Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   $249 e-bay brush guard (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5675)

CzechMan 02-10-2006 05:40 PM

Hey guys,
As promised, I am sending in my first impressions of the $249 black powdercoated brush guard sold on e-bay. (I think the same guys sell a SS too). It just arrived in my office, so I have not messed with it much, but first impressions.

- looks good
- color looks great and no flaws
- shiny black finish
- looks well put together
- 3 piece set up

So far, I just took the 3 pieces out of the box. I will mount it tonight when I get home and will post more feedback and pics then. So far, I am thinking it was worth a try and the product doesn't look bad at all.

CzechMan 02-10-2006 05:40 PM

Hey guys,
As promised, I am sending in my first impressions of the $249 black powdercoated brush guard sold on e-bay. (I think the same guys sell a SS too). It just arrived in my office, so I have not messed with it much, but first impressions.

- looks good
- color looks great and no flaws
- shiny black finish
- looks well put together
- 3 piece set up

So far, I just took the 3 pieces out of the box. I will mount it tonight when I get home and will post more feedback and pics then. So far, I am thinking it was worth a try and the product doesn't look bad at all.

DDWH 02-10-2006 06:24 PM

Very good...Don't forget to post the pics.

fourfourto 02-10-2006 08:34 PM

I think I saw that one on ebay.Tip if mounting bolts for the 3 pieces arent black(the one I seen was not)I would paint then before install or even better pick up some black allen bolts at the hardware store.It will be a nice finished look.

Hummie3 02-11-2006 10:13 AM

What name brand is it?

CzechMan 02-11-2006 03:32 PM

I think the company is called "Hunter". Their web invoice was for "Popular Link". I am thinking in this case namebrand is not really that important. I just got done putting it on, so I will take some pics and post'em.

Looks really good.

jp's-h3 02-12-2006 03:25 AM

Sounds like the one I bought on ebay!
Nice, I prefer the one peice but the price was half of a factory one, and it does look awesome!
I tried putting it on myself and ended up paying $100 to have the dealer install it for me. Time to install the off-road lights!

huggett 05-28-2006 12:21 PM

Re: $249 e-bay brush guard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CzechMan
I think the company is called "Hunter". Their web invoice was for "Popular Link". I am thinking in this case namebrand is not really that important. I just got done putting it on, so I will take some pics and post'em.

Looks really good.

Do you still like this brush guard? I really want to get the Manik brush guard, but the price on this one is very tempting and shipping is free. How 'bout those pics?
Thanks

milbrath47 05-29-2006 09:52 PM

The company that actually sells hunter products is located in Stafford, TX about 10 min away from those of you guys in Houston!

Beastmaster 05-30-2006 04:56 AM

I'll bite. Which variant do you have, and is it black?