Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   new wheels & tires (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42971)

KT2T 10-25-2012 07:07 PM

new wheels & tires

Just a quick shot for now...

Wheels: Fuel Revolver 20" x 10"
Tires: Interco SS M16 37x13.50x20

Big.Z.hummin 10-25-2012 09:27 PM

Re: new wheels & tires

Looks Great!:perfect10s:

I think You'll like those m16's. mine have 20k on them and id say atleast 75% tread left maybe more. I do rotate them ever oil change though.

ROUSHDEMON 10-25-2012 09:56 PM

Oh Snap!!.... BigZ is back on the bus.............wait me too!
Long time no see everybody, been a bit!....

Nice Rig man, looks great:beerchug:

H2duramax 10-25-2012 10:04 PM

Look's good. Can't wait to get some new wheels & tires on mine.

KT2T 10-25-2012 10:12 PM

Thanks guys. I haven't seen much from y'all in a long time, good to see you're still around!

I was torn for a while on the tires -- Nitto Trail Grappler or SS M16, same cost -- but in the end I decided to go for the SS M16 and I like them very much. They do howl more than my old stock BFG AT KO, but it's not annoying and I kind of like it.

With one kid in 1st grade and another starting K next year, not sure when I'll see you guys again. Had good times at Windrock...

KT2T 10-25-2012 10:16 PM

Oh, forgot to mention that I also used a 10oz bag of Dyna Beads in each tire rather than using lead weight balancing. So far, with a few hundred miles on them, the beads are working great.

Big.Z.hummin 11-08-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KT2T
Thanks guys. I haven't seen much from y'all in a long time, good to see you're still around!

I was torn for a while on the tires -- Nitto Trail Grappler or SS M16, same cost -- but in the end I decided to go for the SS M16 and I like them very much. They do howl more than my old stock BFG AT KO, but it's not annoying and I kind of like it.

With one kid in 1st grade and another starting K next year, not sure when I'll see you guys again. Had good times at Windrock...

Ya I'll never forget that Windrock trip! i know what you mean about the howl.. I like the sound also. it does get a bit louder over time just a heads up.

and I'm always still trolling the boards just don't post much anymore.. sure not like the olden days around here but still valuable info

Egan 11-13-2012 05:43 PM

Looks great! I've never been a big fan of 20" wheels, but those blend in really well, especially with that tire on them.

Did you have to mod the suspension at all to get the 37's to fit?

KT2T 11-13-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egan
Looks great! I've never been a big fan of 20" wheels, but those blend in really well, especially with that tire on them.

Thanks, I am liking it more and more with each passing day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egan
Did you have to mod the suspension at all to get the 37's to fit?

The only modifications I've made to the suspension are the installation of the GM "green" keys for the torsion bars and the Cognito leveling kit (UCAs, shocks). The rear is stock air ride.

Other front end mods are DMAX Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idler support kit, Cognito sway bar end-links, and Rancho steering stabilizer. Not necessarily suspension-related, but mods nonetheless.