Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Just had to do the infamous blend door replacement (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45005)

glennf1 01-15-2016 09:51 PM

Just had to do the infamous blend door replacement

Unfortunately I had to replace the passenger side blend door actuator which is the harder one to get to at the top of the dash. I pretty much followed the instructions here on this forum and others and it was pretty much spot on. It cost a whole $34 for it. I guess our rigs are starting to show their age!

Lucky1 06-07-2016 10:54 PM

Re: Just had to do the infamous blend door replacement

What tool did you use to remove the 2 bolts on the blend door actuator ? I can't seem to get the bolt closest to the driver's side out with the 8 mm box end wrench I'm using. It's apparently too long or I don't know the truck. Thanks in advance.

glennf1 06-11-2016 07:11 PM

8mm box wrench. Maybe your's is too long? Mine has a slight angle also. I remember having to have one hand in through where the passenger airbag switch is and the other through the top and could only make small 1/8 of turns or less. Make sure you have it installed before you plug it in too.

Lucky1 06-23-2016 08:31 PM

Thanks Glenn. I think my box end wrench was too long so I just brute forced it. Lol.. I got it out and in with a sacrificial crack in my air duct tube. A little bit of aluminum tape and all is well. p

fllaw1 07-10-2016 03:53 AM

Any photos taken apart?

glennf1 08-08-2016 01:06 AM

I didn't even think to take pics. There are a few videos on you tube that might help if you are trying to get a visual. Just search H2 blend door.

Nielsen 05-05-2017 09:54 PM

Glenn,... Can you verify for me that your passenger blend door had three fasteners or two,... also the price of $34.00 is good,... I'm seeing prices in the hundreds for the passenger blend door ???? Nielsen

DRTYFN 10-05-2017 08:23 PM

I need to do the recirculated actuator. Too lazy/busy now. ;)

glennf1 03-08-2018 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nielsen
Glenn,... Can you verify for me that your passenger blend door had three fasteners or two,... also the price of $34.00 is good,... I'm seeing prices in the hundreds for the passenger blend door ???? Nielsen

I'm sure you already got it by now but for anyone reading it's three fasteners. My $34 one is still working fine. It's only an actuator.. not much to it.