Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   N-Fab New Nerf Steps (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29989)

aflax24 09-25-2007 03:09 PM

N-Fab New Nerf Steps

2 Attachment(s)
Supposedly they told me I am one of the first to get their black nerf steps. I had been looking to get a pair for a while. They finally got them made up. I am real pleased with the quality fit and build and reccomend. The steps are functional but dont hang to low. If you look at the side shot you can see that some of the junk under the car still hangs lower.

Attachment 43728

Attachment 43729

waynesoffroad 09-25-2007 03:39 PM

Re: N-Fab New Nerf Steps

Those look great! I'll have to consider those. I found these from Trailgear- http://www.trail-gear.com/rocksliders.html But they do need to be welded together.

fourfourto 09-25-2007 03:44 PM

Do they mount with 2 brackets or more ?
whats the price ?

There sight doesnt list H3

aflax24 09-25-2007 04:16 PM

They mount with 2 brackets, 4 bolts, Pretty solid. They claim to have a 450lb weight limit. So fat wives are ok...Just call up and talk to missy. They are brand new and havent been updated on the site yet.

H3slate 09-25-2007 11:38 PM

Looks great!! Any problems hitting them with your legs when getting out of your rig?

Agriv8r 09-26-2007 12:36 AM

great looking steps...how much??/

subunix 09-26-2007 07:52 PM

Where did you get these, I'd like to look into getting a set

wpage 09-26-2007 09:10 PM

lookin good:beerchug:

Sewie 09-27-2007 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aflax24
They mount with 2 brackets, 4 bolts, Pretty solid. They claim to have a 450lb weight limit.

:confused: :confused: So are they claiming these are rock rails or just steps? 'Cause it sounds like these would be destroyed on the trail. Reminds me of the Manik "rock rails."

3Hummer 09-27-2007 01:24 PM

looks good.

aflax24 09-27-2007 01:55 PM

I got them from N-Fab, they are at www.n-fab.com. I actually gave the owner some feedback and he offered that if anyone wants them with 4 mounting brackets per side he would make them up no problem. I think the cost was somewhere around $490 shipped. I preordered a while ago...I was waiting for them to be made.

To the sarcastic guy: no "claiming" of them to be rock rails...just cool looking steps. After putting them on, they are strong, I only have two brackets and I can jump up and down on them with no movement. I think with 4 brackets they would hold up just fine. I just really like the way they look.

One word of advice, let them know if you have the mud flaps and they will set them up about a half an inch shorter for better fit.

Sewie 09-27-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aflax24
To the sarcastic guy: no "claiming" of them to be rock rails...just cool looking steps. After putting them on, they are strong, I only have two brackets and I can jump up and down on them with no movement. I think with 4 brackets they would hold up just fine. I just really like the way they look.

Sensitive much? :crying: :crying:

I wasn't being sarcastic (for a change ;)). It's a legitimate question. Do a search on here for "manik rockrails". They were being advertised as true rockrails until a couple people destroyed them on the trail. Then Manik changed their tune and started calling them "decorative." :rolleyes:

As steps, I agree, they look good, and I'm sure they're functional. But I wouldn't want people to buy them thinking they'll offer protection, when it appears they won't.

aflax24 09-28-2007 04:28 PM

:beerchug: Just joking dude.

I understand what you sayin...

They are just cool steps, make getiing in/out for wife easy and back seaters, real easy. Plus, they dont hangdown too low.

No biggie. they dont make sense as rock rails seeing as they have steps on them. However, if you get them made up with 4 brackets, they would prob be strong enough for some protection.

Desert Dan 09-28-2007 04:48 PM

Boulder Catchers

I'd hate to get stuck on a rock with those steps