Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   H3 Hood Handles (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36895)

OZH3 03-04-2009 02:04 PM

H3 Hood Handles

I have Just purchased Chrome H3 hood handles and they said they came with hardwear to fit but they seem only to have bolts with alan key holes to srew into the handles through the louvre at one end, not nuts so what stops them from pulling out or am I missing something. Can anyone give me a blow by blow way to fit them as they are suposed to be H3 handles but came with no instructions and they are real heavy so I don't want them to come flying off.

Thanks

Ed G. 03-04-2009 03:02 PM

Re: H3 Hood Handles

First you have to remove the hood louver. Do this by raising the hood and pop out the 3 clips under the hood panel that hold it in place. Most kits come with a template to mark the location of the holes you need to drill into the louver, if you don't have a template you will have to make your own. Make sure the holes (2 for each handle) are aligned and placed in the same location on each side. Drill the holes, reinstall the louver and attach each handle by lining up the holes you drilled with the bolt holes in the handles, insert the bolt through the hood and into the handle and tighten. It's a very easy install. Good Luck!

fourfourto 03-04-2009 05:09 PM

Someone had stick on ones not sure of brand?
Anyone know a good deal on BLACK ones that stick on ?

OZH3 03-05-2009 05:21 AM

Thanks for the reply that really helps, but what stops them from being pulled off as there are no nuts holding them in place they just have bolts that screw into the back of the handle?

Thanks.

OZH3 03-05-2009 05:24 AM

These are solid metal billet handles which I ordered from Gear Jammin which are very heavy.

wpage 03-05-2009 12:27 PM

Sounds like you just screw thru the plastic louver part...
That is all you need. The clips will keep the louver down to the hood.
Have Fun!

If you search it there is a post with pic's on a similar install.

RazM 03-07-2009 06:26 AM

If they're anything like other hood handles, they come with headless bolts, you thread one end into the handles and the other side you just tighten with a nut.

If they didn't come with nuts, just figure out the bolt size and buy some nuts and washers for them.

Ed G. 03-07-2009 02:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These should help,

Attachment 50658

Attachment 50659

OZH3 03-11-2009 05:17 AM

Thanks guys for all the help and pictures it has answered my questions. It really puzzled me about the headless bolts. Still not sure why they sell them like that but I guess I will just fit nuts on the ends.

Thanks again.