Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My Hummer H2 2003 Black Out (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42081)

deathshead67 11-06-2011 07:31 PM

My Hummer H2 2003 Black Out

18" XD796 XD SERIES REVOLVER on Nitto 37" Terra Grapplers. The fronts tires rub alittle when making a sharp turn. Any suggestions with shocks and a leveling kit? I used some 3m vinyl tape on the mirrors and door handle to cover up the chrome.
I sprayed the top roof rack rails with Rustoleum bedliner spraypaint.
My next project is spraying the bedliner on the front grill. Anybody have any tips before I do it?

pwrhse2k 11-06-2011 10:01 PM

Re: My Hummer H2 2003 Black Out

The 3M Vinyl on the mirror and door handles look good! Can you provide a part number for the vinyl you used, as well as, some tips for how you laid it on the side mirrors? I need to do mine and was trying to come up with a way to do it without having to buy new mirrors. Nice job!

Reggie

VegasGuy 11-07-2011 05:17 AM

Great job! Love it!

deathshead67 11-07-2011 02:10 PM

Remove the chrome caps off of the mirror. There are clips and double sided tape that held the mirrors on, just pry them off gently. When you apply the 3m vinyl use a blow dryer or heat gun. The first one I let the gun get to close to the tape and I poked a hole in the tape and had to start over with a new piece. I only bought a $20.00 piece and it covered both mirrors, the door handles and the back chrome over the liecnse plate. You have to keep working the 3M with the gun, folding it over the corners first, If you get a wrinkle just pull the tape up and apply some heat and then lay it back down on the mirror. I didnt remove the door handles, I just laided a piece on it and put the seam in the back of the handle so you cant see it. There are some bumps when you grab the handle in the back only because I rushed it and ran out of the tape. I'm going to do the steering wheel with the carbon fiber 3M. I did a test run wuth the flat black tape and it came out good also. I;m only doing it because for some unknown reason , parts of the steering wheel are GOLD???

pwrhse2k 11-07-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathshead67
Remove the chrome caps off of the mirror. There are clips and double sided tape that held the mirrors on, just pry them off gently. When you apply the 3m vinyl use a blow dryer or heat gun. The first one I let the gun get to close to the tape and I poked a hole in the tape and had to start over with a new piece. I only bought a $20.00 piece and it covered both mirrors, the door handles and the back chrome over the liecnse plate. You have to keep working the 3M with the gun, folding it over the corners first, If you get a wrinkle just pull the tape up and apply some heat and then lay it back down on the mirror. I didnt remove the door handles, I just laided a piece on it and put the seam in the back of the handle so you cant see it. There are some bumps when you grab the handle in the back only because I rushed it and ran out of the tape. I'm going to do the steering wheel with the carbon fiber 3M. I did a test run wuth the flat black tape and it came out good also. I;m only doing it because for some unknown reason , parts of the steering wheel are GOLD???

Thanks Deathshead67!

guruerror 11-07-2011 09:37 PM

Reggie: Check out this thread http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...hlight=mirrors Scarsman gives a good explanation about getting those caps off.

StockStar 11-08-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

looks good man! take a look at a product called "Plasti Dip" for your grille. It has a true flat black look to it and the best part is that it peels off if you dont like it. I know....sounds weird, but visit your local lowes and pick up a couple of cans.

deathshead67 11-09-2011 07:03 PM

Thanks!!

pwrhse2k 11-10-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
Reggie: Check out this thread http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...hlight=mirrors Scarsman gives a good explanation about getting those caps off.

Thanks Brent!!!

zdawg8394 11-10-2011 05:11 AM

the h2 is looking good!

deathshead67 11-12-2011 02:46 AM

The plasti-dip worked out great ! i cant believe how easy it was to remove the front grill. It took a few coats of the plasti-dip, I'm glad i didnt use the rustolium bed liner spray paint.

zdawg8394 12-30-2011 04:23 AM

i was wondering on the in-chanel window visors. do they do in the chanel or do you put them in between the chanel gasket and the metal.. i put mine in the actual channel where the window goes up and they are stuck to the seal. but they dont seam very sturdy

StockStar 01-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

The plasti-dip worked out great ! i cant believe how easy it was to remove the front grill. It took a few coats of the plasti-dip, I'm glad i didnt use the rustolium bed liner spray paint.

Looks good man! :perfect10s: Keep us posted on how it holds up. It peels right off if you decide to re-do it or if you want the old chrome look again.

Lets see a pic with it on the H2 when you get a chance:popcorn:

s_c5519 02-09-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockStar

Lets see a pic with it on the H2 when you get a chance:popcorn:

Any recent pics with it on, and how is the plasti-dip holding up? I was in another truck forum and there was a 112 page thread on it and a lot of people said it was coming off easy through car washes etc... Seems like the bedliner stays put, but I think it's not as smooth of a finish...

guruerror 02-09-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s_c5519
Any recent pics with it on, and how is the plasti-dip holding up? I was in another truck forum and there was a 112 page thread on it and a lot of people said it was coming off easy through car washes etc... Seems like the bedliner stays put, but I think it's not as smooth of a finish...

I've heard similar stories...I like the finish it provides, but it's just not as durable as bedliner.