Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Heated seats turning on by themselves (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23625)

Kendog 01-07-2007 04:34 PM

Heated seats turning on by themselves

Hi, all. New 2003 H2 owner here. Bought it about three weeks ago. Everything's perfect about it, except this: All of a sudden the heated driver side seats like to turn on by themselves. I can turn them off, but within anywhere from 1 to 10 seconds they'll turn on again. This continues until I turn the car off.

Any ideas? I can't think of anything that I might have done to cause this, and DAMN my buttocks are hot!

Thanks,

Ken

Dug 01-07-2007 04:49 PM

Re: Heated seats turning on by themselves

That bites, dont know whats causing it . But mine wont stay on for longer than 10 seconds. So i am also interested to hear any info on there workings.

f5fstop 01-07-2007 05:30 PM

Just a suggestion:
Remove the switch assembly (make sure to tape the wires) and see if the seats now stay off. Drive it around a bit. If yes, probably a switch assembly. If no, could be the driver's door module or memory seat module.
I would guess one of the modules went bad, but there could be a bad connection in the switch.

Alan06SUT 01-07-2007 10:51 PM

You may have hemroid flare up. Go see a doctor!:eek:

Motohead 01-08-2007 06:20 AM

I was thinking cold ghosts...

Kendog 01-08-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
You may have hemroid flare up. Go see a doctor!:eek:

Wow! The H2 actually has a sensor for that? I knew something felt funny, but I thought I just needed to get used to the new seats. This car has EVERYTHING!

Ken

Alan06SUT 01-09-2007 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendog
Wow! The H2 actually has a sensor for that? I knew something felt funny, but I thought I just needed to get used to the new seats. This car has EVERYTHING!

Ken

:jump:

Kendog 01-09-2007 05:04 PM

Hmmm... Today the plot thickened. Sometimes, but not always, the aberrant heated seat behavior ceases completely if I turn off the heater.

In addition, I found "Technical Service Bulletin #01850" addressing this behavior at a site for Chevy Silverados, which I've heard share many parts with the H2.

Anyone know what I can do about the bulletin?

Thanks,

Ken

LEcustoms 01-11-2007 11:22 PM

Your BCM might need to be reprogrammed. My truck had the same problem and they told me that they might just have to reprogram it for me. Dropping it off tomorrow to get it checked out.

CslRkH2 01-12-2007 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEcustoms
Your BCM might need to be reprogrammed. My truck had the same problem and they told me that they might just have to reprogram it for me. Dropping it off tomorrow to get it checked out.

I had to have the computer reprogrammed on my '05 to fix sporatic seat heater issues. The buttons were not working correctly or at all sometimes. The dealer reprogrammed and they've worked ever since.

Kendog 01-12-2007 02:28 PM

Great. Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

Ken

rippin lips 03-17-2007 03:19 AM

My 04 started this also yesterday .Any more info would be great .Taking it to the stealership Mon .If I can fix would be better .
Thanks ,John

mikejr 03-17-2007 01:24 PM

havent had the trouble on the H2, but i did have the problem on my 03 and 04 avalanches, seemed like the problem just went away...who knows why it started or why it stopped. kinda sucked in the summer getting a hot ass when its 90 degrees out.

mattyg50 03-19-2007 08:17 PM

i also have the same problem with the heated seat coming on by itself, driver side, and only does it only when it rains???

also at times my seat bolster will pump up, driver side only, and that does it anytime???

is there a tsb on this?

mikejr 03-21-2007 12:42 PM

you know come to think of it, in the avalanche it would only fire up the seat when it rained too. I wonder if there was a breach in the wiring somewhere.

I just noticed that past two weeks that my heated seats wont come on, but if i shut down the truck and restart it, then they work. This is intermittent at best. Guess its all the on board computers...they get confused.