Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best way to keep bumpers BLACK? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36774)

rw789 02-18-2009 10:35 PM

Best way to keep bumpers BLACK?

Hey guys, Please tell me your best products on keeping the fading black bumpers black? Thanks, Rob.

ultralitepro 02-18-2009 10:45 PM

Re: Best way to keep bumpers BLACK?

I use something called Tuff Stuff Trim Spray that seems to work for a couple washes or so.. Best that i have found so far but that my opinion.

Its also quite hard to find too so good luck. They might not be making it anymore

bmbenear 02-18-2009 11:56 PM

Mother's "Back to Black" trim conditioner works really well. Most automotive stores carry it.

Intercooled 02-19-2009 12:10 AM

Someone mentioned "Black Again". They said it was the best theve used and its on his show cars. I'm going to give it a try this spring.

http://store.pakshak.com/black-again.html

splne1 02-19-2009 11:17 PM

LINEX it:popcorn:

HummerMann 02-20-2009 03:09 AM

I use Black Again on my H2 bumpers and have used it the last two years and like it a lot. I also use a VERY THIN application of it on the SUT bed black cover in back.

Intercooled 02-20-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerMann
I use Black Again on my H2 bumpers and have used it the last two years and like it a lot. I also use a VERY THIN application of it on the SUT bed black cover in back.

How long does it last?

jmsspratlin 02-20-2009 05:34 AM

Just took advantage of the TSB for the Hummer H2 that says the dealer will pay for the Gator Back coating. The dealer did everything. Bumpers, handle buckets, fender flares, hood plastic, and rear vents. All was paid for in addition to providing me a rental. Looks great and I don't ever have to worry about the plastics getting the chalky look. I will post up pics if interested.

rw789 02-20-2009 06:16 AM

[quote=jmsspratlin]Just took advantage of the TSB for the Hummer H2 that says the dealer will pay for the Gator Back coating.

What is TSB?

HummBob 02-20-2009 07:07 AM

[quote=rw789]
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmsspratlin
Just took advantage of the TSB for the Hummer H2 that says the dealer will pay for the Gator Back coating.

What is TSB?

Technical Service Bulletin

HummBob 02-20-2009 07:08 AM

Quote:

Just took advantage of the TSB for the Hummer H2 that says the dealer will pay for the Gator Back coating. The dealer did everything. Bumpers, handle buckets, fender flares, hood plastic, and rear vents. All was paid for in addition to providing me a rental. Looks great and I don't ever have to worry about the plastics getting the chalky look. I will post up pics if interested.

I REALLY would like to see Pics!!! Do you know the bulletin #??

jmsspratlin 02-20-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBob
I REALLY would like to see Pics!!! Do you know the bulletin #??

I'll see what it is. I'm at work at the moment though.

jmsspratlin 02-20-2009 09:00 AM

First, here's the link http://gatorbackcoatings.com (click cladding restoration on the left then look at the bottom for the TSB link. Print it and take it to the dealer, that way they feel obligated to some degree to do it)

Second, the TSB is TSB # 08-08-111-003 It covers 2003-2007 H2 SUV and SUT

Hope this works out for you......Jamie

Intercooled 02-20-2009 01:28 PM

Never heard of this, post some pics!!

HummBob 02-21-2009 07:35 AM

Quote:

First, here's the link http://gatorbackcoatings.com (click cladding restoration on the left then look at the bottom for the TSB link. Print it and take it to the dealer, that way they feel obligated to some degree to do it)

Second, the TSB is TSB # 08-08-111-003 It covers 2003-2007 H2 SUV and SUT

Hope this works out for you......Jamie

Awesome Jamie....THANKS!!!!:clapping:

Goalkeeper 02-21-2009 05:04 PM

Has anyone had the TSB serviced in the Richmond, VA area?

Thanks!

-Matt

Karsun 02-21-2009 05:46 PM

The best stuff we have found is called Prolong. I can't find it in stores but I have seen it online. Awesome stuff.

jmsspratlin 02-21-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goalkeeper
Has anyone had the TSB serviced in the Richmond, VA area?

Thanks!

-Matt

\
Just ease your mind, what Hummer does is to task it out to Chev dealer's body shop, unless you are fortunate enough to have a "Hummer" body shop where you live. Never heard of one though.

Rico001 02-27-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

\
Just ease your mind, what Hummer does is to task it out to Chev dealer's body shop, unless you are fortunate enough to have a "Hummer" body shop where you live. Never heard of one though.

Our local Chevy Dealer will do the Gator Back process but only if you are the first owner.

I'm going to print this out for them and see what there story will be this time.

~Richard

HUMMERICH23 02-27-2009 01:00 AM

How about the best product to clean the stainless steel tail pipes of say a Corsa Exhaust that has gunk all over it inside and out from a ****ty NEohio winter. I cant get off the black suit either from the internal combustion engine staining my pipes!

Richard