Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Breaking in the new mods- H3 & Jeep Offoad Pics! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38467)

REDLYNER 11-09-2009 03:26 AM

Breaking in the new mods- H3 & Jeep Offoad Pics!

Since our last trip, we added rock sliders, offroad lights, and the Boulder Accessories winch bumper (with 9.5k lb winch) to the H3. I would say my wife broke them in properly!

We also mounted 37" Pibull Rockers on the TJ and they are monsters on the trail.

She crawled the H3 over a couple of obstacles that guys with similar rigs wouldn't even try (JK's, 4Runners on 35"s, FJ on 33"s) Ran two trails at URE and just had a blast.

On to the pics!

Rred 11-09-2009 06:16 AM

Re: Breaking in the new mods- H3 & Jeep Offoad Pics!

nice, love seeing these trucks offroad. even if your wife is driving it.

Rred 11-09-2009 06:49 AM

nice, love seeing these trucks offroad. even if your wife is driving it.

Ryan Graham 11-11-2009 05:26 AM

Maybe its just the angle of the pics but it looks like she's going to be asking for some new tires for christmas:dancingbanana:

H3slate 11-11-2009 06:59 AM

Thanks for sharing. How were the Pitbulls on the road?

REDLYNER 11-11-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3slate
Thanks for sharing. How were the Pitbulls on the road?

The Pitbulls are just ok as a combo tire (DD and off-roader). Loud as hell, but I don't mind that since jeeps are pretty loud anyway. Up to 50mph they are fine, over 50mph and they start to vibrate. Since mine are 15x8" wheels, they really stick out over the lip of the wheel and can't be balanced. Not recommended for a daily driver.

But off-road, they can't be matched.

hummeraddict 11-16-2009 01:19 AM

Looks like she may be stuck in a couple of those pics. Maybe its just the angle of the pic. I agree with a previous poster. I see some awesome M/T's coming for X-Mas. :)

REDLYNER 11-16-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummeraddict
Looks like she may be stuck in a couple of those pics. Maybe its just the angle of the pic. I agree with a previous poster. I see some awesome M/T's coming for X-Mas. :)

They were extreme ruts which put the H3 nearly on its side, but she crawled right through without spinning a tire!

M/T's will be on by next week, we are going to a private off-road park in two weeks, so I'll have them on for that.

Rred 11-16-2009 06:56 AM

hey, they make this powder stuff to put inside the tire. it should balance you out a lot better and it's constantly balancing the tire too. check it out. i can probably get more info if you need it. but any tire shop should know about it.

frenzy1 11-26-2009 06:34 PM

Man ! Those pics are amazing !! Great rides !! I'm jealous we can't do that in Belgium !!!