Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   ANTI BLING LOCKING FUEL DOOR (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15469)

timgco 07-24-2005 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd post a pic of Real Wheel's Locking Fuel door. To confir that their is a diff. betewwn the H2 and H3 fuel doors; there is a difference in the shape of it. It has a curve to the back side of it from left to right and up to down also. So if you tru to put an H2 fuel door on, it will stick way out. Also the H3 feul door does not require the removal of the whole gas tank bezel. It has two mounting brackets inside that are tucked out of the way and also uses 3M tape to keep it from vibrating back and forth. It also stays off the paint too... which is more than I can say for the H2 fuel door.

timgco 07-24-2005 11:36 PM

Just thought I'd post a pic of Real Wheel's Locking Fuel door. To confir that their is a diff. betewwn the H2 and H3 fuel doors; there is a difference in the shape of it. It has a curve to the back side of it from left to right and up to down also. So if you tru to put an H2 fuel door on, it will stick way out. Also the H3 feul door does not require the removal of the whole gas tank bezel. It has two mounting brackets inside that are tucked out of the way and also uses 3M tape to keep it from vibrating back and forth. It also stays off the paint too... which is more than I can say for the H2 fuel door.

timgco 07-24-2005 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

PCBeach 07-25-2005 09:35 AM

Thank you.. Going to get one.

Hummer H2 07-25-2005 08:34 PM

That looks really sweet. I have always been a fan of the chrome, but after reading on here with all of the anti-bling, I want to do my H3 in all black. Can you take another picture from futher away to see more of a side profile? I just want to see what the truck looks like now with that on. Thanks

FELNTPSY 07-25-2005 10:44 PM

I concur...

I just put one on my wife's H3 and it does fit nicely.....I would have much rather at one that was completly flat instead of the contours..but oh well....I don't drive it everyday, and she likes it!

timgco 07-25-2005 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer H2:
That looks really sweet. I have always been a fan of the chrome, but after reading on here with all of the anti-bling, I want to do my H3 in all black. Can you take another picture from futher away to see more of a side profile? I just want to see what the truck looks like now with that on. Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

timgco 07-25-2005 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GC

timgco 07-25-2005 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GC 6

Hummer H2 07-26-2005 04:10 PM

Thanks for the pics, it looks really sweet!

Hummer H3 SUV 08-02-2005 11:39 AM

I want to order one for my H3, can you describe what it took to install the fuel door.

timgco 08-02-2005 01:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer H3 SUV:
I want to order one for my H3, can you describe what it took to install the fuel door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's very easy. The outside of the ring has 3M tape to keep in from vibrating back and forth. So you take the protective film off and place the fuel door on. Make sure it's straight or your done! Thier are two brackets with self tappers insode the fuel door that screw into the spill cup. Screw those in and your done.

Hummer H3 SUV 08-02-2005 01:29 PM

Thanks for your help.