the back seat down (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10070)

HummerNewbie 07-15-2005 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have heard the complaints about how the back seat does not fold down flat and I can understand that. I have not seen the seats folded down myself but came across this photo. Is this all the further the seat goes down? If that is the case, I am shocked. That would be a completely terrible design F up. Please tell me that is not the case.

HummerNewbie 07-15-2005 08:54 PM

I have heard the complaints about how the back seat does not fold down flat and I can understand that. I have not seen the seats folded down myself but came across this photo. Is this all the further the seat goes down? If that is the case, I am shocked. That would be a completely terrible design F up. Please tell me that is not the case.

wannabeH3 07-15-2005 09:07 PM

thats not the case, they fold nearly flat... those seats have been folded forward without pulling out the seat bottoms to make them fold down more.... i can roll my lil crf50 dirtbike in there and tie it down with the tie down loops

HummerNewbie 07-15-2005 09:24 PM

That is good to know. Thanks Wannabe

Waiting on my Black H3 07-15-2005 09:30 PM

Has anyeone tried to put a 4x8 piece of plywood in a H3?

HummerNewbie 07-15-2005 09:40 PM

Not surprise to hear that question for a fellow Floridian

I have wondered the same thing.

wannabeH3 07-16-2005 12:35 AM

roof rails!

timgco 07-16-2005 02:19 AM

GOBI RACK?

BigBill 09-04-2007 04:54 PM

Re: Folding the back seat down

It would be nice if the rear seat headrests could be removed! There is no way I am going to move the two driver seats forward so that I can fold the rear seat back as I would have no room to drive!

Is there a way to completely remove the rear seat?

Bill

marin8703 09-04-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waiting on my Black H3
Has anyeone tried to put a 4x8 piece of plywood in a H3?

i've gotten 2x4x6 in tehre without a problem but havent tried x8. maybe if you put it up on the windshield it be ok.:)

fourfourto 09-04-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marin8703
i've gotten 2x4x6 in tehre without a problem but havent tried x8. maybe if you put it up on the windshield it be ok.:)

I had 12 foot deck planks on the roof,I dont like putting long boards or plywood in the back it might mess up the interior.The crossbows work well for big items.( I added 4 more tie downs now I have 4 on each side.)

RubHer Yellow Ducky 09-04-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBill
It would be nice if the rear seat headrests could be removed! That would be nice...There is no way I am going to move the two driver seats forward so that I can fold the rear seat back as I would have no room to drive!

Is there a way to completely remove the rear seat? Yes, with screwdrivers and wrenches...

Bill

if they would only listen to the people who buy them...

BigBill 09-04-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
if there would only listen to the people who buy them...

What?

Is that what you use to remove nuts and bolts - screwdrivers and wrenches? :D

Gee thanks RYHD!! I guess I meant to say, has anyone removed the rear seat for better storage space?

stagger_lee 09-04-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

It would be nice if the rear seat headrests could be removed! There is no way I am going to move the two driver seats forward so that I can fold the rear seat back as I would have no room to drive!

Bill

You can move the driver seats forward, lay the seat down, and then push the drivers seats back again. You need to clear the headrests from the cargo nets. You only really lose an inch or 2.

3Hummer 09-04-2007 10:39 PM

ya, thats one of two things either the person didnt pull out the seat bottoms, to make the top half fold down all the way, or like the problem i have most of the time, i sit far back so the seat cant get down all the way

Agriv8r 09-04-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

There is no way I am going to move the two driver seats forward so that I can fold the rear seat back as I would have no room to drive!

Bill

i must have missed this option....my wife would love this feature....:giggling:

BigBill 09-04-2007 11:03 PM

Ok, I am 6'7" and a friend of mine is 6'0 so having both seats moved up to clear the headrests is out of the question. Gee, maybe GM should just have removable headrests in the rear seat which would alleviate all these problems!

stagger_lee 09-05-2007 03:09 AM

It would suck to have to limit your choices of cars because of being that tall, but maybe you should have bought an H2, 2500HD Chevy, or Suburban? Not talking ish man, I feel ya. guess you cant put the seat down. :beerchug:

Groundpounder 09-05-2007 04:14 PM

No! A 4'x8' sheet of plywood will not fit, however, a 4'x4' will. I can get an 8' board in-between the front seats. With the back door closed it gives me about 2" before hitting my dash. I have put 2-4'x4', 5-deck boards and 4 80# bags of cement inside with no problem.

BigBill 09-05-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagger_lee
It would suck to have to limit your choices of cars because of being that tall, but maybe you should have bought an H2, 2500HD Chevy, or Suburban? Not talking ish man, I feel ya. guess you cant put the seat down. :beerchug:

Well, the H3 was the only vehicle that I liked amongst the other SUV's on the market! I used to have a Ford F250 but it was too big!

It does suck that I can't put the seat down, but it would work if the headrests could be removed, but since they are sewn into the whole seat, it really limits the use of the folding seat!

Bill