Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Fuel Injector / Throttle Body Service (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40227)

pdxrealtor 09-22-2010 05:30 PM

Re: Fuel Injector / Throttle Body Service

I put in 2 cans. :) It was on sale for the same price at my local parts store also.

YETTI-

It doesn't smoke at all when added to fuel. Only when you suck in the manifold with a vacuum line.

You can also add it to your oil a day or two before you change it.

NOt sure if you'd be doing things backwards if you cleaned your injectors/fuel system first and then added it the oil before an oil change.....

snmazer 09-23-2010 12:19 AM

I am interested in cleaning the MAF and, throttle body , but I don't have a clue on where it is (Is it near the air filter)?or how to do it. Would anyone be interested in explaining that or if there is a diagram? I currently don't have the Helm manual.
Thanks

Scarsman 09-23-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snmazer
I am interested in cleaning the MAF and, throttle body , but I don't have a clue on where it is (Is it near the air filter)?or how to do it. Would anyone be interested in explaining that or if there is a diagram? I currently don't have the Helm manual.
Thanks

The throttle body is mounted on the intake manifold on top of the engine. First find your air filter housing, which will be a large black plastic box mouted to the inside of the right fender. You will see a black plastic tube that goes from the air box to the engine and connects to the throttle body. I am not certain as I have not messed with the one on my H2 yet, but the MAF should be located somewhere in between the air box and the throttle body. Sometimes they are near the filter and sometimes they are closer to the throttle body. It is pretty seasy to get to them though. Shouldn't need much more than a screwdriver.

snmazer 09-23-2010 11:23 AM

Thank you for the fast reply. :beerchug: I will work on that this weekend.
Scott

The_Yeti 09-23-2010 12:51 PM

Do both at the same time.

Pick up a bottle of CRC MAF cleaner and a bottle of CRC Throttle body/intake cleaner.
grab a toothbrush.

I'd start off with disconnecting the negative battery terminal.
then loosen the three hose clamps with a flathead screwdriver. 2 at the MAF sensor and one where the intake tubing connects to the throttle body.
Unplug the harness going to the MAF sensor. wiggle that sucker loose. Be careful though. Once out don't even think about touching the inside of the MAF with anything. Just spray the heck out of it. set aside and let dry while you do the throttle body.
The throttle body I would spray and scrub(toothbrush) around butterfly, also lift the butterfly and scrub inside.
Put everything back together and start engine. It will start a little rough at first or have trouble starting but it will start.

There's a couple of great videos on youtube incase your second guessing it. They're not for the H2, but chevy's so close enough.

Not sure if I missed anything, If I did someone might chime in.

guruerror 09-30-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
Cleaning the Throttle Body is the only time I wish the hood opened up vs fwd. :soapbox:

I agree 100%! What a PITA!

Cleaned the MAF and scrubbed the throttle body with the CRC products. Replaced my K&N filter and dumped some Sea Foam in the tank and oil...

...all I have to say is, "zoom zoom!"