Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   front and rear door speaker sizes? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39222)

Hellz 03-19-2010 06:53 PM

front and rear door speaker sizes?

so, just verifying my info. i havent taken the door panels off to verify personally.

from door speakers are 6.5 inch with 1 inch tweets in window pillar

rear door speakers 5 1/4, but has anyone put larger ones in the door?

rear pillars i think are 4x6 speakers, but nothing out on the web anywhere that i found that even mentions these speakers. crutchfield.com says these are tweeters, but no size given??

any info?

Rico001 03-19-2010 10:27 PM

Re: front and rear door speaker sizes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellz
so, just verifying my info. i havent taken the door panels off to verify personally.

from door speakers are 6.5 inch with 1 inch tweets in window pillar

rear door speakers 5 1/4, but has anyone put larger ones in the door?

rear pillars i think are 4x6 speakers, but nothing out on the web anywhere that i found that even mentions these speakers. crutchfield.com says these are tweeters, but no size given??

any info?

I guess you could go custom with your install.
I ran into the same info when i was goling to do mine.
But we did not do it.
Good Luck to you and let us know what you do.
~Richard

The_Yeti 06-15-2010 02:16 AM

Thanks Hellz. I was looking for some info on speaker size and found this thread. Did you ever get a size on the rear pillars? I'm going to go with 5's for rear passenger. Also has anyone found Bose speaker adapters/harness? I'd like to stay away from cutting.

Quijy 06-19-2010 05:12 AM

I have changed out everything you can get 6.5" in front and war doors. JL audio tweeters fit in the front pillar with just a bit of filing. The rear pillars are tweeters behind the grill. You can up to a 4" driver in there with some cutting otherwise just put another set og JL tweets in there. There are several adapters and plugs on the market to do most anything in the H2.

The_Yeti 06-21-2010 01:43 AM

Quijy,
so a 6.5 will fit in the rear passenger doors? I was told by a Rockforsgate rep that 5.25 was all that would fit without cutting. I did the Rockford upgrade kit and wanted to do the other doors. Was going to order the PUNCH P152 5.25 but if 6.5 will fit???? Anyways let me know the specifics. Also which JL tweets did you order?

Quijy 06-26-2010 04:07 AM

Yes a 6.5 inch will fit in the rear door, the 5.25 will fit right in. I have Polk mono 6.5 in all four doors. There is an adapter ring your can get from most car audio shops that will help fit the 6.5 inch in there.