Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   It Must Be A "UFO" In The Area....??? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31766)

Viet Nam Vette 12-29-2007 09:30 PM

It Must Be A "UFO" In The Area....???

I was over at the Local Shopping Mall Complex In South Jersey yesterday.
I was returnning a few items at the local clothing store. I climbed out of my 3 shut the door and hit the lock button on the GM Key Fob transmitter.

Na-Da.. Nothing..no lights fashing nothing. Tried it again... Nothing. Dam.. Must be a dead battery in the transmitter. So I used my Viper Alarm unit and locked the 3 up. Did my exchange thing and then walked over to "Best Buy" and picked up a new battery for GM the unit.

Drove home and when I got out of the 3 I hit the lock button again just for S's...and Giggles. I heard a click and the doors locked and the lights flashed.

WTF..???? Tried it agin and ...dam..it's working fine. Went back over to the Mall today again for some other things and the S.O.B. refused to work again.

Me thinks it has someting to do with all the "Micro Wave" emissions from those door openers in the stores. They all have them. As soon as I drove away from the Mall...the door locks started to work again.

It must be Jamming the Alarm receiver in the 3. Didn't seem to bother the Viper Transmitter or Receiver.

Or Their could be a "UFO In the area...:twak:

Any of you had this happen..??
:popcorn:

Yetti 12-29-2007 11:33 PM

Re: It Must Be A "UFO" In The Area....???

Did you consider the people who run the malls don't want you to lock up your car? maybe they have crew that comes out like elves and cleans out all your stuff? or the thieves went high tech and set up a blocking transmitter? does your mall have a high theft rate? you may have figured out why?

Viet Nam Vette 12-30-2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yetti
Did you consider the people who run the malls don't want you to lock up your car? maybe they have crew that comes out like elves and cleans out all your stuff? or the thieves went high tech and set up a blocking transmitter? does your mall have a high theft rate? you may have figured out why?

Don't know if they have a high theft rate or not...this has happpen before somewhere else..can't remember now.
The factory alarm ain't poop... All it does is lock the doors and blow the horn if someone opens the doors. I also have a "Viper Alarm" system.
Not that the theives still can't breake in....but at least the Viper alarm sends me a beep warning showing me where the breech took place and that it is in progress.

Of course ..then you go out and Kick Some A_ S.:raar:

Mike E 12-30-2007 04:07 PM

The OEM "fobs" work from a low frequency of radio waves. I've had this happen on mine. Certain areas where you park will interrupt the frequency. I've had this happen mostly in Walgreens' Parking lots. They must have something that takes priority over the fob signal.

Viet Nam Vette 12-30-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike E
The OEM "fobs" work from a low frequency of radio waves. I've had this happen on mine. Certain areas where you park will interrupt the frequency. I've had this happen mostly in Walgreens' Parking lots. They must have something that takes priority over the fob signal.

No Walgrens in the area... But their are plenty of other business's in the Center. Their are at least 40 places. Best Buy, Khol's, Target,etc. It's a very large shopping area.

About 1/2 mile away is another one with Macy's & Sears and a regular walk thru shopping mall. Bet their's plenty of "RF" Flying around to screw up anything.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 12-30-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
I was over at the Local Shopping Mall Complex In South Jersey yesterday.
I was returnning a few items at the local clothing store. I climbed out of my 3 shut the door and hit the lock button on the GM Key Fob transmitter.

Na-Da.. Nothing..no lights fashing nothing. Tried it again... Nothing. Dam.. Must be a dead battery in the transmitter. So I used my Viper Alarm unit and locked the 3 up. Did my exchange thing and then walked over to "Best Buy" and picked up a new battery for GM the unit.

Drove home and when I got out of the 3 I hit the lock button again just for S's...and Giggles. I heard a click and the doors locked and the lights flashed.

WTF..???? Tried it agin and ...dam..it's working fine. Went back over to the Mall today again for some other things and the S.O.B. refused to work again.

Me thinks it has someting to do with all the "Micro Wave" emissions from those door openers in the stores. They all have them. As soon as I drove away from the Mall...the door locks started to work again.

It must be Jamming the Alarm receiver in the 3. Didn't seem to bother the Viper Transmitter or Receiver.

Or Their could be a "UFO In the area...:twak:

Any of you had this happen..??
:popcorn:

3Hummer 12-31-2007 12:23 AM

on occasion mine doesnt work il have to press it a bunch of times to work but again sometimes itll work from like 250 feet away so proably has something to do with the waves or something coming off those doors, keep us posted. but can somerone tell me is it supposed to make a funyn beep noise like other cars do when they lock? or just flash the lights?

wpage 12-31-2007 12:36 AM

Did the battery replacement help:grouphug:

Big Dad 12-31-2007 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer
on occasion mine doesnt work il have to press it a bunch of times to work but again sometimes itll work from like 250 feet away so proably has something to do with the waves or something coming off those doors, keep us posted. but can somerone tell me is it supposed to make a funyn beep noise like other cars do when they lock? or just flash the lights?

I believe you are referring to a programming function with the unit. I also believe you can program it to honk like others if you really want it to. One way or another it shouldn't be too much trouble to figure out your options. I'd take a look in the owners manual.

3Hummer 12-31-2007 06:34 AM

im kinda happy it doesnt honk i was just wondeirng if mine was a flawed with that or if its normal.

Yetti 12-31-2007 03:09 PM

well the UFO caught up with me yesterday...I was at Sam's club getting some stuff and the lift gate on the wifes minivan would open when she hit the button.

... does everyone have they're foil hats?

mikejr 12-31-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yetti
well the UFO caught up with me yesterday...I was at Sam's club getting some stuff and the lift gate on the wifes minivan would open when she hit the button.

... does everyone have they're foil hats?

watch those foil hats....I wore one for years and the aluminum caused my hair to fall out!

Mike E 01-01-2008 04:35 PM

Putting in a new battery does not solve this problem. There's really nothing the consumer or the dealer can do about it. GM needs to come up with a better frequency for the key fobs so other devices in the area do not interfere with it. Believe me, we see this all the time in the Service Department. It's sucks, especially when you need to open the rear swing gate and the remote wont open the doors because costco's alarm system interrupts the frequency.