Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Roading (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tellico In March '06 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11149)

JT 11-30-2005 07:07 PM

Since I completely Hi-jacked the Uwharrie thread . How about we try and plan a trip to Tellico for March '06? What do you think?

First or second weekend in March is usually when I go. I stay at Crawfords camp or Tellico Cabins(much closer). The nights are a little cold to camp trailside. Its usually nice wheelin weather but pretty unpredictable... I got hit with a snowing thunderstorm once up there, it went from 70 to 30 in under a half hour...and yes my top and doors were back at camp.

So you guys, and girls, have all winter to build and fix your H(x). If you are close enought, let me know if you need any fab work done... rock sliders, bumpers, etc.

JT 11-30-2005 07:07 PM

Since I completely Hi-jacked the Uwharrie thread . How about we try and plan a trip to Tellico for March '06? What do you think?

First or second weekend in March is usually when I go. I stay at Crawfords camp or Tellico Cabins(much closer). The nights are a little cold to camp trailside. Its usually nice wheelin weather but pretty unpredictable... I got hit with a snowing thunderstorm once up there, it went from 70 to 30 in under a half hour...and yes my top and doors were back at camp.

So you guys, and girls, have all winter to build and fix your H(x). If you are close enought, let me know if you need any fab work done... rock sliders, bumpers, etc.

alldunn 11-30-2005 07:30 PM

Hopefully I will be able to make it. How are the cabins up there? Sounds like fun.

PARAGON 11-30-2005 08:32 PM

How far away is the Murphy Marriott.

JT 12-01-2005 12:10 AM

30-40 mins from the trail head. The Mt Vista Inn is closer and only like $40/night. It has a nice big parking lot too.

h2co-pilot 12-02-2005 02:04 AM

March sound good.

Paragon, you don't like to camp princess?

PARAGON 12-02-2005 03:10 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
March sound good.

Paragon, you don't like to camp princess? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I've laid my ass out in nature day and night as much as I ever care to. Been there done that, don't need anymore experience at it.

Cabins sound good, but I was liking the sound of that nice big parking lot.

KenP 12-05-2005 09:01 PM

Big parking lots are fun. Especially when the other guests are asleep.

h2co-pilot 12-06-2005 11:33 AM

Campfire > parking lot

PARAGON 12-06-2005 02:56 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Campfire > parking lot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>bonfire in parking lot > itty bitty campfire

PARAGON 12-06-2005 03:02 PM

Dude that does some work on my trucks just got back from Tellico with a group of built Heeps. The one that went up and down Lion's Back in 2wd and didn't know it.

I'll have to get with him, he'll shoot me straight on what trails are too easy for us to run and about how long it'll take to run the harder ones.

HIHUMMER 12-06-2005 06:45 PM

I'm a wus. Marriott please.

JT 12-07-2005 04:33 AM

We can go straight to slick rock or Upper 2 if you guys like.

Bring spare TRE's.

HIHUMMER 12-07-2005 02:24 PM

Well...I can tell you that I'm probably gonna be the weakest link,so anything too hard and I'm hitchin a ride with someone!!!

PARAGON 12-07-2005 03:33 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JT:
Bring spare TRE's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Doneedem'. Several of us have the super-terrifice 500mm upgrades.

Plus we have the old ones for spares just in case.

KenP 12-07-2005 06:06 PM

No one wants to leave with a busted up truck.

PARAGON 12-07-2005 09:01 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
No one wants to leave with a busted up truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I do. That's the point right. Go somewhere and beat the sh!t out of it until it doesn't run anymore. That's what the BLW experts say we are supposed to be doing.

h2co-pilot 12-08-2005 01:33 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
No one wants to leave with a busted up truck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I do. That's the point right. Go somewhere and beat the sh!t out of it until it doesn't run anymore. That's what the BLW experts say we are supposed to be doing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then when it's dead the vultures scrounge the parts and make a new King-mobile.

JT 12-08-2005 01:49 AM

Cool... Im glad to hear you guys arent completely stock, for the most part. Nothing says fun like seeing some front tires do this / \.

PARAGON 12-08-2005 03:23 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JT:
Cool... Im glad to hear you guys arent completely stock, for the most part. Nothing says fun like seeing some front tires do this / \. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That made me cringe. It's like one of those kids you grew up with that was double jointed or something. It's just hard to look at.