Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   One fast directional blinker ... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26051)

Hmmm2 04-09-2007 06:28 PM

One fast directional blinker ...

My left directional blinker makes the normal 'metronome' sound at the normal speed .. but, this morning my right directional is going 4 times as fast, like it's in speed mode! A month ago my left one did the same for about 4 left turns and then went back to normal. Has anyone had this happen? As of right now, my right one is still blinking very fast when I use it for right turns. :confused:

fourfourto 04-09-2007 06:37 PM

Re: One fast directional blinker ...

I know with a traditional blinker if it gets faster a bulb is out .(also it gets slower when hooked up to a trailer)
Not sure with the newer electronic blinkers.(could be a program issue ?)
I would check to make sure all bulbs are working.

pdsq99f4 04-09-2007 07:19 PM

Your rihgt rear brake light bulb is burned out.

stagger_lee 04-09-2007 07:39 PM

Mine was doing the same thing. I could be a loose or dirty connection too. I slapped the side of the brake light cover, and it worked again. I have been too lazy to pull off the cover, but it only did it one other time and nothing a slap didn't fix. :giggling: Im sure it will short itself out here soon, and I'll just replace the bulb. try a slap to get you by. :beerchug:

Hmmm2 04-09-2007 10:22 PM

Well Stagger .. I slapped it a few times. Nothing happened except a sore palm and a few weird looks from a neighbor. :giggling: But, fourfourto and psdq were right ..burned out light. I'm taking it into the dealer tomorrow for a couple of ongoing issues, so I'll have them replace it then. Thanks guys.

Roughwater 04-11-2007 12:51 AM

Seems like this is a common issue lately. Mine is doing the same with the bulb burnt out. Trying to replace it now, but has anyone here pulled the rear lights to know how to get to the bulb? I took out the two screws I could see, but no luck in easily getting the cover off, thought I would ask before I ripped the whole thing off.

Thanks in advance.

ChasH3 04-11-2007 02:02 AM

Mine did the same thing... just replace the bulb...

Roughwater 04-11-2007 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasH3
Mine did the same thing... just replace the bulb...

ChasH3, How did you get the rear light assembly off? I've removed the screws, but didn't really get anywhere and don't want to break it off if I am missing a step somewhere.

Thanks

stagger_lee 04-11-2007 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmmm3
Well Stagger .. I slapped it a few times. Nothing happened except a sore palm and a few weird looks from a neighbor. :giggling: But, fourfourto and psdq were right ..burned out light. I'm taking it into the dealer tomorrow for a couple of ongoing issues, so I'll have them replace it then. Thanks guys.

:giggling: Yeah I wasn't kidding. Mine did that the first night I drove her home from the dealer. Slapped her back into conforming, and one other time it happened too. Worth a try before spending all of $2 and 10 min to replace the bulb. :giggling: :beerchug:

K9sH3 04-11-2007 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagger_lee
I could be a loose or dirty and nothing a slap didn't fix. :giggling: try a slap to get you by. :beerchug:

God I had to do this, I was laughing so hard. Mine mind is not well :jump:

:beerchug:

Just playing stagger.

stagger_lee 04-11-2007 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9sH3

Just playing stagger.

:giggling: did i say that? :giggling:

Hmmm2 04-11-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9sH3

Just playing stagger.

LOL K9s ... I tried to keep a straight face when reading what stagger wrote.
:giggling: I knew he meant the 'bulb', but ya know .... . :giggling:

grasskiller 04-13-2007 04:25 AM

I had the same problem when i had the H3 . the R side had a brake bulb burn out on the rear lights.

blindzebra 04-13-2007 04:31 AM

when mine hit a tree and broke the frint left turn signal it clicked really fast. same as the old vws. its a idiot sign that something on that isn't working.

ChasH3 04-13-2007 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughwater
ChasH3, How did you get the rear light assembly off? I've removed the screws, but didn't really get anywhere and don't want to break it off if I am missing a step somewhere.

Thanks

There are a couple of side pins. Just pull, until they release.....