Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rear wiper (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36236)

itsken 12-16-2008 03:46 PM

Rear wiper

The rear window wiper on my 2007 H3 only goes halfway. Is this normal? I saw a H2 and its rear wiper did a total sweep of the rear window.

HummerHippy 12-16-2008 05:35 PM

Re: Rear wiper

Yes, it's normal.

Viet Nam Vette 12-18-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsken
The rear window wiper on my 2007 H3 only goes halfway. Is this normal? I saw a H2 and its rear wiper did a total sweep of the rear window.

Screwed up But Normal.......But me still loves my 3:notallthere: :D

timgco 12-19-2008 03:59 AM

Why can;t we make it go all the way over..or at least another 6"?

There has got to me a way to do this.

Viet Nam Vette 12-19-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
Why can;t we make it go all the way over..or at least another 6"?

There has got to me a way to do this.

I wonder if somehow you could swap out the H3 for the H2 wiper unit...?

That would be a cool project...:D

Rred 03-11-2009 04:47 PM

I'm gonna bring this one up again.

Has anyone found out a way to fix this yet?

Rred 03-11-2009 04:49 PM

sorry for the double post. but i just remembered that wranglers have this same issue with the front wipers. i don't remember what my father and i did to fix it. let me touch base with him and see if i can't figure it out. sucks i'm over here and can't be hands on. booo

RubHer Yellow Ducky 03-11-2009 05:45 PM

If those of us with 3's had only paid more we could have gotten wipers that go all the way...

marin8703 12-24-2009 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rred
sorry for the double post. but i just remembered that wranglers have this same issue with the front wipers. i don't remember what my father and i did to fix it. let me touch base with him and see if i can't figure it out. sucks i'm over here and can't be hands on. booo

were u able to ask him?

last week i had made that my project to find out if it could be made to go all the way. I initially though its limited electronically, but its not.

The mechanics of the transmission on teh little motor is what limits the movement. I ahve absolutely no idea why they chose to have it like that, it wouldnt have been much work do have it go all the way.

I think a little grinding/moding of the transmission case and a new link will allow it to go the whole way but not too sure.

does anyone have a picture of a dissasembled rear wiper transmission from an H2?

dlinden200 12-24-2009 03:41 PM

Why do you need a rear wiper anyway?

DAGKANA 12-24-2009 03:48 PM

marin8703 I can get you a pic of the H3s internal guts, its the gearing that looks like is the culprit... there is a plastic toothed gear on the inside which attached to the wiper arm and to the transmission, however the point at which it attaches I believe limits the movement.

I took my wiper of and mounted my CB antenna through the door, that's what I thought of the rear wiper, it sucked that bad I took it off!

marin8703 12-25-2009 09:40 AM

haha i guess thats an option. unfortunately i use my rear view mirror quite a bit and would like a clean window back there. i guess im gona have to settle with what i got.

HummerJunkies 01-11-2010 02:57 AM

i would get it checked out

Bayrat 01-22-2010 02:59 AM

I can live with the wiper but the washer sucks. Mine sprays about half way up that little bit of area so it gives me about 6" of cleaning when running salty and dirty roads. I'm going to revise that crappy setup once the weather breaks. And they wonder why foreign automakers kick the crap out of the US.