Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Auto transmission issues! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28956)

CrisB 08-09-2007 05:34 AM

Auto transmission issues!

Uh oh...I think it's baked. Slipping gears down the highway, while towing my normal load of quads & dirtbikes up to the cabin. She can't pick out which gear to be in, keeps switching from 4 to 3, sometimes to 2 & revving up over 6k. Checked the dipstick, low level...got underneath & I see blowback coming out of the transmisson breather tube all over the bottom of the truck. Made it back home ok (150 mi!), kept it topped off. Slow in my 'hood, I can hear bad sounds down there...never heard of this one.

Here's the kicker...50k warranty on the early build '06, its at 52998...anybody go that phone# for Hummer warranty dept so I can do my best to bitch up a storm?:lame:

stagger_lee 08-09-2007 06:13 AM

Re: Auto transmission issues!

Bummer man. Hope everything works out in your favor.:beerchug:

NEOCON1 08-09-2007 12:44 PM

cris raise as much hell as possible at the dealer , mention the 100k mile warranty they now have . tell them if they wont stand behind it that you wont buy another gm product .

good luck , they should cover it

yat74 08-09-2007 01:19 PM

Sorry to hear that,Good luck, how many miles do you have on it? :(

HummBebe 08-09-2007 02:40 PM

I had the valve body replaced in my AT a few weeks ago, I think I was at 53K.

Covered, but I have the extended warranty. It had no back pressure going downhill. Works great now.

1-866-HUMMER6.

Good luck.

CrisB 08-09-2007 02:54 PM

Thanks Beebs, will let you know.

SR1355 08-09-2007 03:55 PM

Bummer Cris, Keep us posted on GM's response...

CrisB 08-09-2007 05:06 PM

Saddest thing I ever saw, my baby loaded on a flatbed...will keep you all updated.

usetosellhummer 08-09-2007 06:21 PM

Damn, You may want tto try sweet talk with the service Mgr. First before a Sheet storm. See if he will have the area service supervisor inspect your truck and cover it. Only the area guy has the power to do it. If he approves it the dealer will get paid warrenty on it from GM. We covered one once on a H2 as a friend deal to the owner of the truck and this was becasue he was nice.

CrisB 08-09-2007 10:38 PM

I already started sweet-talking him, before the truck even got there.

The thing I fear is anybody looking at the bottom of my truck KNOWS it's been heavily off-roaded, and that may not work in my favor.:confused:

wpage 08-10-2007 03:47 AM

GM needs to decided to stay with the borg warner 4 speed or get with the competition and move ahead. The H3 needs to move forward with a overdrive or a 6 speed transmission to get with the mpg movement.
They need to fix what they have and also move forward with the new generation H3. 20+MPG

Wisha Haddan H3 08-10-2007 06:45 AM

x2 ... 6 speed in manual and automatic

CrisB 08-10-2007 04:10 PM

Total Transmission Failure was the call.....:twak:

Hummer Of Novi, bless them, has decided to cover it even though my warranty is 3k past.

:jump: :jump: :jump:

BST1YET 08-10-2007 04:17 PM

great news about them replacing it, how long are you going to be out of commision? better get a loaner car thrown in

H3slate 08-10-2007 04:21 PM

Sorry about your truck. Glad they are taking care of you! What did they give you for a rental? Last time I got a Monte carlo.

fourfourto 08-10-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Good Hummer dealer support. Glad to hear it.

:beerchug: thats good to hear also
Bring in a box of donuts for the service reps and techs

CrisB 08-10-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto
:beerchug: thats good to hear also
Bring in a box of donuts for the service reps and techs

That's a great idea!

I didn't even ask for a loaner, I'm out of warranty & don't want to push my luck!!!

Besides, I've got this great old '65 Scout that loves to be driven around with the top off on hot Michigan days, so she's getting a workout.:excited:

usetosellhummer 08-10-2007 07:51 PM

Dude go one further and get a GMPP quote so you will be tops for many more miles to come. Good one!:clapping:

CrisB 08-15-2007 04:14 AM

Got her back today, rebuilt the trans & replaced all clutches, bands & seals.

Wha happened? She was baked out, but I don't know what caused it.

Least I didn't have to pay for it!!!!!:jump: