Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Red & Blues reinstalled :) (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23373)

Klint 12-29-2006 01:59 AM

Red & Blues reinstalled :)

To much bandwidth used <Link Removed > :)
There is a movie I am going to take it down after about 200 hits

raptorman53 12-29-2006 02:08 AM

Re: Red & Blues reinstalled :)

That'll get some attention. :D

2xtreme 12-29-2006 02:21 AM

nice

marin8703 12-29-2006 02:55 AM

that looks pretty sweet. is it legal?

The Green Lantern 12-29-2006 02:59 AM

Hey, pretty cool. I wanna do that, but would like to install just amber lights.

f5fstop 12-29-2006 03:11 AM

Wow, fireman can use blue? Most states from what I have seen or heard, can only use red for volunteer firepeople.

Klint 12-29-2006 04:02 AM

YEah we can use Red and blue here.. been using them for 9 years now lol

Klint 12-29-2006 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green Lantern
Hey, pretty cool. I wanna do that, but would like to install just amber lights.

If you want me to order them for you let me know. or if you need help installing them I just did it hehe:jump:

The Green Lantern 12-29-2006 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klint
If you want me to order them for you let me know. or if you need help installing them I just did it hehe:jump:

Do you have the link or where did you get them?

Klint 12-29-2006 04:07 AM

i'll have to look them up some I got from Galls

The Green Lantern 12-29-2006 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f5fstop
Wow, fireman can use blue? Most states from what I have seen or heard, can only use red for volunteer firepeople.

What about field Biologist in CA, any regulations or laws? I would like to install just amber lights. Thanks. :D

RubHer Yellow Ducky 12-29-2006 04:13 AM

Quote:

What about field Gynacologist in CA, any regulations or laws? I would like to install just amber lights. Thanks. :D

On that check for Florida also !

RYD

The Green Lantern 12-29-2006 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
On that check for Florida also !

RYD

:jump:

Hey!! still can't find your Camera adaptor or something. :beerchug:

The Green Lantern 12-29-2006 04:28 AM

F5 went to sleep?

H3.007 12-29-2006 02:25 PM

Blue is the only color that volunteer firefighters and rescue personal are permitted to use in PA, unless you are brass (chief, asistant chief, etc.).

When I used to run, I didn't bother with the blue lights. As soon as the state police would spot a "blue lighter" coming, they would hit them with radar. Several folks got pegged for speeding tickets on the way to calls. My stealth theory worked and I was never pulled when responding. :clapping:

f5fstop 12-29-2006 02:57 PM

Yes, F5 does sleep:jump:

state laws vary too much for me....My neighbor is a volunteer fireman and I have helped him wire his lights in his vehicles, and he told me in MI, blue was a no-no for volunteer fireman, only red or amber can be used. In TN, I only saw red, so I assumed it was the law there too.
TN also has a very strict law on strobe lights, they cannot be installed on any non-emergency vehicle, regardless of the strobe color. At a vette rally one day, some guy had strobes going, the Murfreesboro cops cruised in, and gave him a hefty ticket, and not only told him he had to appear in court, but he had to appear to have the car inspected to make sure the strobes had been removed. I checked with my Sheriff friends, and yes, they said that the law was strict in TN, no strobes at all, regardless if they are flashing or not.

I much prefer order so let's make everything a Federal Law :fdance:

Klint 12-29-2006 03:14 PM

yeah, in TX the laws are diffrent.. If you kill someone we kill you but if you run blue lights and don't abuse them most of the time no one will say anything. Considering all of our fire trucks, EMT units, Cops, ect.. run red / blue but road crew's are Amber only ect...

Alost of the 18 Wheelers that carry gas in TX have Amber Strobes on the back of the truck. :clapping:

K9sH3 12-29-2006 04:19 PM

I think here in FL you are asking for a whole lot of trouble if you have any Blue or Red going. I had a truck once and the kids bought me those light for the tire caps, they were blue. In two days I was stoped 3 times for them, the reason I was told is someone may think I am a police and only Police can have blue. I took them off and the kids got them for the bikes.

I have clear strobes all over the 3, But they are used for work.

DDWH 12-29-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

What about field Biologist in CA, any regulations or laws? I would like to install just amber lights. Thanks. :D

Get a job working for Caltrans!;)

whaaaaT 12-29-2006 07:24 PM

Ha! i pull volunteer firemen over all the time. Half the time they arent even going to a call. Its like a i wanna be cool thing for some driving around with flashing lights on your car or something. Or even trying to scare people thinking your a police car. Police are red here fire is blue. If you can run red and blue how do people know if your a police car or not there?